Sign in to follow this  
Element47

logout timer as possible ALT+F4 solution

first a disclaimer - I have tried searching for similar posts, i might have missed something, if so, my apologies.

i suggest a 15-20 second timer upon logout.

during this time, the player character remains vulnerable to damage, bleeding, being spotted by players or infected, basically to all game mechanics - has however no possibility to react except aborting the logout to regain control of his character.

thus, there is no incentive to logout/exit/alt-f4/pull the cable when in danger to escape threatening game mechanics. it will reward searching for a safe place to "rest" and punish people who use disconnect from the server to escape.

such a solution may jeopardize your character if you suffer connection loss caused by network or server issues - this is however the case with about every online game, and generally accepted.

Rocket already said this is currently not possible because the engine restricts it.

Well, it could be done by jury-rigging certain features of the engine together, and then it might work, in a way.

Already suggested tens of thousands of times bro.

Already suggested tens of thousands of times bro.

This. There are even pools regarding how long the timer should be.

OP, your searching capabilities are indeed not the best... the might even be the worst. :rolleyes:

epic search fail is epic. i apologize for wasting your time and making a fool of myself :)