jayboltz

Night time doesn't serve a purpose

More people complaining about night time, look, if you feel the need to play during day time, find another server. Sorry if they're a bit overpopulated and the rarity of NVG's is considerably high, but that makes them all the more worth it, if you manage to nab yourself a set, you won't ever want to play a day time server ever again. Making the daytime/nighttime cycle shorter is preposterous. That's such an extreme measure for something that you're able to fix on your own accord with a little bit of luck and skill.

Guys you aren't cool because you play a hard game.

You sound like a bunch of hipsters and im 99 percent sure every single one of you switches servers when it switches to night time.

But you guys keep fronting.

I'll admit. The second the sun goes down I'm hopping on servers across the pond.

However, when I get my hands on some tasty NVG's.... I will only play on Night servers. Then punk ass bandits can't get me unless they're appropriatly equipped for the job.

Keep night the way it is. It's supposed to be end-all-fuck-my-life hard.

#RocketAntiGaming

i joined a game the other day, logged into BEREZ and immediately heard gunshots, granted i wouldnt have been able to see them without nvg, but sure enough i caught 2 bros runing across the field in front of me

use red chemlights, people have to be within like 100m of you to have vision of them.

It grants very good visual concealment from players and zombies.

It adds further purpose to all forms of light sources, night-vision and thermal scopes.

Lack of sight enhances your sense of hearing.

The stars can even be used to navigate the direction of North without the need for a compass.

Temperature is decreased.

How did this thread reach so many pages? Was the point slapped in this guys face in the first few posts?

The stars can even be used to navigate the direction of North without the need for a compass.

reeeeeealllyyyy

i never considered this but you have a point, thats sick.

I cant even explain how wrong this guy is. I only play at night time without NVG. Its so safe and shit is so easy to loot.

Edited by Cryptex

Your eyes will adjust on a star lit or moon lit night and allow you to see fairly well. That being said ArmA does a good job of displaying this, if you dont see the change it's because you're not giving it long enough or you are looking at bright lights too often and the engine is resetting your night vision.

On a dark night no stars no moon youre not going to be able to see, nor would you be able to see well in reality.

I love night time. Its creepy as fuck and reminds me of STALKER@Night

Oh you're smart, what a clever reply. You've completely debunked my whole statement with that one sentence, gosh don't I feel dumb? Silly me I should have realized such a simpe solution. It's not like they're one of the rarest items in the game, which means if you are lucky enough to get them you'll probably be dead before you can use them. Hah infact it's so strange that all servers on during the night are always depopulated with such a simple fix! Thanks professor dipshit where would I be without you!

Sick burn!

Btw, on topic. I think nights should have a smaller duration. It is pretty cool and all and lots of people love it (have you seen the mom rising from the sea at night in this game?!) but it takes way too long. I think a day should take 12 hours to go by. 8 of light, 4 of darkness. Or something like that.

Edited by Dickhat

No, no and no. Learn to embrace the night, her arms are wide open. Carpe Noctem.

I just wish you could start with a flashlight instead of having to find it. Who uses those things anyway lol?

you do...

the night time is great. with or without nvg.

i feel like making a huge contribution to this thread

I FUCKING LOVE PIE

well see i felt like making a contribution but im lazy and i have pie

Looting Cherno at night is the way forward tbh.

Although the light just after sundown is better in terms of visibility which is what i played in last night whilst I attempted to fix a bus. Some of the best; most efficient looting i've done. Until i was shot dead after i finally found the last peice i needed for the bus.

I like darkness. My first playthrough was in a night server but it was just unbearable. If you do get zombie aggro you are fucked since you have to run blndly since your character cant hold a flashlight pointing ahead. I know that would get me shot, etc, etc, not the point. I really liked the atmosphere and would like it was more playable. I wouldn't play on night even if I had nightvision by the way. Green screen breaks atmosphere.

Night time is great time to go raid NW airfield for barracks. Once went them at game time around ~3pm and, I saw half of a second flashlight, I did not have any flares equiped and when they guy came inside barracks, I just soundwhored him and shot him off. There was only few players on server.

So yeah you should be carefull still.

I play on night servers all the time. I love playing on night servers. I love that I literally have to walk INTO a zombie for them to notice me. I love that I have literally walked INTO a zombie because I can't see where I'm going. I love that there are fewer players around, and the ones who are around seem to be of a higher caliber of human being than daytime Cherno COD deathmatch kids who just got done hopping the empty servers at the NWAF.

I recently got a pair of NVGs which made the night time easier. For the last month I've been able to get by just fine without them. When we had a full moon, that was cool. When we had no moon, I got by with well placed flares and chemlights and my flashlight. Are you sprinting across the countryside with your flashlight turned on? Yes, you will get shot. Are you turning it on for a second once in a while just to see where you are? It's a lot harder to notice.

Also, get a military flashlight. The red beam is MUCH harder to see from a distance (unless the person has NVGs, in which case they were going to see you anyway).

Edited by Patient Zer0

I spy with my little eye; A city boy.

I live in a pretty small town. And if I leave the "safety" of the street lights, you can't even see the ground you walk on.

And I have a naturally great "nightvision." (Just able to see well in the dark.)

Well it depends on night, On full moon, you can see anything good.

And on full moon during winter, i remember, it was REALLY bright.

Would be good to see such thing in DayZ, i think.

The best loot I got was from night server. I'm fucking stealth all day, and at night I can play a little. One time I got flares over a hill to kill n.v users, it was delicious :}. Beside the fact they body was gone and I teleported to some place... soon as the textures appeared to be changing, I disconnected =]

Yeah I agree, night time doesn't serve a purpose. Neither does day so lets put it in a limbo of day and night. Also guns don't serve a purpose either, we just kill with them, lets take that out to. Lets also take out cities and loot, who needs loot? It doesn't serve a purpose anywhere in the game. How about lets take backpacks away also? I don't need extra storage, lets also just take out active inventory as well. Lets also take out hunger and thirst, they don't serve a purpose either. Yeah that sounds like the game I want to play.

The best way to fix Day/Night cycle is to make it 5hr Day, 5hr Night, continuous, with all servers having to have the exact same time no matter where in the real world they may be.

1. This fixes server hopping for "day" servers.

2. This means sometimes you log on and it's night, and sometimes it's day and sometimes it's dusk and others it's dawn.

3. This will force people to get good, die, or leave, or wait until the next day to play.

4. Nighttime needs to be near pitch black at max gamma, like how dusk is right now in game, all the time. This fixes no one using light sources.

5. NVG's and Thermal need batteries to work, limiting their use, and making sure people don't just sit there with infinite free light on a hill never having to go looking for loot.

6. Any bullet fire in your direction should put you in shock, and if you ALT+F4 or Abort or disconnect in any way while in shock, you die.

I think I fixed the entire game, yay!

Give beans if you agree.

Edited by Vexus

night time is fine. it's not harder to play at all, and is in fact much easier. insanely low population density. highly visual zombies unable to see you increasing chances of survival. north star for non compass navigation. all you have to do is stop occasionally and use your flashlight, toss flares nearby which provides you with ambient light and draws zombies towards it, etc.

Rocket has gone over this half a million times.

He cant change the cycle of time, as it would break the game, because ARMA 2 has the worst engine ever. If he speeds up time, it speeds up the entire world. If he slows it down, it slows down the world. So unless you want zombies that move a thousand time faster, or not at all, he cant make night faster, or remove it.

Seriously, you are nowhere near the first person to think "Hmm, maybe night shouldnt last 10 fucking hours". Everyone who ever played the game has thought of that.

Edit: Oh yeah, it would also cause shit to not spawn either. So you would have fucked up zombies, and no gear.

beans given for knowing why accelerated time won't happen technically. however, i disagree that arma 2 is worst engine ever.