Sign in to follow this  
Mopap

Starship Zedsurprise

Twice over the last couple nights I've found myself awash in zeds - because I shot one.

In the first instance, it was in a small town, a partner and I held up in a structure, and they just kept coming. There was no way out but to abort - they were coming through the walls toward the end. Perhaps, I told myself, it was fair enough, I'd attracted the whole town and made my own bed - but then:

Instance two. I was hard up for food, and having found none in the barn I just looted, I figured why not pop the zed lumbering around outside and see if he's carrying some beans. I shot him. He fell. Five zeds beamed in from nowhere - just spawned right on top of the dead one.

I appreciate that the game can not be a true sim insofar as we don't want to be able to just wipe out some set number of zeds then start playing a version of The Sims. And the art of spawning new mobs is perhaps a crafty coding trick - in order to keep it believable. But there's got to be a better way than this! A timer? A proximity requirement? If PLAYER at X then MOBS spawn 100M from X? Something like that?

Because it's starting to feel a little like Gauntlet at times.

hai der fellow forum user.

Please use the search key to find similar posts on which you can add your input.

Furthermore, what this gentlemen said

Its in alpha you dick.

That is all

... 2 above are idiots. Just ignore them.

Also, i dont think its that new zombies are spawning right on top of others, i think its that the sound of the guns has been dramatically scaled up. Once, when i was above a town walking away, a zombie started chasing me. So i just turned around and shot him with my AKM. Immediately, the entire town started running up the hill at me.

I dont think its any problem with spawning, its more likely that the amount of noise a gun makes has been improved. Dont use an assault rifle in a city/town, period.

Edited by Cinc