Sign in to follow this  
Javh20

Remove Wilderness Spawn

my friend spawned in the wilderness after the no respawn patch hit, hes been out there for days now trying to die.... since rocket decided to take out the only way to fix this problem and fuck over anyone who gets stuck in a glitch or spawn like that at least take the damn spawn out.....

how could he be out there for days trying to die when he'd have starved to death

Yep this really really sucks -.- A friend of me was bleeding and i was too late to bandage him.. he died and spawned in wilderness.. now he cant get out of there..

we think we will quit this game until they stop screwing this up.. -.- before do stuff like (disable respawn) that cause only some people dont like it they should fix bugs.. fucking retards..

Edited by ->A2DZ<-PalOne

1. Spawn in wilderness.

2. Pick a direction and run that way. ANY direction.

3. Find town easily within 10-15 minutes of sprinting.

4. Stand still while zombies eat you.

5. ????

6. Profit.

I like the removal of the spawn button, and it really is easy to die on purpose in this game. I've never had trouble with it.

Yep this really really sucks -.- A friend of me was bleeding and i was too late to bandage him.. he died and spawned in wilderness.. now he cant get out of there..

we think we will quit this game until they stop screwing this up.. -.- before do stuff like (disable respawn) that cause only some people dont like it they should fix bugs.. fucking retards..

A. It's a mod.

B. Do you not understand that this in Alpha testing so they are going to be testing new game mechanics and features that may or may not be to your liking.

C. You'll be back in no-time.

A alpha that lasts for one year? Maybe they are losing sense of the direction to take their development.

@all people who were never in the wilderness( i was there, while respawn was luckiely still active):

its a vast landscape, with no grass or trees, it is not completly flat, but there are no suicide mountains. whatever direction you look, you see nothing. no zombies, no trees, no towns nothing. you might get lucky if you run, but you could also get deeper into it. the wilderness is simply the end of the map, and you are in the middle of it.

i am not sure, if hunger and thirst is calculated correctly, so it could be, that you cant starve, or dehydrate out there.

to everyone bitching about how easy it is to get out of the wilderness: i wish you will land there one time, and i hope you enjoy it. i bet youre back in no-time here and complain about it.

cheers.

Is finding north really that hard?

Even at night I can find north long as the cloud cover isn't too bad.

Christ just walk any direction, long as you don't walk in circles you're bound to end up somewhere eventually.

This is a pretty weak argument against the lack of a respawn button.

Christ just walk any direction, long as you don't walk in circles you're bound to end up somewhere eventually.

if some were complaining about hitting the respawn button withoug purpose, why not simply implement a key-code to reactivate it? for instance, type "respawn": respawn button will be available, same goes for disable. so if youre in the wilderness, you can easiely respawn, but if you have high end gear you can disable it to not touch it.

also, the agrument of touching it is very weak. just dont go into the menu, you dont need it anyways for the gameplay.

If the wilderness spawn cannot be deleted then how about bring back the respawn button... or at least a suicide butoon.

if some were complaining about hitting the respawn button withoug purpose, why not simply implement a key-code to reactivate it? for instance, type "respawn": respawn button will be available, same goes for disable. so if youre in the wilderness, you can easiely respawn, but if you have high end gear you can disable it to not touch it.

also, the agrument of touching it is very weak. just dont go into the menu, you dont need it anyways for the gameplay.

So where to type in this respawn at? the chat box or what?

A alpha that lasts for one year? Maybe they are losing sense of the direction to take their development.

They are making a full game, read around before posting hate. The DayZ SA will be out soon.

I haven't had the luxury of spawning in this "wilderness" you talk of but if it's on the map (that is, not out in the far lands somewhere) then you simply run til you find a road, follow that road to a town and die from zombies or even better yet, learn to survive with your "unlucky" spawn.

If it's where i think it is, in the middle of the map then PLEASE let me spawn there EVERYTIME i die...

1. Spawn in wilderness.

2. Pick a direction and run that way. ANY direction.

3. Find town easily within 10-15 minutes of sprinting.

4. Stand still while zombies eat you.

5. ????

6. Profit.

I like the removal of the spawn button, and it really is easy to die on purpose in this game. I've never had trouble with it.

I haven't had the luxury of spawning in this "wilderness" you talk of but if it's on the map (that is, not out in the far lands somewhere) then you simply run til you find a road, follow that road to a town and die from zombies or even better yet, learn to survive with your "unlucky" spawn.

If it's where i think it is, in the middle of the map then PLEASE let me spawn there EVERYTIME i die...

You guys clearly don't understand, what the OP is talking about is not "wilderness" as in in the middle of a forest in the map. The "wilderness" we are talking about is an area outside of the playable map, with no trees, flat grass. It will say "wilderness" when you respawn there, but it's not an actual "wilderness" inside the map. There is no way to get back into the map from there.

You guys clearly don't understand, what the OP is talking about is not "wilderness" as in in the middle of a forest in the map. The "wilderness" we are talking about is an area outside of the playable map, with no trees, flat grass. It will say "wilderness" when you respawn there, but it's not an actual "wilderness" inside the map. There is no way to get back into the map from there.

I can't take you seriously when you clearly don't know what you are talking about. If you run east from that "wilderness" spawn then eventually you get back to the map.

I am not saying it should happen, it's called the "Debug Forest" where everyone who dies end up until they abort, disconnect and hit OK.

If a character gets stuck there it's because they did something strange after dying or because the server / mod had a very bad day and forgot to not save your characters position out there. Can happen...

But i re-iterate, the debug forest on chernarus is quite a way out west and walking east will land you back on the map. And before you say "ERHMAGHERD Y U NO UNDESTND ENGGLIS I SIAD YOU CAN'T SE LNDMRK OR NETHNG HUE HUE HUE" you can simply ask someone where the sun is on the sky and it will be between east-south east and west-south west depending on the time of day. So pretty much, place the sun on your right side of your body and start walking. Either you die of starvation on the way to the map or you completely miss the map. (because you suck at navigating)

And once more, i am not saying this should be happening but if it does then tough luck, at least you can fix it yourself. Don't act like it's impossible because that just shows you don't know the game.

EDIT: Actually, the chosen name for the debug zone out there is the "debug plains" but either way, it's a debug zone...

If you are "killed" there after you die in DayZ then you can get stuck out there.

For instance, a hacker can teleport out there just to kill people there for fun. Or you could find a way to navigate out there yourself and kill people there.

In either case, it's a bannable offense to kill players in the debug zones.

Edited by X0TCadde
  • Like 1

Doesn't matter if it's a mod or not...if he spawns in the wilderness he is still within the boundaries of the world. If he happens to run across nothing but grassland then he is running into the wrong direction... btw... clouds go from west to east afaik.

Yep, follow the clouds. If you're on Steam, you can set auto-run by hitting shift+tab while running, then not hitting w again after you return to the game. Then you go get a beer, read a book, otherwise amuse yourself and you'll be back in South Zagoria again in no time.