JDogg1329

How much will Dayz cost if/when it becomes a standalone title??

I couldn't really find any information on plans for pricing, I paid $30 to get Arma2 just to play Dayz, I haven't played a minute of Arma2, the game doesn't really appeal to me much but Dayz does, I don't think I'm necessarily entitled to a discount or anything, but I'm just curious how much the game is going to be? $10? $15? Somewhere in between? In all honesty I'd probably pay up to $20, I think there is a lot of fun to be had and hours to be paid. So yeah does anyone know how much it's going to cost? If not how much would you be willing to pay for Dayz?

do you seriously expect us to know this?

actually it'll cost $200 with a $50 monthly fee. patches will go for $20 each, alt+f4 token keys will go for $5 each, and refueling your car/heli will cost $4/gal.

• Like 2

The game is basically going to be a mod to Arma 3's new RV4 engine - he said it'll be about $29.99 standalone (USD, ofc).

Edited by govnogaming
  • Like 1

actually it'll cost $200 with a $50 monthly fee. patches will go for $20 each, alt+f4 token keys will go for $5 each, and refueling your car/heli will cost $4/gal.

Well the 2 other helpful replies knew.

The game is basically going to be a mod to Arma 3's new RV4 engine - he said it'll be about $29.99 standalone (USD, ofc).

Meh, I'll be $60 in but that's cheaper than 1 new game here (Australia). Thanks for the reply, has my beans.

• Like 1

Well the 2 other helpful replies knew.

Meh, I'll be $60 in but that's cheaper than 1 new game here (Australia). Thanks for the reply, has my beans.

With how good the game is now(and its only in alpha, and a mod), and how good it would be as a standalone, I would pay 60 for it no problem. I have enjoyed DayZ more than most triple A titles released now.

And thank you for the beans. I have given some of my own in return. :P

• Like 1

With how good the game is now(and its only in alpha, and a mod), and how good it would be as a standalone, I would pay 60 for it no problem. I have enjoyed DayZ more than most triple A titles released now.

And thank you for the beans. I have given some of my own in return. :P

I would happily pay $60, I've had way more fun playing Dayz then whatever the last CoD game I played (Which costs $100 on release), and I haven't even found a gun yet!. The game is definitely awesome, the community is awesome, and the developer(s?) seem to be awesome too. And enjoy the beans lol, it was a helpful post.

I would happily pay $60, I've had way more fun playing Dayz then whatever the last CoD game I played (Which costs $100 on release), and I haven't even found a gun yet!. The game is definitely awesome, the community is awesome, and the developer(s?) seem to be awesome too. And enjoy the beans lol, it was a helpful post.

If this game becomes a standalone title with no publisher and Rocket claiming he is non profit i'll buy it for you

• Like 1

Definitely worth $60 - I'm waiting to see what Rocket does knowing that members of this community (like myself) have paid for Arma 2 just to play his mod.. I'm really hoping that people who registered on the forums before a set date (maybe like September of this year or so) and have gone through a lot of the Alpha and Beta testing get a discount or free copy. :)

Free, but every file will be dlc content which will cost about $20 per file.

Free, but every file will be dlc content which will cost about $20 per file.

Rocket seems like a cool dude, I doubt that would be the case.

If this game becomes a standalone title with no publisher and Rocket claiming he is non profit i'll buy it for you

I'll hold you to that :P.

Definitely worth $60 - I'm waiting to see what Rocket does knowing that members of this community (like myself) have paid for Arma 2 just to play his mod.. I'm really hoping that people who registered on the forums before a set date (maybe like September of this year or so) and have gone through a lot of the Alpha and Beta testing get a discount or free copy. :)

I guess in a way we have all helped make the mod what it is today, without the community the mod wouldn't exist because there'd be no point in continuing with it, I'm hoping for a set price and not a monthly cost, I'm also hoping for a discount for being early adopters and sticking with this mod through all the glitches and bugs,

Damn, 30 bucks, well I was hoping he WOULD go with the MC way and charge like, $15 for the alpha, but whatever, I don't exactly have money to burn, but it will be worth it.

Naturally if it's going to be US$30, it will mean $90 Australian, $110 NZ.

However seeing as Rocket is a NZ native, I'm hoping he will make an effort to see this pricing remain even in oceanic regions.

That said, he stated long ago that he is not a fan of F2P (free-to-play), and I expect that the easiest way to remove long load times, hive issues and so on would be to create MMO servers much like World of Warcraft. This removes the hacker issue or at the very least limits it greatly, protects loot tables, reduces load times and increases the number players per server. As a standalone game it may even mean a larger custom map or, dare I say, a real-life Earth map spawning us in our country of origin. That latter part is highly unlikely due to the amount of detail necessary.

Any part of that would be a low entry retail box ($30), but ongoing monthly P2P (pay-to-play) fees. Makes sense to me IMO.

The game is basically going to be a mod to Arma 3's new RV4 engine.

This is wrong wrong wrong. It is a game built from a combination of features from the ARMA 2 and Take On Helicopters engines.

Your quoted price is probably pretty close though. If I was a betting man, I'd bet on 25$, but it could be anywhere from 15$ to 30$

Edit: No monthly fee.

Edited by Erizid

I almost had a bowel movement beans for you

Lets be serious here, if you look in the DayZ wiki it says with the standalone it would work like minecraft, charging cheaply for the alpha to pay for the finished product. We WOULD all pay $60 put it would probably be about $20. I would have thought it would be better to just make it a payed add-on available on steam.

If yo from the UK it will cost £15

Edited by BwobBwub

In my opinion the best way to make dayz popular and still earn earn money would be to price it at 20$ at the release, this would be the beta price. Once the game is complete raise the price to 40$. Do it exactly like the mincaft approach. This way people will not complain because it is in beta, and more people would like to help test even thought there will be bugs because they get it at a good price.

At the moment,as much as I love dayz I dont think it is anywhere near 60$, because of the vast amount of things that need fixing and bug to be solved.

This is wrong wrong wrong. It is a game built from a combination of features from the ARMA 2 and Take On Helicopters engines.

Your quoted price is probably pretty close though. If I was a betting man, I'd bet on 25$, but it could be anywhere from 15$ to 30$

Edit: No monthly fee.

Did you see the date he posted that? Back then the info you posted wasn't available yet so people assumed it would be the most recent engine from the company.

He said that 30 $ would be the final price but at release it will be around 15-20 $