Sign in to follow this  
WisdomSnork

Killed a player...server said by friendly fire..

So as the topic states, I was laying beneath some bushes with the ol' thermal up practicing shots on zombies, when I see a player. They may have just logged in as I didn't see them arrive.

So I proceed to humanely put this person down with a single shot to the head, and the server reports "Snork has killed blahblah (friendly fire)"

I looked at my numbers and neither my murders nor bandit kills went up. I looted everything of value off this guy (unfortunately no primary weapon on him) but I nabbed a toolbox. So I know it was a player..

What's up with this?

if u kill a player while hes loggin in u get friendlyfire msg without a kill, cuz he was still in loading screen

Does he actually die? IE "wake up dead" when he logs in?

Or does it save you when you're logging in?

yeah , you die and have to restart but sometimes it glitches and you spawn with all your old gear

The only time I had this happen to me, I was in debug for a bit, but when I logged and relogged, I was back on the coast, in a random starting spawn with all of my gear.

You killed the poor guy before he was even loaded in the game. GG?

I got that too once, on one who was moving around, playing... Killed him, FRIENDLY FIRE... Checked his body... no loot... nothing... no name... nothing... also his vehicles disappeared too...

Bael, one, I didn't know he was loading.. I was in an area where loot spawns practicing my headshots on zombies at 300 yards when I turn my vision to a nearby building and see his glowing form standing there.

It didn't occur to me to wait and see if he moved before I killed him.

Two, even if I did know he was loading, I probably would have done it anyway. He logged off right outside the control tower at the airfield near Balota. not the best spot ;]

It happened to me twice - killed a player using AS50 (one shot), got "friendly fire" message but he just dropped down with no corpse left.

And another time I killed the same guy three times in a row, he was just logging back nearby. I disconnected after 3rd time so he wouldn't get behind me by hopping servers. And only one of these shots hit him just after entering the game, So those were hackers I guess.