Sign in to follow this  
cod3r

another tent thread

so.. am i to understand that tents are sort of like vaults? As in a place to store things..

If this is so do my things go away when I die or will they remain in my tent?

I assume other people can loot things out of my tent?

If your stuff persists even when you die I could see people setting up camps and using them as a sort of base.

Tents can be used to store items for you. Use the "save"-option in the interaction menue after you set up the tent and placed all items you don't want to carry around anymore. "save" will save your tents current location and stored items on the server it's been set up. The tent will not carry over to other servers, so you mind want to write down on what server you placed it.

The tent will (after a while) despawn after you died. You will be albe to take out any items you placed in it earlier (if noone else stole them ;) ) but you won't be able to pack it and take it with you.

Yes, other players can access whatever you stored in your tent if they happen to stumble across it.

I hope I could answer all your questions.

makes sense thanks.

I see some potential with this as a means to stock up on things so that you can make your way back when you die and re gear..

Also seems like the groundwork is laid for some pretty cool features in the future.

You can't put tents inside, I kind of hope we get another sort of stash item, one we can place inside buildings, especially on the second levels etc.

So what happens when you pack a tent that still has stuff in it?

The contents get scattered on the floor.

Tents have a 0.41% chance of spawning in residential buildings, offices and churches. To maximise the chances of success check out big enterable buildings with multiple rooms. They offer more spawn point for loot. Every spawn point within those buildings has a 40% (a few 60%) chance of spawning something.

I hope this helps. The information presented is from a loot spreadsheet (likely to be a bit outdated by now): http://picacid.com/arma2/loot_en.html