DaxShark115

How do I actually save my character?

It's been a few times were I have needed to shut down the game and I just don't understand how to save my character. I have lost about five different characters, and it's getting to become quite the annoyance, especcially if I have worked so hard to find that road flare and windscreen. How do I save my character, or even load it up?

Thanks

I believe, when you quit, it automatically saves it. When you go back in, you should start where you quit prviously.

It saves automatically, but sometimes when you pick something up then leave right after picking it up the item won't be there when you come back. If that's not it try joining the same server. Some servers make you start a new character which I don't understand.

I believe, when you quit, it automatically saves it. When you go back in, you should start where you quit prviously.

I thought so too. I started up today and was placed exactly where I left, but I was given only my starting equipment. I lost chemlights, 5 M1911 magazines, road flares 2 baked beans and a hatchet.

Some servers make you start a new character which I don't understand.

Those servers run a private database not connected to the Hive.

Based on my experience, some server save and others don't. I had a saved character, logged off and came back and I had to select a gender. I closed down and connected to another server and it picked up my last saved guy. I would just keep trying a few servers to see if one picks up where you left off. If not, new character time!

Is there any way for me to distinguish between servers that save my data and those that don't?

Is there any way for me to distinguish between servers that save my data and those that don't?

Usually servers with "Private Hive" don't save if you join another server. I remember reading on here that your character gets saved every 2 minutes or so on normal servers connected to the hive.

Just don't join a server that have one of these in its name: NO-CDKEY, Private DB, Alt. Hive, Local DB; or the name does not start with "DayZ" or "DayZ Zombie RPG", or not followed by country code and server number, server config params like used DayZ version, used beta patch, 3rd person view on/off and crosshair on/off

Edited by Sioda