JDogg1329

Any Australians notice the lack of Aussie servers showing up?

Me and my friends are having heaps of trouble connecting to the same servers, there are usually about 15 Australian servers in Dayz commander, but sometimes a friend will see SERVER1 but I wont, and I'll see SERVER3 and they wont. It's weird, and completely random and all over the place, right now I can't find ANY Aussie servers with Dayz or Six launcher, while Gametracker reports there are about 50 servers. Is anyone else having this issue or is it just me and my friends?

http://www.gametracker.com/search/arma2/AU/?search_by=map&query=dayz

Right now I can only see 8 servers, what is going on? It's really frustrating because I have over 200 ping anywhere else and can't play anywhere.

Australian dedicated servers cost much more due to bandwidth costs in AU, which is why there are no/not many servers.

I've also been having this problem. Have been complaining for the last day and a half about it but im still not sure why its happening

Australian dedicated servers cost much more due to bandwidth costs in AU, which is why there are no/not many servers.

There were over a dozen servers, now I can only see 3.

Edit: Hmmm, the servers have started appearing and then disappearing for me.

Edited by andrewbrownster

Yeah I've seen this a bit since the last update. If I refresh in the Arma client I'll get a different list each time. I sometimes have to refresh 3 or 4 times just to find the servers I'm looking for.

Even if I filter just to find the AU or ANZ servers, I need to refresh this a few times just to see them.

it sucks this country. never enough servers, and that ones that are available are always full. if you try to play oversears servers the ping is too high.....FML

Its a bit crappy.

If you type in AU, ANZ or NZ you see different amounts of servers.

NZ showing the most ANZ based servers, AU showing a lot of US as well.

BTW, because it seems like you haven't actually tried a US server before, most of them you can't even notice the lag, like even a little.

Its a bit crappy.

If you type in AU, ANZ or NZ you see different amounts of servers.

NZ showing the most ANZ based servers, AU showing a lot of US as well.

BTW, because it seems like you haven't actually tried a US server before, most of them you can't even notice the lag, like even a little.

Some friends and I were playing on a US server last night, it was pretty impressive how little the lag affected anything, the only thing I really noticed was that using a hatchet was a bit hard to do without being hit (indoors too). In Dayz commander you can filter max ping to 150 or so and you'll only see Aus/NZ and sometimes Singapore servers.

Yeah shooting is the only downfall.

Honestly, as long as you get the jump on people you will still win.

And hatcheting is a bitch.

But its better than waiting 30 mins to get into a server.

Play on US servers, there is no difference in terms of lag but you don't have to spend 15 mins loading like you do on Australian servers.

I literally can't see a single australian server and haven't been able to for 2 days wtf....