Sign in to follow this  
Flex Plexico

As long as I didn't hack it in right?

"Using a hacked vehicle/weapon will identify you during database analysis, and your character may receive special logging attention in the database"

So for the 6 soldier camo's and generator in my inventory, I'm rewarded by having special logging attention? Sweet.

There will be much people playing dayz, but not using this forum or still are noobs in dayz!

Ignorance of the law is no excuse.

People who play a game should at least know the rules and guidelines of a mod. There are enough hints in the forums and the wiki, whoever doesn't use it is ignorant. This thread gives me hope seeing how many people would ignore a pretty good weapon due to the fact that it wasn't meant to be in the game.

• Like 1

So basically I will not receive any punishment whatsoever for using the hacked in weapon ?

No, "basically" you won't be globally banned by Battle Eye, but you CAN get banned locally if the server admins see you using the hacked gun. If you have a gun that you know was hacked, use it strictly at your own risk knowing that someone might catch you with it and ban you (and no, they won't ask, nor care, if you hacked it or found it).

Ive been in the same situation. Didn't get banned but don't expect to have the weapon for too long. It disappeared the next time i logged in.

Look at all these people acting like they know something lol

Rocket stated himself that if you use a hacked weapon is fine aslong as you didn't hack it.

Rocket stated himself that if you use a hacked weapon is fine aslong as you didn't hack it.

So it's ok if i ask a hacker to spawn me a M1 Abrams so i can "use" it? Just curious...

Do you know the difference between normal AS50 and TWS version? let me tell you, first one is on the allowed list, second one isn't.

This thread is pretty useless since every normal person would think "Oh i got a thermal AS50 that's not on the allowed list. I should probably ditch it." Only cheaters/exploiters try to somehow justify it.

I'm pretty sure you won't get banned for picking up a hacked in weapon that's on the list like normal AS50 because there is no way to tell the difference. But weapons not on the list can be spotted if you read the rules of the mod before playing it.

Ok then I have a question. Seeing as how hackers can spawn weapons that are ALREADY in the ingame databse, like AS50 or M4A1 CCO SD. I pick it up because its legitimately inside the game, though the particular one I pick up is hack spawned. How the hell am I supposed to know if a weapon (or a can of beans even) isn't spawned in?

According to the logic of most of you people, a hacker can just spawn in beans everywhere and cause massive global banning for fair players as they pick up the hacked beans which they though were legit (as they had no other way of telling).

Ok then I have a question. Seeing as how hackers can spawn weapons that are ALREADY in the ingame databse, like AS50 or M4A1 CCO SD. I pick it up because its legitimately inside the game, though the particular one I pick up is hack spawned. How the hell am I supposed to know if a weapon (or a can of beans even) isn't spawned in?

According to the logic of most of you people, a hacker can just spawn in beans everywhere and cause massive global banning for fair players as they pick up the hacked beans which they though were legit (as they had no other way of telling).

While at the doctors for a routine check-up I decided to ask him a question for my friend. I said, "Hey doc, a friend of mine is getting this really painful burning sensation when he urinates. What should I tell him to do about it?"

http://battleye.com/support.html

No one is banned for using non-hack programs (like Fraps, overlays, etc.), picking up or using hacked in-game items, weapons or vehicles, being on a server at the same time as a cheater, or other passive non-cheating activity. Therefore all requests mentioning these things as possible reasons for the global ban are ignored.

No, you will not be banned by Battleye, but the question of morality and whether or not server owners and the like will ban you also comes into play.

So basically I will not receive any punishment whatsoever for using the hacked in weapon ?

Hollllyyy shit this guy is dense.

Why use a hacked weapon? Why even DEBATE this here? Why fucking risk it at all? Hacking ruins this game, don't use hacked shit.

Maybe, maybe not. Battle-eye HAS banned people for this before, but they've swept it under the rug and say "They must of hacked it in".

Where is your proof of this? Holy shit, people will say anything to sound smart when in fact they're dumber than nails.

Banned globally or just from that server? I keep hearing from people that I CAN get banned but others say that Rocket said as long as you the player didn't hack it in, it's fine. Can anyone confirm this or anything. I want a straight answer so that I can either dispose of the weapon or use it at free will.

Drop it and don't use it.

I'ts a hacked weapon and that sort of stuff ruins the game.

If you use it, I hope you get a global ban.

Edited by Slyder73

If the gun is not supposed to exist in the DayZ mod, you best drop it in the ocean and pretend it never existed.

If the gun is a legit find in the game but obviously added through nefarious means like spawning crates and such. You made the kill you earned that gun.

i agree with peoples' ideas about the morality involved in using found hacked weapons, but when it comes down to it, i play this game to have fun. i'm going to do whatever brings the most enjoyment to me. i'm not a community gamer. my life is stressful and i take advantage of any enjoyment i can get out of my couple gaming hours.

would i be pissed if someone killed me with a hacked weapon? no more so than i would be if someone killed me with a non-hacked weapon.

Taso,I feel you're making this more complicated than it need be. The resources it would take to distinguish between those who spawn a nuke-armed Hokum attack chopper or those who spawn a light transport helicopters are too great. We would need jury panels assessing what cheats were used, what weapons were spawned, how they were used and what the motivation of the cheater was before determining an appropriate punishment. This might be in important real life when we're talking about crimes like murder, but this is a game.

We need to stick to a simple principles that everyone can understand:

Spawning weapons into the game is cheating. Using weapons that have been spawned into the game is cheating. Cheating is punished.

But that's still using cheat weapons. If you agree that this is wrong, and what is wrong should be punished, then you have to agree that we must punish those who use such items.

Edit: I understand that we fundamentally disagree on this:

You feel that the advantage conferred by a 'hacked' weapon is the most salient point, and that possessing weapons that do not confer any advantage is acceptable. I feel that this is a bad precedent; that it doesn't matter whether a weapon confers any advantage at all, only that it has been 'hacked' and that we must use the weapons that Rocket has provided with - and only those weapons/items. My concern is that obscuring the simple distinction between cheat weapons and Day Z weapons will result in more of what is perceived as 'harmless' cheating, which is still cheating and still introduces weapons or items or methods of play that Rocket did not want us to use.

My problem with this is that anything could be hacked in. No matter who you kill, the weapon they had could have been hacked.

We're already punishing the guy who picked up a hacked weapon equivalent to the CCO SD (so long as it's a non-DayZ weapon). Why not punish the guy using a hacked AS50? He has gained more of an advantage as a direct result of hacks.

The answer is because you can't detect it. Which is a flimsy reason to punish some people, but not others when the same crime is being committed.

Until you can safely scan for illegitimately spawned items and remove them or punish for them (I'd rather just see them removed), I'd rather not see punitive action on such a spotty and sometimes subjective basis.

I make a habit of screencapping and reporting any player I see with non-DayZ weapons. BE may not ban you since you didn't use a script to find that weapon (and let's be honest, the hacking clusterfuck of late proves how terrible BE is at detecting scripts), but the devs follow up cheating reports. People keep hammering on about "That's not how BE works!!!one!" but you can find yourself banned via other channels. Ones that have a nose for bullshit.

It seems you are adamant to keep it and seem to be ignoring the advise of other forum members. Personally, I hope you do keep it and get banned because that's the only way some people learn how to play fair. You know it's a hacked weapon, drop it and play the game right.

I think if he killed someone who had a "hacked" in weapon, he deserves to use it. No need to be an elitist asshole.

The as50 tws is not in dayz. I would not use it if I were you. It is always best to not use hacked items.

imo the problem doesnt lie with the obviously hacked stuff like an AS-50 TWS, everyone knows that ones not legit.

But what about weapons that are ingame but still got hacked in. You find these all over the place in tents along the northern edge of the map.

so what happens if I scavenge a weapon that was hacked in from a tent that I find in the middle of nowhere ... ? Do you still get the unwanted attention on the hive level or what ?

or the other case that has happened quite often ... hacker comes in and gives EVERYONE on the server a full loadout with an AS-50 and god knows what gear ...

imo you have to tread carefully there because right now im guessing that about 50% of the high-end weaponry in game hasnt been obtained in a legit way, eq. duped via tent or hacked in...or both.

imo the problem doesnt lie with the obviously hacked stuff like an AS-50 TWS, everyone knows that ones not legit.

But what about weapons that are ingame but still got hacked in. You find these all over the place in tents along the northern edge of the map.

so what happens if I scavenge a weapon that was hacked in from a tent that I find in the middle of nowhere ... ? Do you still get the unwanted attention on the hive level or what ?

or the other case that has happened quite often ... hacker comes in and gives EVERYONE on the server a full loadout with an AS-50 and god knows what gear ...

imo you have to tread carefully there because right now im guessing that about 50% of the high-end weaponry in game hasnt been obtained in a legit way, eq. duped via tent or hacked in...or both.

That has been on my mind a lot lately...