Sign in to follow this  
munsterthunder@gmail.com

SVD Camo or AS50/M107?

I think you're confused. M107 and AS50 are very similar guns. Both one hit kills, 50. caliber and anti-material.

"A hidden semi-automatic sniper rifle" - You probably mean the SVD Camo.

Between AS50 or SVD, I'd take the SVD. It's great for good marksmen who like to crawl in the grass, and its scope rangefinder is a dream.

I think you're confused. M107 and AS50 are very similar guns. Both one hit kills, 50. caliber and anti-material.

"A hidden semi-automatic sniper rifle" - You probably mean the SVD Camo.

Between AS50 or SVD, I'd take the SVD. It's great for good marksmen who like to crawl in the grass, and its scope rangefinder is a dream.

Thats what I mean by the /. They're both basically the same thing so either fits.

And yea I mean the SVD

I took M107 over SVD Camo. My group found a camp with about 5 SVDs and I passed on it because I do not like the chevrons. The people that did take the SVD in my group are reporting that they aren't dieing after 1 shot. Either they miss or leg shot them.

Playing around in the shooting range, the SVD loses it's accuracy around 800m. I wouldn't be able to get the approx 1,000m killshot I took yesterday with the SVD.

I took M107 over SVD Camo. My group found a camp with about 5 SVDs and I passed on it because I do not like the chevrons. The people that did take the SVD in my group are reporting that they aren't dieing after 1 shot. Either they miss or leg shot them.

Playing around in the shooting range, the SVD loses it's accuracy around 800m. I wouldn't be able to get the approx 1,000m killshot I took yesterday with the SVD.

That's true.

But, with the SVD coupled with a Wookie suit, you could get danger close to someone and not get spotted. 400M and you'd be gettin' headshots all day and all night, and no one could see you, especially if you went at night.

That's true.

But, with the SVD coupled with a Wookie suit, you could get danger close to someone and not get spotted. 400M and you'd be gettin' headshots all day and all night, and no one could see you, especially if you went at night.

umm... svd at night? i thought only the dmr was nvg compatible

That's true.

SVD is sadly not NVG compatible, I've tried.

On topic, I'd probably pick the svd if I had a ghilliesuit; if not, I'd take the AS50.

I'd take the M107 any day.

Why?

Because I've had years of practice with it, both with zombies and in Coop situations. It also has the ability to shoot through enemies and hit enemies behind it, which is great for zombie situations of course. :D

I had to decide this earlier today as I stumbled upon a m107 in a barracks. I have a ghillie suit I play lone wolf style and I had the SVD with camo. I couldn't decide which one to take, on one hand I could of taken the m107 and one shot anything no matter where I shoot or on the other I could stick with my SVD and stay hidden in the bush. Inthe en d I ended up dropping a few things in my pack and took both...I still don't know if I want to hold onto both or which one i'll pick in the end. But there are alot worse problems to have than to just decide what sniper I want to carry around :D

do you want efficiency, a high kill count, be able to kill anything? as50

are you a hipster nerd who likes to be inefficient so you can claim that your 20% kill rate with a shit gun makes you good? every other sniper in the game

SVD. Go prone in a bush somewhere in Cherno or Elektro and you'll quickly see why. If you're being shot at, you can reposition easily unlike the AS50 where the milldots are poop.

The DMR is my favorite sniper out of all of them because of the high rate of fire, large mag, night vision compatibility, and the fact that you can zoom in multiple levels with the scope, unlike the SVD.

But if picking between a 50 cal and SVD... I think it would really depend on how much ammo was there. If the ammo situation was even I may go for a 50 cal just because of how much more powerful it is plus the bonus of the zoom on the scope.

That being said, the SVD is also a good choice due to the built in rangefinder and ability to aim quickly without having to cycle through zeroing. Though I personally don't like the chevrons used in that particular scope. I'd much rather have dots.

Overall it depends on what distances you expect to be shooting. Long ranges, 50 cal is far superior. Short distances and the speed of using the SVD *might* make it the better choice.

Edited by Professional N00b

As awesome as the SVD is, it is far out classed by the 50cals.

Duping aside, .50cals are far to common compared to the 7.62 rifles.

If I go hunting for an M24 or SVD, it's near impossible to find yet if I search a newly restarted server for crashed helicopters I'm almost always going to find 2-3 .50cals

I'd take the M107 any day.

Why?

Because I've had years of practice with it, both with zombies and in Coop situations. It also has the ability to shoot through enemies and hit enemies behind it, which is great for zombie situations of course. :D

Nopes, I am afraid you are wrong Sir. Proof =