Sign in to follow this  
Carl's Sr.

Im scared... but not of the Zombies

That was a response to you saying that zombies are unrealistic, when the possibility of an infection that produces zombie-like qualities is very plausable.

If you would have actually read my post, you'd have seen that I have no problems with making zombies stronger in fact I believe i said "it would be a great idea to make them hit harder(harder than a normal person would, but not beyond human limitation)"

Normal people have a part of their brain that keeps them from using their full strength(to keep the muscles and bones from being strained), and quite a few people are born with a defect in this part of their brain due to many kind of disorders, and I'm sure theres bacteria that cause this too, but these people aren't bypassing human limitation.

Your idea to add zombies in the style of L4D is bad, but as I stated zombies should be made tougher.

Tougher does not mean making them cartoonishly disproportionate, giving them the speed of a gazelle, or giving them more muscle mass.

how plausible is it? and who can attest to this? and you were suggesting that zombism is the same thing as cannibalism (the guy in florida) which are two different things.

yes and when you said that adding special zombies was "unrealistic" i think you didnt quite know what i meant by special zombies, (buff zombies? fat zombies?)

and where exactly did i state the the zombies from l4d should be added because i find that interesting you bring that up? i had no idea that buff or even fat people only existed in left 4 dead, i guess the cars in the game must be from grand theft auto as well as the driving in your logic

posting on suggestions for this forums is either a win or lose situation, most people dont read the Original post where i said i want challenging zombies and assume i want to bring in the left 4 dead cast :X just because i mentioned the tank from left 4 dead.

Edited by Carl's Sr.

how plausible is it? and who can attest to this? and you were suggesting that zombism is the same thing as cannibalism (the guy in florida) which are two different things.

There are many diseases around today that produce zombie-like qualities.

Nodding disease, Sleeping sickness(caused by a parasite but still), dysarthira(more likely the cause of moaning and such), necrosis, leprosy, and rabies

All of these have been known to do one or a few of the following: increase aggression, create the zombie-esque appearance, create a zombie-esque state(moaning, stumbled walks, etc), cause mental degredation.

A combination of these in a more stable form would create an outbreak that would resemble that of a zombie apocalypse.

yes and when you said that adding special zombies was "unrealistic" i think you didnt quite know what i meant by special zombies, (buff zombies? fat zombies?)

Zombies would likely be suffering from malnutrition, the fat would likely have decomposed or been used by the body to continue operating as would the muscle.

Which is why we should at least stick with the realistic skinny look and just make them hit harder, take more bullets, and increase their spawns

and where exactly did i state the the zombies from l4d should be added because i find that interesting you bring that up? i had no idea that buff or even fat people only existed in left 4 dead, i guess the cars in the game must be from grand theft auto as well as the driving in your logic

I have no idea where I could have gotten that, it may have been from your original post, quite possibly the bolded section:

The title says it all, there is nothing about the zombies that make them a challenge or even a threat... when youre more affraid of other players than zombies in a "zombie apocolypse game" then you know something is wrong

what i suggest is adding more types of zombies into the game and deadly areas.

it would be pretty cool if tank (from l4d) like zombies spawned up north (like at the Noth-west airfield) or in certain towns. they would be a challenge and add the fear that the normal zombies dont come close to adding

whether or not you agree with adding something like a tank, the current zombies are laughable and other players are far more fearsome than the zombies.

You didn't know that Buff "Tank" zombies didn't existed in L4D, even though your post refers to them?

They also didn't have fat "Boomer" zombies?

Planting suggestions in the original post and then trying to act as if others created those ideas, neat tactic. Fallacious logic doesn't really work here though, but good try nonetheless.

posting on suggestions for this forums is either a win or lose situation, most people dont read the Original post where i said i want challenging zombies and assume i want to bring in the left 4 dead cast :X just because i mentioned the tank from left 4 dead.

Actually, the reason is because you didn't present any kind of original idea. Instead you just pointed at the L4D Tank and said "Something like that".

Making no mention of "Maybe we could have zombies that chuck body parts at you" or "Maybe zombies with more body mass that take more bullets to put down" or "Maybe zombies that are just skin and bones that require a headshot to kill"

Nope, none of that, I'll just point

I've said this before but, but zombies do not install fear in me. I never, ever get some sort of adrenaline rush when a zombie attacks me...

zombies are currently only an annoyance, really nothing more..

youre not reading much of what im say are you?

There are many diseases around today that produce zombie-like qualities.

Nodding disease, Sleeping sickness(caused by a parasite but still), dysarthira(more likely the cause of moaning and such), necrosis, leprosy, and rabies

All of these have been known to do one or a few of the following: increase aggression, create the zombie-esque appearance, create a zombie-esque state(moaning, stumbled walks, etc), cause mental degredation.

A combination of these in a more stable form would create an outbreak that would resemble that of a zombie apocalypse.

and did the Florida cannibal man suffer from any of these diseases? Not to my knowledge, he was just a cannible, and it would be very rare (very very very) if there ever was a disease such as one that would produce all the given symptoms you described

VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY Rare chance of it ever happening.... ever

Zombies would likely be suffering from malnutrition, the fat would likely have decomposed or been used by the body to continue operating as would the muscle.

Which is why we should at least stick with the realistic skinny look and just make them hit harder, take more bullets, and increase their spawns

Well if their bodies have been decomposed so fast wouldnt it be more realistic if they couldnt move their arms and legs as well due to nerve and brain damage? so why not just make it as realistic as possible and make it so they cant move?

I have no idea where I could have gotten that, it may have been from your original post, quite possibly the bolded section:

although there is no bolded section i know which one you refer too which is possibly this one

it would be pretty cool if tank (from l4d) like zombies spawned up north

maybe you cant read but noticed where i said Tank like zombies, not the tank from l4d, but zombies like it you have to pay attention to the "like"

part, remember one word can make all the difference

You didn't know that Buff "Tank" zombies didn't existed in L4D, even though your post refers to them?

They also didn't have fat "Boomer" zombies?

Planting suggestions in the original post and then trying to act as if others created those ideas, neat tactic. Fallacious logic doesn't really work here though, but good try nonetheless.

also once again show me where i said i didnt know that :""Buff "Tank" zombies didn't existed in L4D" That too would be very interesting to see, i dont know where youre getting half of your info but you actually have to read the discussion if you want to make a valid arguement, you cant just keep saying i said things i didnt

Actually, the reason is because you didn't present any kind of original idea. Instead you just pointed at the L4D Tank and said "Something like that".

Making no mention of "Maybe we could have zombies that chuck body parts at you" or "Maybe zombies with more body mass that take more bullets to put down" or "Maybe zombies that are just skin and bones that require a headshot to kill"

Nope, none of that, I'll just point

i hope you can read where i said "what i suggest is adding more types of zombies into the game and deadly areas." thats was original idea, also who cares about original ideas? zombies arent an original idea and look at how successful this game is. adding tougher zombies was the original idea, quit making up stupid agruements and actually read the post next time.

Edited by Carl's Sr.

and did the Florida cannibal man suffer from any of these diseases? Not to my knowledge, he was just a cannible, and it would be very rare (very very very) if there ever was a disease such as one that would produce all the given symptoms you described

You were talking as if zombie-esque activity was an impossibility, I presented that and the other 9 to show you that moving to a zombie outbreak isn't as far-fetched as you were making it out to be.

For years biological warfare has been a known threat, is it far fetched that someone could create a lethal cocktail of diseases and release them in a large city?

Who knows, maybe they're slowly being released into the Miami water supply as we speak; and those who drink tap are already being afflicted, while those who drink well water or bottled water are taking longer to change

Conspiracies aside, there is a possibility for a zombie apocalypse scenario. Which is why the argument "You can't expect realism in a game with zombies" is invalid.

Well if their bodies have been decomposed so fast wouldnt it be more realistic if they couldnt move their arms and legs as well due to nerve and brain damage? so why not just make it as realistic as possible and make it so they cant move?

They could get a mild amount of nutrition from native resources (people, non-zombie corpses, animals, plants).

Not sure if you've ever been to Africa, or seen some of the natives from the poorer African countries; but you can still move while suffering from malnutrition. If you had seen said natives, you'd also see that muscle and fat aren't abundantly present on their person.

although there is no bolded section i know which one you refer too which is possibly this one

maybe you cant read but noticed where i said Tank like zombies, not the tank from l4d, but zombies like it

also once again show me where i said i didnt know that :""Buff "Tank" zombies didn't existed in L4D" That too would be very interesting to see, i dont know where youre getting half of your info but you actually have to read the discussion if you want to make a valid arguement

The font and color of the quote text makes bolded words less noticable than I thought it would. You can see the difference if you look close enough though.

Exactly, you said tank like zombies

A Tank-like zombie would have qualities similar to that of the "Tank" Zombie.

The qualities present in a tank zombie are: Superhuman strength, body impervious to burning, large resistance to bullets, forearms the size of a person, and a chest that can fit a couple large tractor wheels in it.

I'm fairly certain only having 2 or 3 qualities doesn't qualify as being "like" something else.

My dog has 4 legs, barks, has fur, a wet nose, and craps outside. He's more similar to a human baby than your revised "tank-like" zombies are to a tank.

Tomorrow:

Ladies - "Hey is that your dog?"

Me - "No, no, that's outrageous. This is my baby-like pet!"

Ladies - "Aww, that's so cute!"

Kidding of course, I don't use the word outrageous in public.

notice once again i said tank like, also who cares about original idea? zombies arent an original idea and look at how successful this game is. also i hope you can read where i said "what i suggest is adding more types of zombies into the game and deadly areas." adding tougher zombies was the original idea, quit making up stupid agruements and actually read the post next time.

Zombies aren't original, but the approach Rocket took is very original; putting players into a zombie survival sandbox with other players.

I have no problem with your idea, I'm just saying you need to elaborate more on it than saying "add something like this game has"

Again, saying something like "add special zombies" doesn't really make a valid suggestion.

It's been requested before, and with a lot more originality. If you're going to make a suggestion, you should at least add some bit of originality to it.

You're missing the point of the project. It's a survival simulation with a zombie apocalypse as context. If you want zombie slaughter play a different game because you won't get that here.

IMO this is what I think is the best zombie implementation (they are tougher than before, but still manageable and are realistic estimations of what zombies would be like).

-Zombies have slower, fixed animations (no more sped up anims), and not zigzag ridiculously.

-Zombies have lots of health if its not a headshot, yet can be still easily crippled with legshots. Example: With an AK47 it would take 3-4 shots to the chest, a 5.56 firearm would be 4-5, while pistols would be very ineffective save for a headshot, and shotgun slugs should be very effective against zombies. That way zombies might not be as fast or difficult to hit, but are still fast, and as inhumanly determined beasts with no feeling of pain, it takes alot outside of a headshot to down one.

-Melee weapons should take 2 hits for the hatchet, 4 for the crowbar.

-Antibiotics should spawn as often as painkillers and morphine, and zombies should have a 30% chance that a bite will infect you.

-Zombies should NEVER be able to break your leg, but under 9000 blood they should have a decent chance of knocking you out for a maximum of 10 seconds. Hitting zombies should do decent damage to any vehicle smaller than a van, do heavy damage to ATV's and bikes, minimal damage to the van, pickup trucks, and offroad trucks, even less to UAZ's, and should do no damage to Buses, the V3S, and the Ural.

-Zombies cannot see you if you are perfectly still when they are close.

-In zombie areas AND being the only zombies in the forest, there should be "sleeping" zombies, they lay down like they are dead, but when you come close or are loud, they wake up and attack, and walking/running over them while asleep will cause them to attack from the ground like a normal prone zombie.

Edited by FrankDaTank1218

For years biological warfare has been a known threat, is it far fetched that someone could create a lethal cocktail of diseases and release them in a large city?

Who knows, maybe they're slowly being released into the Miami water supply as we speak; and those who drink tap are already being afflicted, while those who drink well water or bottled water are taking longer to change

Conspiracies aside, there is a possibility for a zombie apocalypse scenario. Which is why the argument "You can't expect realism in a game with zombies" is invalid.

alright since we're talking mad scientists creating random stuff like zombie viruses, a mad scientist can also genetically engineer a tank from l4d so whats your point? also about realism being a factor in the game, i dont know what youre talking about but thats not the arguement im making, im saying that a zombie apocalypse isnt a likely scenario but since that is the case they could add stronger infected zombies

Exactly, you said tank like zombies

A Tank-like zombie would have qualities similar to that of the "Tank" Zombie.

The qualities present in a tank zombie are: Superhuman strength, body impervious to burning, large resistance to bullets, forearms the size of a person, and a chest that can fit a couple large tractor wheels in it.

a tank like zombie would be a zombie that can take more bullets than the average zombie and deal more damage, yes something like that would add a challenge to the game, no one is saying it has to look like the size of the house but rather a regular person who has a lot of muscle (and yes people with lots of muscle exist in real life)

Zombies aren't original, but the approach Rocket took is very original; putting players into a zombie survival sandbox with other players.

I have no problem with your idea, I'm just saying you need to elaborate more on it than saying "add something like this game has"

Again, saying something like "add special zombies" doesn't really make a valid suggestion.

It's been requested before, and with a lot more originality. If you're going to make a suggestion, you should at least add some bit of originality to it.

actually it doesnt seem like much of an orignial idea either, when i think of this game the first thing that comes to mind is the Walking Dead (TV series),

quote where i said "add something like this game has" i also dont remember saying anything like that

READ THE ORIGINAL POST PLEASE, "add something like this game has"

no where did i say anything of the kind, i said it would be pretty cool if tank (from l4d) like zombies spawned up north, i didnt say add it, i said it would be pretty cool if something Like it spawned up north, what i did say to add, as you can read here is

i dont know where youre getting half of your arguments but stop making stuff up especially since its clear that you didnt thoroughly read the original post

any when you say

i go on later to say that they should add buff or fat zombies, which you also seemed to completely ignore, youre just reading what you want to read and not whats in front of the screen

Edited by Carl's Sr.

You're missing the point of the project. It's a survival simulation with a zombie apocalypse as context. If you want zombie slaughter play a different game because you won't get that here.

can you read at all? where did i say i want "zombie slaughter"? i said i want challenging zombies that prove to be a threat, you should have to be able to pass a reading test before you can post on these forums...

Edited by Carl's Sr.

alright since we're talking mad scientists creating random stuff like zombie viruses, a mad scientist can also genetically engineer a tank from l4d so whats your point? also about realism being a factor in the game, i dont know what youre talking about but thats not the arguement im making, im saying that a zombie apocalypse isnt a likely scenario but since that is the case they could add stronger infected zombies

A mad scientist? All you need is a teenager with some time and money, for all we know these viruses work better together than they do apart(which would take quite a bit of time out of that equation).

The hardest part would be obtaining them.

Genetically engineering something to be stronger than its original body could support, now that's a challenge.

a tank like zombie would be a zombie that can take more bullets than the average zombie and deal more damage, yes something like that would add a challenge to the game, no one is saying it has to look like the size of the house but rather a regular person who has a lot of muscle (and yes people with lots of muscle exist in real life)

Yes, and ot maintain that muscle those people have to consume between 250-400 grams of protein a day(on average). Where are the zombies obtaining all this protein from? I could see normal zombies getting around 40-70 grams of protein a day(the intake needs of someone who isn't fit and doesn't work out)

actually it doesnt seem like much of an orignial idea either, when i think of this game the first thing that comes to mind is the Walking Dead (TV series),

You can't really compare video games to television, in terms of originality. In that case, I can argue "Simpsons did it" for everything.

Anyway, I think it's more of a mashup of Walking dead(Actual comics, the show is too PC) + The Colony + Mad Max.

quote where i said "add something like this game has" i also dont remember saying anything like that

READ THE ORIGINAL POST PLEASE, "add something like this game has"

no where did i say anything of the kind, i said it would be pretty cool if tank (from l4d) like zombies spawned up north, i didnt say add it, i said it would be pretty cool if something Like it spawned up north, what i did say to add, as you can read here is

i dont know where youre getting half of your arguments but stop making stuff up especially since its clear that you didnt thoroughly read the original post

Oh my appologies, instead of saying "add something this game has" You said "It would be pretty cool if something just like the tank from Left 4 Dead spawned up north." Completely different.

But since this is a suggestion thread, you are sayin it would be pretty cool to "add something just like the tank from Left 4 Dead"

Wierd, Left 4 Dead has tanks, and OP is suggesting to add something that Left 4 Dead has; No, OP said he didn't say anything like "Add something this game has". Therefore: Left 4 Dead is not a game; my appologies, I didn't realize that.

A mad scientist? All you need is a teenager with some time and money, for all we know these viruses work better together than they do apart(which would take quite a bit of time out of that equation).

The hardest part would be obtaining them.

Genetically engineering something to be stronger than its original body could support, now that's a challenge.

you must be dellusional because it takes a lot of knowledge in biology to egineer a virus capable of such a thing, this isnt some movie where people can make a virsus with ease by mixing two "potions"

Yes, and ot maintain that muscle those people have to consume between 250-400 grams of protein a day(on average). Where are the zombies obtaining all this protein from? I could see normal zombies getting around 40-70 grams of protein a day(the intake needs of someone who isn't fit and doesn't work out)

but since you want to stick so far to realism, i never see any of the regular zombies intake any protein, should Rocket make it so that the dont move and die due to protein deficiency? because thats basically what youre saying.

You can't really compare video games to television, in terms of originality. In that case, I can argue "Simpsons did it" for everything.

Anyway, I think it's more of a mashup of Walking dead(Actual comics, the show is too PC) + The Colony + Mad Max.

sure you can when it has the same idea or concept at hand, as i just did

Oh my appologies, instead of saying "add something this game has" You said "It would be pretty cool if something just like the tank from Left 4 Dead spawned up north." Completely different.

But since this is a suggestion thread, you are sayin it would be pretty cool to "add something just like the tank from Left 4 Dead"

oh no my suggestion was

do you see the difference? where in that suggestion does it say add tanks from l4d? i dont see it? my suggestion is as quoted and as ive stated before (hoping you are literate)

Wierd, Left 4 Dead has tanks, and OP is suggesting to add something that Left 4 Dead has; No, OP said he didn't say anything like "Add something this game has". Therefore: Left 4 Dead is not a game; my appologies, I didn't realize that.

once again where do i suggest add a tank to the game? you must not have passed grade school if you cant read or even quote where i suggested that. and No l4d is a game i own a copy on steam, and it may not be "original" to add stronger zombies in your views but it usually makes game better when it gets harder as you go

just because you dont agree that adding "stronger zombies" is a good idea it doesnt make it a bad one

I just want the zombies to stop trying to juke me like some NFL football player. Even the 28 Days Later infected (supposedly what DayZ infected are based on) didn't have these moves.

Short suggestion: groups of roving zombies in the forest. Currently being in the forest is basically a sanctuary. The chances of seeing other people is low and we all know we won't see any zombies. But if they could travel around it would take the intensity up a notch.

From what I've heard Rocket has no intention of making "special" zombies or alternate types of zombies. I can understand that he doesn't want to make the game feel like an arcade shooter, but just having zombies that are considerably more buff than others and have more health would be nice. For example the giants (cant remember their real name) in Dead island. What I'm saying is that i want boss enemies that would occasionally make me freeze in my tracks when i saw them and cause me to totally re think what i was doing. Same goes for when working in a clan, it would be awesome to have to think about how to get rid of it without causing too much hastle (zombie swarm / player deaths) and even better, when 2 clans are engaged in PVP and the Giant came out of nowhere, that would really shit both sides up and really turn this into a game rather than a "dodge that rabid baboons" simulator

Edited by GexAlmighty
  • Like 2

they should just have diff type of zombies in the sense of diff types of people

so like fat zombies (still one shot to the head but many more to the body and can more easily hit you down)

child zombies (quick nimble, hard to shoot)

police zombies (riot gear/bullet proof vest making body shots ineffective for number of rounds.

or even something simple like a bed ridden zombies in houses and hospitals.

Itd be nice to see a variety of zombies still stuck/engaged in previous past times :)

Edited by 3rdParty

Like 'helicopter' zombie spawns, why not have 'patrol' zombie spawns that are remnants of soldiers trying to evacuate citizens but died in action?

Burning humvees and some military loot and basically also in the middle of town, like a firefight occured.

There are more zombies than a helicopter scavenge, and the weaponry are of low military value.