yakine

Train... Hear me out

Idk about people being able to get on the train and drive it but i would like to see a train that just goes around the map and you can't really do anything with it.

not seeing the point in that...aww man i was killed by a train running in the middle of a zombie apocalypse? whats the point in the train running around in circles? so i agree with the person that created the post here make a train only one and have ppl fight over it...its a vehicle that can not be taking off the tracks and hiding this up north off the map or werever it has to be on the rail road tracks....so then i could see ppl geting hit by a train if someone on the server was driving it.....and you can just lot towns and stock it full. still be able to destroy but not so easy it is after all a train.....and who knows ppl can jump on the train and get a ride without others knowning?

Sounds kinda fun... As long as it were player controlled, with the original set of track on Chernarus, limitless fuel and a very low top speed. Also, people complaining about "oh no, I could get run over by a train..." Trains can't go out of their way to run you over.. you have to be a total idiot to not see/hear a train coming at you, or spend enough time walking exclusively along the tracks to be caught unawares by a train.

Cant we just have only pedal bikes full stop?

Imagine.. Sons Of Anarchy but with pedals.

We only need horses.

This is one idea i dont like.

If you fix it up like anything else, I think it would be a cool idea. Would have to take a lot of time/resources though.

Also, I see problems with letting players control the train, maybe have its movement scripted.

Maybe it could be used as some sort of trading hub for non-bandit players, that would at least give a little bit of insentive to not kill your fellow survivor.

I think it should be ai controlled undestructible but people can snipe you while your on it. This would make it so if you're a fresh spawn you can go to whatever city you want along the coast to help with the current respawn problem.

Train would be fun, being camped as I step off of it.. not so much. But it would increase connectivity to other players. Friend or foe. You would have more people coming into contact with each other. I've been playing for a week now, haven't died yet.. but haven't seen anyone either. I have a hatchet.. and proud of it. lol.

"forever alone"

I like the idea of rail vehicles ; fast moving (long) ghost trains (anyone remembers the movie "RunawayTrain" ?) could also be pretty awesome.

Edited by wickedinsane

Would also like to add, that it may not be too difficult to have a neutral zone around the drop off points for the train.. Sort of, "Trade Markets" so you can arrange trades, talk to other people, get info, etc.

Just a safe zone for players so you can't get shot in these designated areas. Before you know it, people will become merchants, brokers, recruiters for clans. etc.

I think it should be ai controlled undestructible but people can snipe you while your on it. This would make it so if you're a fresh spawn you can go to whatever city you want along the coast to help with the current respawn problem.

Yeah good point, the respawn button was a big help for lots of things :/

A huge train, AI controlled or not, don't really fit in DayZ as it is now imo. Something along with the line of a dresine(like http://hehe.org.free.fr/hehe/texte/rce/images/dresine.jpg or this http://www.geo-tours.de/afrika_sued/zimbabwe_zambia_malawi_draisinen_tour.JPG) would probably fit in better.

As the railroad is now, two would probably be the limit.

A huge train, AI controlled or not, don't really fit in DayZ as it is now imo. Something along with the line of a dresine(like http://hehe.org.free...ges/dresine.jpg or this http://www.geo-tours...isinen_tour.JPG) would probably fit in better.

As the railroad is now, two would probably be the limit.

How does it not fit into dayz? it has a train track so why not a train on the track?

... a neutral zone around the drop off points for the train.. Sort of, "Trade Markets" so you can arrange trades, talk to other people, get info, etc.

Just a safe zone for players so you can't get shot in these designated areas. Before you know it, people will become merchants, brokers, recruiters for clans. etc.

No, no, no no no, and NO. This isn't some carebear game. If Rocket ever adds "safe zones" or "NPCs" or any AI controlled guards or anything, I'll stop playing. I'm sure the same goes for half, if not more, of the other 1 million players that play DayZ.

"Well I hear my train a comin'.

Hear my train a comin'. "

I'm in if Jimi is driver.

• 1 per map
  • You need to repair it much like the helicopter.
  • Much harder to repair
  • Needs massive amounts of fuel
  • Drivable of course
  • No 'AI guards', wtf is wrong with you. Only AI should be zombies

And there we go, with all those factors it would be a great addition

• Like 1

Train should be controlled by AI in my opinion.

Public train that people can jump on.

Stops at every train station to let people off.

I like this idea more than OP's.

I think a good addition to this game would be 1 train on the rail tracks on each server. It would be near impossible to destroy and goes about as fast as a car. clans could try to fight to own the train to move around the map quicker or even people going solo could try to reclaim the train. its only a suggestion so please dont flame :)

Just an idea.

This would be a fun idea though instead of being able to drive it, you could possibly have it so it stops at stations and all the doors open allowing people to get on and off of it. Of course people could wait near the station to ambush players getting on and off, but then this game is risk for reward, get from A - B quick on a train but could be killed, or run from A - B and can survey the area to look for players.

sir, your pic makes me angry, but this idea, god damn it, last thing we need is a monorail

Still think this would work if added to the game.

The train should be a little faster then a car and be very hard to fix up and fuel but if it is it would be a great idea.

I eould get a top hat, a monocle, and a mustache then knock out people and put them on the track just in time for the train to go by