M107 killed my backpack

Date/Time:

May 23rd, 8:15pm (GMT+1 + DST)

What happened:

I lost my backpack and all items inside due to switching to the goddamn M107

Where you were:

Somewhere up north, doesn't matter

What you were doing:

I had a large 24 slot coyote pack and some pretty nice equipment. When looking for a pair of NVGs for a friend, I found a M107 with 4 magazines yesterday. I put it in my backpack because it's pretty rare and might come in handy for a long distance firefight.

Today I wanted to see how it performs and wanted to switch to it. So I dropped my M4A1SD on the ground and closed my inventory again with G. Then I looked away from the M4A1SD and opened my inventory again by pressing G, opened my backpack (full of good supplies!) and put the M107 into my main weapon slot in the inventory. The biggest I've ever done!

My backpack was immediately lost, along with all items inside! It just vanished!

Current installed version:

1.5.8.2 of DayZ

Server(s) you were on:

US Hardcore 3

Is there even the slightest possibility to get at least my large backpack back? I'm really kinda mad to be honest to have lost all my stuff AGAIN to a random bug...

I have kinda the same problem but it was not lost.. mine just fell of to the ground..

Is it so that you can't weapon a M107 and a Backpack at the same time?

Thinker.. this makes the M107 kinda worthless sin you need a backpack to have gear in it.. or do i have to drop my backpak.. take out the m107.. go shoot then go back a hope it has not despawned??

Thinker

The m107 as well as the mk48 mod 0 takes up your main weapon slot as well as prevents you from carrying a backpack. Next time store your backpack in a tent or vehicle before equipping.

TJ |RUS|' pid='76805' dateline='1338165039']

The m107 as well as the mk48 mod 0 takes up your main weapon slot as well as prevents you from carrying a backpack. Next time store your backpack in a tent or vehicle before equipping.

Not true for mk48, Im using it and it takes a normal slot. Ive used the m107 also and this one uses the backpack slot. The m136 also uses the backpack slot.

Also, youre using the old code.. there has been a fix for the M107..

According to the changelog, this has been fixed in 1.6; newly-spawned M107s are now regular primary weapons which allow you to wear a backpack simultaneously.

Think this bug still exisits, can anyone else confirm?

Found the M107 last night and it replaced my standard cayote backpack I was carrying....

I have a m107 and its not replacing my backpack. Could it be that some of the old bugged 107's are still floating around inside tents?