Sign in to follow this  
Ssgt_Perez

Questions regarding the ATV (May apply to other vehicles)

I've been playing for about a month and a half now but only just recently acquired a vehicle. I had a choice between a Truck, a blue van or an ATV. Most of my friends have quit playing or barely play at all so I decided on an ATV.

After using it to run a few errands and then hiding it in a well placed spot I have a few questions.

1. Sometimes when I start up my ATV or stop then start moving, my vehicle struggles to even get moving. It just slowly crawls for about 5-15 seconds then actually gets moving. Everything on the ATV is green including fuel. All the tires are also there but it still has problems.

2. When I was hiding my vehicle between some pine trees I was hearing this horrible crunching sound, it would stop soon after but starts up again for a few seconds whenever I get back in my vehicle. Is this just the ATV clipping with the tree or is it going to actually damage it if it happens enough?

3. After parking my vehicle and running around a bit to see how visible it was I noticed that whenever I put my actually looked at it a distance indicator would show up saying ATV (25m) or whatever. I am pretty sure the server I play on doesn't have name tags but not 100% sure, but would this even show up on a name tag server?

I've been playing for about a month and a half now but only just recently acquired a vehicle. I had a choice between a Truck, a blue van or an ATV. Most of my friends have quit playing or barely play at all so I decided on an ATV.

After using it to run a few errands and then hiding it in a well placed spot I have a few questions.

1. Sometimes when I start up my ATV or stop then start moving, my vehicle struggles to even get moving. It just slowly crawls for about 5-15 seconds then actually gets moving. Everything on the ATV is green including fuel. All the tires are also there but it still has problems.

2. When I was hiding my vehicle between some pine trees I was hearing this horrible crunching sound, it would stop soon after but starts up again for a few seconds whenever I get back in my vehicle. Is this just the ATV clipping with the tree or is it going to actually damage it if it happens enough?

3. After parking my vehicle and running around a bit to see how visible it was I noticed that whenever I put my actually looked at it a distance indicator would show up saying ATV (25m) or whatever. I am pretty sure the server I play on doesn't have name tags but not 100% sure, but would this even show up on a name tag server?

1.) Just a bug that happens normally i just backup and turn which then fixes it.

2.) Your ATV is fine it doesn't (from my experience) damage the vehicle and it will stop crunching in few seconds.

3.) The server has nametags and this wouldn't show up on a server without nametags.

Edited by Netsky3041

1.) Just a bug that happens normally i just backup and turn which then fixes it.

2.) Your ATV is fine it doesn't (from my experience) damage the vehicle and it will stop crunching in few seconds.

3.) The server has nametags and this wouldn't show up on a server without nametags.

I'm going to help fix your answers for 1 and 3.

1. It's the terrain... make sure you're not trying to turn AND go forward at the same time, that will bog it down.

and

3. Even if the server doesn't have name tags, sometimes those vehicles will show up on the map.

In fact, that's how I found that same ATV this afternoon. It would have been better had you parked it AWAY from the Ural and hippie bus. But we saw it. And took it back.

That's what you get for moving our trucks, lol.

Enjoy Seattle 257.

• Like 1

yeah we have 3 atv's the crunching is normal.. just don't jump your atv off any small jumps trust me.. lol, Me and a friend went off a small dip basically last night and it kinda hit an incline so it jumped and we flipped, I was riding on back and my buddy was driving it tossed him off bleeding with broken legs but then the thing friggin blew up and killed me. So we're looking for a UAZ or something now that is less dangerous and stupid.. Atv's aren't worth the trouble they get tipped on their sides far too easy.

AVOID BRIDGES AT ALL COST. If you think it is a bridge it probably is and do not try to cross it. Your atv will flip out and flip over. It acts like its trying to ride the terrain underneath it or some crap.

• Like 1

yeah we have 3 atv's the crunching is normal.. just don't jump your atv off any small jumps trust me.. lol, Me and a friend went off a small dip basically last night and it kinda hit an incline so it jumped and we flipped, I was riding on back and my buddy was driving it tossed him off bleeding with broken legs but then the thing friggin blew up and killed me. So we're looking for a UAZ or something now that is less dangerous and stupid.. Atv's aren't worth the trouble they get tipped on their sides far too easy.

AVOID BRIDGES AT ALL COST. If you think it is a bridge it probably is and do not try to cross it. Your atv will flip out and flip over. It acts like its trying to ride the terrain underneath it or some crap.

I was seriously considering taking a truck instead of the ATV but I usually play alone so the storage of the ATV isn't a problem, its also much smaller and easier to hide. Trying to place that big white truck where no one would see it just seemed frustrating to me.

I've also seen plenty of lets play videos of vehicles that ended in fiery death so I usually take it a bit slower when approaching rough terrain or road obstacles.

the UAZ is smaller than that big offroad white truck.. I just recently got a bicycle so im gonna scout for a UAZ to steal lol. It's a small camo'd jeep basically. VERY fast offroad and on.