Sign in to follow this  
Phanlo

Crashed Hueys - where did they go?

Since the last patch I've really noticed a drop in the number of crashed helicopters scattering Chernarus, the drop being from some to none. I never had a problem finding them before (unable to do anything with them before), but now I've been looking harder than ever and have yet to find one post-1.5.8-release.

Me and someone else have spent nearly 11 hours in the 2 days since release checking every major field in the west of the map.

Has anyone else noticed this or is it just me being completely out of luck?

I've seen a couple before the patch. nothing yet since. could just be bad luck

Haven't spotted a single one. I found 3-4 before the patch, and I've checked pretty much every open space between Stary, NE airfield and Devil's Castle and nothing. Even all the places where I sawthem previously....Man I really want to find a M14

Been asking myself the same question. Am i blind or just really unlucky? ..or have they disappeared since the 1.5.8 update?

@ Finch... dont bother looking for the M14. There is nothing special about it at all. ;)

@Finch... dont bother looking for the M14. There is nothing special about it at all. ;)

If you want a cannon with an aimpoint on it, it's pretty good, haha.

I've yet to see one since, either. Hope somebody posts here if they're luck turns.

I think I like them being ultra rare.

I'm still yet to find one myself since the patch and no one else has posted otherwise; is it really ultra rare or just non-existent?

To be honest I'd prefer if it is ultra rare since it means that I haven't been wasting my time. I just hope that my time spent searching wasn't the same as trying to find the end of the rainbow.

I saw a huey crash then I looted the bandits that came out of it.

Pre or Post patch .3?

It was a repaired helicopter, not a loot-spawning helicopter crash.

I think I like them being ultra rare.

same here, especially since they got ULTRA RARE LOOT. well if the loot got fixed atleast, but you get the idea.

I found one crashed UH-1Y Venom last night. It still didn't allow you to pull any gear out of it. (Going into map->units->player and clicking on Gear wouldn't open anything.)