Sign in to follow this  
Jourmand1r

ARMA 2 Real Life Hiking Simulator

So I'm tempted to play some Day Z, but I died last night, and I realize I have a good 45 minutes of running through reused empty houses and copy/pasted barns to get anything decent.

Come on Rocket, there are still cars and bikes in the apocalypse. This is a joke. IDK where you people have been that has 255km of road in it but no means of long range travel, but seriously.

At this point at least 60 percent of the map is empty useless woods and small towns full of useless houses with no interiors.

If you are going to make me run for 20 minutes town to town at least put the barns with the "Glued to the floor in random places" items in them in more places.

IDK how anyone can see this being a stand alone game when 3/4 of the buildings in game are the same unenterable building, and the other 1/4 are the same barn/military building with hatchets and random helicopter parts glued to the floor.

• Like 1

Wah wah wah, the game isn't how I want it to be.

Chernarus is a map of Arma, Rocket didnt make the map...Rocket has however said in the future they would like to modify the map to create more enterable buildings. Did you miss something about this game still being in Alpha?

The standalone version would have many more enterable buildings. The only reason they aren't as of now is because this is a mod for Arma II in which many of the buildings are not enterable.

Edited by Afgoo

Chernarus is a map of Arma, Rocket didnt make the map...Rocket has however said in the future they would like to modify the map to create more enterable buildings. Did you miss something about this game still being in Alpha?

Lol this game isn't in Alpha.

It is a mod that uses mostly textures, models, and features from a game that is completed.

Glad to see you are gullible and willing to believe that Rocket is going to magically make this into a standalone game when he can't get the Arma 2 version to work.

If the map had more enterable buildings, then it should be more easier on us to get things like food and equipment. If you don't like the game, don't play it. Plus the mod is in a zombie "APOCALYPSE," you should find nothing in most buildings anyway. The game is not supposed to be easy, and to tell you the truth, I don't think it is hard enough. You would be complaining even more if we had this mod on Takistan just because it has a lot of enterable buildings, you would be looking even more in one town and barely finding anything just because you are in an apocalypse.

If the map had more enterable buildings, then it should be more easier on us to get things like food and equipment. If you don't like the game, don't play it. Plus the mod is in a zombie "APOCALYPSE," you should find nothing in most buildings anyway. The game is not supposed to be easy, and to tell you the truth, I don't think it is hard enough. You would be complaining even more if we had this mod on Takistan just because it has a lot of enterable buildings, you would be looking even more in one town and barely finding anything just because you are in an apocalypse.

Are you really dumb enough to believe that in the zombie apocalypse all the houses randomly become empty?

BTW in the real world I dont keep all my guns, matches, and food on the floor in my living room.

Also the game isn't hard.

The difficulty comes from how buggy it is, and the retarded sniper that sits above every city with any supplies in it.

It isn't "Hard" to run 20 minutes from town to town.

It is tedious.

Edited by Jourmand1r
  • Like 1

Are you really dumb enough to believe that in the zombie apocalypse all the houses randomly become empty?

BTW in the real world I dont keep all my guns, matches, and food on the floor in my living room.

Also the game isn't hard.

The difficulty comes from how buggy it is, and the retarded sniper that sits above every city with any supplies in it.

It isn't "Hard" to run 20 minutes from town to town.

It is tedious.

Do you think the people that lived in that house before would leave food, guns, clothes trying to escape the infected. Trying to get away trying to survive. Then what about the people who loots houses trying to survive as well.

BTW this is a mod for a completely different game, you can't just change code for a game as easy as you think. This is why Rocket is trying to get this game as a standalone so he has his own code, his own game, not just a mod.

I never said the game isn't hard, I said that its not supposed to be easy. I think it is not hard enough as I said before.

Yes the game is buggy because the mod is not finished. Yes there will be a bandit sniper in ever city to grab other players shit they worked hard for. Its just another obstacle in this mod you have to overcome. I have been on that road by getting killed by bandits every day for about a month from getting the game. You just have to adapt to the game and your enemy snipers

Do you think the people that lived in that house before would leave food, guns, clothes trying to escape the infected. Trying to get away trying to survive. Then what about the people who loots houses trying to survive as well.

BTW this is a mod for a completely different game, you can't just change code for a game as easy as you think. This is why Rocket is trying to get this game as a standalone so he has his own code, his own game, not just a mod.

I never said the game isn't hard, I said that its not supposed to be easy. I think it is not hard enough as I said before.

Yes the game is buggy because the mod is not finished. Yes there will be a bandit sniper in ever city to grab other players shit they worked hard for. Its just another obstacle in this mod you have to overcome. I have been on that road by getting killed by bandits every day for about a month from getting the game. You just have to adapt to the game and your enemy snipers

I actually can't even load in, i just stick on the loading bar now.

And again, all these words you are trying to use to seem hard are wasted on me.

You aren't actually surviving, its a video game. Stop trying to impress people with your ability to play a game a lot.

Your the one complaining about a mod for a game thats not completed. You don't like it, don't play the damn mod.

And I totally meant that I'm surviving a zombie apocalypse in real life, yes I go around with an axe killing some bandits and some survivors taking there beans. Fun times

Thats the fun of the game. That is why the game has such a high replay value. You dont know how your life is going to go and its your job to figure out which places are good to get great items. If you dont have the patience for running, you wont last long.

It is a mod that uses mostly textures, models, and features from a game that is completed.

Glad to see you are gullible and willing to believe that Rocket is going to magically make this into a standalone game when he can't get the Arma 2 version to work.

What do you think a mod is mate?

A mod[ification] is a alteration of the COMPLETED program. Using the original textures, meshes and features available. Ie the game map. made by Bohemia. The mod is only in alpha Dev. The Game has been developed for 3 years.

The standalone may be a year away but its hard to make a alpha game work on a game that is still beta patching itself.

I like this game. Pacing is important, and complacency is a huge part of atmosphere for me. Fast travel would mean you spend most of your time sifting through loot, which turns the scavenging mechanic into a slot machine. Getting into a town full of zombies, going from house to house without getting devoured or spotted by bandits, and then getting back out again without a train of monsters or a bullet in your spleen, that's the core gameplay mechanic of DayZ. The fact that you can run the same road and raid the same supermarket a dozen times, and then on the thirteenth attempt you run into a truckload of clan members looking to top off their tent city's bean supply, makes it all the better. The routine work gives the emergencies somethign to emerge out of.

It's packaged a little clumsily in the hollowed-out skeleton of an older and very different game (which I recommend on its own merits), so there are many glitches and some flaws in the interface that I don't like.

It's a fresh experience for me, a delicious multiplayer roguelike with decent graphics and a terrific potential for cooperative storytelling, and I have been unable to get enough of it this month. The most boring lives I've lived in DayZ have been the most conservative, where I either went out into the woods and live on pond water and boar meat or tried out the server-hopping loot hoarding griefer lifestyle, scooping up piles of top-tier equipment and then trying to rack up a high score of murders while unscrupulously using game exploits to protect my own life and assets.

The good games are ones where I treat it as a roleplaying experience, trying to befriend survivors rather than shooting them and setting myself a quest like, "Get back to my house in Zelenogorsk and see if my car is still there." When I get to Zeleno, I say, "Rats, no car," and I try to get to the Vybor school. You need a plan that's not just, "Run to the barracks and practice logging in and out until you have a .50cal rifle." Obviously, everything's better with a couple buddies, be they real-life friends or total strangers encountered in-game.

Edited by Beez
  • Like 1

Well, the problem with mods is the dev can't modify the core game itself to twist it the way he needs it for mod needs. He can't change the game engine the way he needs it or it will affect the core game. Sometimes it is possible to change some of core mechanics in the code of mo, but it requires considerably more work then changing the core game itself. That is why going standalone gives more possibilities to the developer.

...If you are going to make me run for 20 minutes town to town at least put the barns with the "Glued to the floor in random places" items in them in more places...

"make"?

No one's making you play the mod. Don't like it? Wait until it's stand alone and see what you're missing out on! :D

1. Those of you trying so hard to seem cool because you play a hard game are lame.

2. There will not be a stand alone game for day z next year. It takes most big budget studios 2 years to make a decent game. Rocket can't even get the servers to actually save our items. You really think this games small team of part time after work developers is going to make an entire game in 1 year just because their Arma 2 mod is trending on Reddit?

Its this kind of douchy elitism that ruins every game that gets popular.

Yet another clueless little kid that is to lazy to at least pay attention to wat is going on in this game. IT IS IN A.L.P.H.A ALPHA u see I even spelled it out for u it is not at even close to full completion yet.

DayZ is about adventure. It wouldn't be an adventure if it were easy or if you knew what was going to happen or where everything is.

You say it's tedious running around the map. I say you're not immersing yourself enough. You could be being followed. You could be being watched. You could be shot at any time. You could run into an enemy survivor on the other side of that tree. You might come up upon a deer stand you didn't expect and have zombies start chasing you. You might spot a survivor 500 meters away before he spots you, then pursue him and ambush him. You might see an animal you can hunt for meat.

Use your imagination! Don't do the same thing every time. Don't go the same places every time. Keep your eyes peeled, and take advantage of unexpected opportunities.

• Like 2

DayZ is about adventure. It wouldn't be an adventure if it were easy or if you knew what was going to happen or where everything is.

You say it's tedious running around the map. I say you're not immersing yourself enough. You could be being followed. You could be being watched. You could be shot at any time. You could run into an enemy survivor on the other side of that tree. You might come up upon a deer stand you didn't expect and have zombies start chasing you. You might spot a survivor 500 meters away before he spots you, then pursue him and ambush him. You might see an animal you can hunt for meat.

Use your imagination! Don't do the same thing every time. Don't go the same places every time. Keep your eyes peeled, and take advantage of unexpected opportunities.

If I'm not in Cherno or Electro no one is following me.

I am also aware that there is a map, so i'm not surprised by what i find.

Yet another clueless little kid that is to lazy to at least pay attention to wat is going on in this game. IT IS IN A.L.P.H.A ALPHA u see I even spelled it out for u it is not at even close to full completion yet.

Are you aware of what Alpha means?