Sign in to follow this  
ian2buckz

Do you see a DayzHosting.Com Server LOCKED? VIEW!

I'll start this thread off with a short and sweet story that ends in the favor of the community. A few days ago I had decided to go on ahead and purchase a server from HostAltitude (DayzHosting.com) and very much so enjoyed it. However I ended up in favor of a refund after a few days and realized that the server was already bought out by another user. US 1345. Well, I had decided to stick with the server in hopes of still having that half-salvaged vehicle spawn in Stary... And upon joining I was kicked.

Well, it took some threads in the forums to get some notice, but that didn't take care of the problem. So what did I do next? I emailed them. I proved to them the admin is abusing his rights as a server owner.. And hey! Sever disabled.

(Email proof)

DDU7X.png

My suggestion to all users who see an IP of a server ending in "Dayzhosting.com" is to take screenshots, write up a summary, and email it to "

support@hostaltitude.com"

An example of what to type up:

"According to the rules and guidelines posted by DayZ admins anyone who is in possession of a server must obliged to the stated rules here: http://dayzmod.com/f...r-read-in-here/ . While browsing the server list I had come upon a server that advertised your hosting services that violated these given rules.

Proof listed here"

This threads meant to target those who lock their servers. It's an extremely unfair advantage for the rest of us players and it's just not right. Not only does it violate the TOS, it shows that the admins are doing it FULLY aware of the consequences. If a user locks their server for maintenance, I call bullshit. There's no reason to with DayzHosting. I've used them before, the restart process updates the server with your new installed updates within SECONDS. There's no excuses behind their actions at all that validate locking and kicking at random.

Edited by ian2buckz
  • Like 6

Seriously guys...

You have to be very careful here, especially if dayzhosting are suspending services bought on your say so...

They are getting themselves into a very sticky wicket here...

Edited by MarKeR
  • Like 2

Seriously guys...

You have to be very careful here, especially if dayzhosting are suspending services bought on your say so...

There are getting themselves into a very sticky wicket here...

My friend seen this. his server was reported and he is now going to sue, gamers get so mad omg, and he has lots of money, funning thing is he just rented 2 more, dont stop you from getting more :) so ya have fun playing your little game's tell someone sues you and dayz, just saying you seem to do alot of work for rocket ? thank you have a nice day :)

• Like 1

Really i mean this is what the dayz comm has become one giant tattle tail. I promise you this though as a admin i see your ip so please get my server locked down because your a idiot that knows nothing about hosting a server and i promise you your local court house will serve you the bill :) Grow up kids or maybe this game should be pay to play get rid of all the boo hoo

• Like 1

I have to agree with Interex and ah yeah... another hosting provider getting sued within the next few weeks.

To the thread starter: get your own server, pay for it and stop moaning!

Why is this even pinned? It's basically telling people to report servers without first finding out why it's locked in the first place. Jesus.

• Like 4

so he will sue and LOSE he clearly is violating the TOS judge wil llaugh at him

Edited by Cylestea
  • Like 2

The TOS are very specific. I will quote the DayZ server rules.

BEWARE - The same restrictions apply to Non-Dev run servers!

- IT MAY NEVER BE PASSWORDED

- NO OTHER KEYS OR MODS. NONE. PERIOD.

- NO KICKING TO MAKE ROOM FOR 'FRIENDS' OR CLANMATES

- NO LOCKING THE SERVER

- NO EDITING DAYZ/MISSION FILES

- IT'S YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO UPDATE YOUR SERVER TO THE LATEST VERSION OF DAYZ

-BATTLEYE MUST BE ENABLED

- Minimum slot count of 40 (30 for countries where bandwidth is expensive i.e. developing countries)

- Their are only two reasons why you, as a server owner, should ban a player on your server. Those two reasons are: Malicious talk, and racism. You may not ban a user for stealing your loot, killing you, spying on you, etc.

- You may only kick for disruptive behavior (such as continued VOIP over side channel). But you may not kick due to race or language or because the person does something you do not like.

- Kicking for extremely excessive ping or desync is permitted, but if abused is grounds for blacklisting

You violate the TOS, you're going to lose your server. Don't be a dumbass and play by the rules.

Edited by Charlizard
  • Like 4

You know if they are having problems with this then, maybe they should just tag all those players that play in locked servers and ban them from entering the "public" ones... Or when they enter a public server they start from scratch with a new character on the coast.

2wppboy.png

How dare owners lock the very servers they pay for. The DayZ Forum Police and head inquisitor IAN2BUCKZ are truly righteous in their assault upon the evil admins.

Edited by Chazzy
  • Like 7

How dare owners lock the very servers they pay for. The DayZ Forum Police and head inquisitor IAN2BUCKZ are truly righteous in their assault upon the evil admins.

P.S.

Go be 12 someplace else.

They agreed to the rules.

They should stop being such entitles little kiddies. By the sound of it, you'r also american. But out here in the rest of the world, you cannot just sue your way out of your own stupidity. Here you would get jailtime for burning dogs in microwaves, not money!

And really? you tell someone to be 12 somewhere else, with that pathetic of an excuse of a post, with the "U MAD BRO" pic?

P.S.

Go be a dick and 5 somewhere else!

• Like 1

By the sound of it, you'r also american. But out here in the rest of the world, you cannot just sue your way out of your own stupidity. Here you would get jailtime for burning dogs in microwaves, not money!

1z4anbp.png

Edited by Chazzy
  • Like 2

Chazzy, yeah it would be totally fair for server owners to lock their servers. Then they can get their own gear without risk of dying and go onto open servers and kill others. Totally fair.

Imo, DayZ should allow people to make private servers not connected to HIVE. But while connected to HIVE, these servers should not be locked.

• Like 3

This threads meant to target those who lock their servers. It's an extremely unfair advantage for the rest of us players and it's just not right. Not only does it violate the TOS, it shows that the admins are doing it FULLY aware of the consequences. If a user locks their server for maintenance, I call bullshit. There's no reason to with DayzHosting. I've used them before, the restart process updates the server with your new installed updates within SECONDS. There's no excuses behind their actions at all that validate locking and kicking at random.

Why is this even pinned? It's basically telling people to report servers without first finding out why it's locked in the first place. Jesus.

This.

Do people even consider timing with major patches? God forbid someone locks their server until all the patch day(s) woes are sorted out. I would bet $100 the OP made zero attempts to contact the server admin. I just played on the server this morning with no problems... What a bunch of entitled little kids.

Perhaps if there was better protection against the RAMPANT hackers, server jumping, and other general douchebaggery admins might not feel required to lock their servers.

It's embarassing a DayZ forum mod would support this kind of misinformed accusation.

:thumbsup: Before anyone goes any further, they need to read: http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/22386-admin-abuse-what-you-need-to-know/ :thumbsup:

Edited by Ist
  • Like 2

My friend seen this. his server was reported and he is now going to sue, gamers get so mad omg, and he has lots of money, funning thing is he just rented 2 more, dont stop you from getting more :) so ya have fun playing your little game's tell someone sues you and dayz, just saying you seem to do alot of work for rocket ? thank you have a nice day :)

Really? I don't think children can sue.

This.

Do people even consider timing with major patches? God forbid someone locks their server until all the patch day(s) woes are sorted out. I would bet $100 the OP made zero attempts to contact the server admin. I just played on the server this morning with no problems... What a bunch of entitled little kids.

Perhaps if there was better protection against the RAMPANT hackers, server jumping, and other general douchebaggery admins might not feel required to lock their servers.

It's embarassing a DayZ forum mod would support this kind of ignorant accusation.

Read my above post. Unless you've used DayzHosting.com you have no clue how simple their update process is. It takes seconds to update and restart their server. There's no need for the Admin to lock the server to test for maintenance. You schedule a reset, it announces via server, all players are kicked for about thirty seconds (without it being locked) then allowed back in with the update working.

No need to have a huge update process when the files are presented to you in the CP.

• Like 1

This.

You first say that we should contact the admins so the "woes are sorted out." However, you then dignify admins locking servers because of hackers, server jumping, and douchebaggery, even though that is against the TOS they agreed to. Makes sense.

Edited by Charlizard

On top of that, users who play on hacked servers with the admin don't do it 24/7. Obviously they'd gear up just to keep the server locked all day long (sarcasm). Once they lock it, gear up, of course they'd reopen it only to have fun killing everyone else.

So, basically, if something is wrong with your server and you need to test something out without players joining, you're going to get your server banned and lose all your money? Despite you maybe being a rather good admin just trying to figure out why your server is misbehaving so that your players don't have a bad experience on it?

Or someone whose server is set to lock for 30 seconds after every five new joining players to avoid the server getting bottlenecked by too many people joining at once?

So ultimately, locked server = abusive admin; no exceptions. That what you're saying?

There are way too many variables at play.

Edited by Zoop
  • Like 3

On top of that, users who play on hacked servers with the admin don't do it 24/7. Obviously they'd gear up just to keep the server locked all day long (sarcasm). Once they lock it, gear up, of course they'd reopen it only to have fun killing everyone else.

Sounds like you would know?

HostAltitude didn't even reset the server when it was purchased. Incidentally your car in Starry along with the other 2 hordes of vehicles and multiple camping tents were found and destroyed (so they could properly respawn for all players).

So is the pot calling the kettle black?

Additionally did I mention it would be SUPERLATIVE if HostAltitude would actually reset their servers when a new admin purchased them. This kind of customer service is akin to getting a half eaten pizza in what was supposed to be a fresh box. (Fair warning to all)

Let's break this down so everyone has a realistic idea of what is actually happening here.

> Ian2buckz refunds server 1345.

> Server 1345 is purchased by a new owner.

> The server is brought online during a major patch weekend.

> Over the course of the weekend the server is reset multiple times.

> The server is occasionally locked and unlocked (I played multiple times this past weekend).

> The owners discover that the server was not properly reset (Nice one HostAltitude!).

> Despite being in violation of the rules the owner decided to keep it locked until they can manually reset it, so everyone could have a fresh chance to play.

> Spend hours looking for the cars.

> Discover they are ALL horded (minus 1 PBX) in 2 different mega camps.

> Destroy vehicles (manually resetting server).

> Server unlocked today with all vehicles (including helicopters :D) properly respawned and available for all.

> ian2buckz gets butthurt and sends email to HostAltitude.

> HostAltitude never informing the server Admin of the complaint responds to ian2buckz stating they are suspending the server (Nice one AGAIN HostAltitude).

> This misinformed thread is created.

> What could have been a nice FRESH server is destroyed by some random impatient moron.

To the players who like to report everyone and everything. Do you realize why people host servers? It's not so they can sit around and pander to your every whim. They are providing a free service a community of what appears like generally ungrateful jerks.

As proven in this thread. The OP made zero effort to contact the server admin who has already posted in this thread (it's not me, check signatures). Instead he would rather run like a little wimp to the hosting company and cry.

Last time my friends and I try and support the community by giving players a fresh start. I guess next we can just take all the vehicles for ourselves.

Edited by Ist

Just password it for a short while.

Rocket already said it is okay for maintenance things.

Setting the max opens slots to 3 (why do 3 people even NEED to be on the server to test that stuff? wtf) just looks like dbaggery.

So, basically, if something is wrong with your server and you need to test something out without players joining, you're going to get your server banned and lose all your money? Despite you maybe being a rather good admin just trying to figure out why your server is misbehaving so that your players don't have a bad experience on it?

Or someone whose server is set to lock for 30 seconds after every five new joining players to avoid the server getting bottlenecked by too many people joining at once?

So ultimately, locked server = abusive admin; no exceptions. That what you're saying?

There are way too many variables at play.

Considering I've seen multiple servers locked for 5+ hours and then even kicking people from the game when the server is unlocked, for most servers is a yes. I honestly think all servers should make a post in the server forums saying why their server is locked and how long it will be locked. If they don't make the post then they get blacklisted. I think that sounds fair.

If anyone is locking their server to cheat and get gear. They will get burnt out and quit playing anyways. If they want to ruin the game for themselves let em.

I agree I have seen way too many locked server/ admins kicking. Would be nice to see a huge black list. If you want to cheat create your own hive/database. If you can't follow the rules, don't use the main Hive. The main Hive is a privilege not a right.

Edited by Iceman28001