Sign in to follow this  
sumusiko

Best snipers?

SVD Camo.

Here's why.

- It has a built-in rangefinder in the scope.

- It hides itself into the terrain (if grassy), and fits well with a Ghillie suit.

- It does 8000 damage and breaks legs most of the time. (And knocks people out if you hit them in the chest.)

AS 50 1 shot 1 kill. Lower recoil then M107 and less noise. More damage than M107 to vheicles

I know people are going to call me dumb, but I prefer the CZ. Ammo is abundant which is a factor given how I try at least once a month to clear Elektro of zombies. "This is my fucking city you zombie fucks!" I always say, until one of them eats my face or I catch an axe to the back. Keeps me on my toes....

I like M24 for it's mill-dots and SVD for build-in range finder.

CZ. Ammo is abundant

As is the ammo for the DMR and M24 :/

AS50 is definitely my sniper rifle of choice. So much power. Like the DMR too though.

M14 AIM

usable in- and outdoors at long range without zeroing

Edited by timohepolis

What stats?

Damage? AS50 and M107 hands down (AS50 is best)

Range? AS50 and M107 hands down

Accuracy? AS50 hands down

Firing speed? DMR, if you don't hit the first time, fire 19 times again.

Usability? SVD for its built-in range estimation which seems easier for most people, although Mil-Dots are quite easy as well if you get the hang of it.

Close range combat? FN FAL, although DMR also may be useful if you can shoot without cursor since it can fire so fast.

In terms of raw firepower, AS50, hands down. In terms of "user-friendly'ness" and practical use, SVD Camo, also my sniper rifle of choice, I'd ditch an AS50 for an SVD any day, every day.

What stats?

Usability? SVD for its built-in range estimation which seems easier for most people, although Mil-Dots are quite easy as well if you get the hang of it.

Close range combat? FN FAL, although DMR also may be useful if you can shoot without cursor since it can fire so fast.

so AS50 for best stats then somekind of a tie between m107 and dmr?

What stats?

I would have picked the M14 for close-range or perhaps it would fit better as mid-range.

so AS50 for best stats then somekind of a tie between m107 and dmr?

You also have to factor in audible range, I believe the AS50 and M107 are 455 meters whereas all the other snipers are 180 meters.

In terms of raw firepower, AS50, hands down. In terms of "user-friendly'ness" and practical use, SVD Camo, also my sniper rifle of choice, I'd ditch an AS50 for an SVD any day, every day.

Mmm... I've dropped 6 SVD's on the ground so far. I would prefer a 1-shot kill as long as people are able to disconnect, and a 1-shot kill on ranges at or further away than 800 meters. 7.62 mm just doesn't work out that well I think on long ranges. Since I have a rangefinder, not much use either for Mil-Dot or SVD scope ;).

As for audibility, AS50 wins there actually. DMR and M107 are incredible noisy, SVD is quite noisy and very distinctive sound as well. AS50 shots blend in perfectly, people within 100 meters will have a hard time localizing an AS50 shot since the sound blends much better in with the background noise. At ranges further away you either only hear a swwooosh while the bullet is travelling over your head or you're dead without you hear the shot. AS50 is incredible quiet for the human ear.

Edited by Bravo-Two-Zero
  • Like 2

SAW. Ill tell you what. In a 1-1 scenario, with each person 500m away, and both knowing the other players position, with a sniper in your hands. Tell me you can still fire with 200 rounds of pain going your way. You dont have to be accurate if you have enough lead to cover a hillside.

As50 for day.

Dmr for night.

and M4A1 CCO SD for any close encounter recon engagements,

- It has a built-in rangefinder in the scope.

I think "all" the sniper rifles have a built in range finder....they're called mil-dots.

And yes, you can find the range of a target by using mil-dots.

my first sniper was the 107, after 20 kills with it I memorized what size = what zeroing. Love it to the death, quite literally, I miss it so, but just found me another one by sheer luck so...

I know people are going to call me dumb, but I prefer the CZ. Ammo is abundant

I find ammo for the DMR far more often the CZ, almost never find CZ ammo.

I'd go M107/AS50 for day and DMR for night

Well since I literally can't find any other sniper rifle other then a 50 cal. I guess I'd have to say the as50.

Seriously, been barracks farming and heli crash hunting for 2 weeks and have found nothing but 50 cals.

I think "all" the sniper rifles have a built in range finder....they're called mil-dots.

And yes, you can find the range of a target by using mil-dots.

A mil-dot doesn't tell you how far away the target is.

If you take pop-shots to estimate the distance, that's still not what they're meant for.

A sniper doesn't randomly take shots at their target to figure out how far away they're sitting, sipping their tea.

Mil-dots are used for zeroing.

The Rangefinder in the SVD's scope is an actual measurement system to see how far the target is. It's what it's meant for.

Edited by Dr621

A mil-dot doesn't tell you how far away the target is.

If you take pop-shots to estimate the distance, that's still not what they're meant for.

A sniper doesn't randomly take shots at their target to figure out how far away they're sitting, sipping their tea.

Mil-dots are used for zeroing.

The Rangefinder in the SVD's scope is an actual measurement system to see how far the target is. It's what it's meant for.

Standing Target:

1.8m x 1000 / Mildots = distance in m

crouching:

0.9 x 1000 / Mildots = distance in m

Edited by koy