beans

Scripters, Hackers, have more control than me, an admin.

1.) Arma II has always been hacked this bad... its the nature of the program if you play it you will have to deal wtih the hacking.

2.) People who dont play by the rules always have the power, this is usually true in reality as well as Arma.

3.) Admins dont repond to your whine threads because most of your complaints are worded so poorly.

4.) Wah.

1.) Arma II has always been hacked this bad... its the nature of the program if you play it you will have to deal wtih the hacking.

2.) People who dont play by the rules always have the power, this is usually true in reality as well as Arma.

3.) Admins dont repond to your whine threads because most of your complaints are worded so poorly.

4.) Wah.

:rolleyes: Go troll another thread.

There's a real easy solution to all this and i suggested this before why not make it so the admins and moderators can usespectate or rather have a player cam to monitor what the players are doing and literally see who is hacking when and where and 2nd you can use a tracking system ingame to see if anyone is covering unfathomable distances in a short time to look for teleport hacks i made a thread on this and recieved little to no support from the community.

/Now/ i have a hacker on my server that i can't ban. He comes back over, and over.

It sure is going to be a tough decision server renew time.

qy7PK.gif

Edited by Beans

It doesn't matter. His ID changes every time.

Edit: Ip Banned.

Edited by Beans

To the DayZ developers turn the f!@#k back on "Player A was killed by Player B"

this is essential for catching hackers and its already a standard feature in the ArmA engine

having this turned off is the most obvious, stupid thing ever done.

it does not ruin so called "immersion" it just helps hackers stay anonymous!

• Like 1

To the DayZ developers turn the f!@#k back on "Player A was killed by Player B"

this is essential for catching hackers and its already a standard feature in the ArmA engine

having this turned off is the most obvious, stupid thing ever done.

it does not ruin so called "immersion" it just helps hackers stay anonymous!

It's also essencial for making "hit lists" of baddies that ruin your fun. So no... really, no. Hackers must not be dealt with through ingame mechanics, just give the BattleEye guys time to react.

Hmmm... a few "Baddies" vs a few Hackers controlling server.

Which one would i rather have? Tough choice.

• Like 2

hit lists are what your concerned about? are you for real? good luck trying to find someone in over a thousand servers and then running around a 200km square island to find people on a hit list.

your response is actually something a hacker would say, wake up to yourself.

It's also essencial for making "hit lists" of baddies that ruin your fun. So no... really, no. Hackers must not be dealt with through ingame mechanics, just give the BattleEye guys time to react.

• Like 2

Again, dealing with hackers is the job of the anti cheat, it's not the job of the game mechanics. I know how frustrating it can get, but I see people left and right doing the most stupid shit in this game, all in the name of protecting themselve/their server from hackers.

Hell, we even have idiots who ask what client scripts they can use to protect themselve. So basically, to protect yourself from hackers you are ready to hack too? Seriously?

I'm tired of this mentality that as long as there is an urgent threat, we should break our own rules to deal with it instead of going at it the proper way.

Frankly IF i was on the dayZ team, my first suggestion would be to make a server hosting package that function as an encrypted "black box". You have one config file for the things you are allowed to customize and that's it, you just run it. You get no administrator access or any form of Rcon. Because in the case of DayZ that's essencially what your rights as an admin are, you accept to help the project, that doesn't mean you have any power on said project. You agreed to lend processing power for dayZ, but the dayZ server you are running isn't your property, it is licensed to you for as long as you follow the rules.

I know a few "good" server admins, and sadly they are few and far between, they understand the rules and get their server visited by hackers often. They deal with it very professionally, try to gather decent proofs and then send it to the team. They understand what their role is in this project and accept it.

Edited by Lady Kyrah

The focus is wrong though, i want the game to be as immersible and realistic as possible, with no advantage just as much as anyone here. I'd love to not even have a admin panel.

HOWEVER - Dealing with cheaters should be #1 Priority. Look at the '20 New Threads' being started on right side the main page, look at how many consist of hacking.... It's way out of control. IF ONLY TEMPORALLY - ADMINS NEED CONTROL - OR THE GAME WILL DIE.

I don't know how many times i need to put it. I want this shit to succeed.

• Like 3

And this is where we go wrong, toooo much bla bla bla and not enough action.

the simple fact of the matter is that if "Player A was killed by PLayer B" is turned on (standard game engine function already) has been for 11 years

the hacker would be easily identifiable and banned and problem sorted, simple as that.

If you have an immature 12 year old admin who would ban you just for killing him on his own server then he would have no players left on his server and it would be to his

detriment and people would go to other servers anyway, so he would be paying 100 bucks a month for an empty server, so this part isnt even a factor.

enough discussion, just turn it the f!@#$k back on! Battleye has had months to sort this out. anti-cheat engines are never reliable, only strict admins are the only way to maintain a peacefull server. i know this because i own many. cheers.

Again, dealing with hackers is the job of the anti cheat, it's not the job of the game mechanics. I know how frustrating it can get, but I see people left and right doing the most stupid shit in this game, all in the name of protecting themselve/their server from hackers.

Hell, we even have idiots who ask what client scripts they can use to protect themselve. So basically, to protect yourself from hackers you are ready to hack too? Seriously?

I'm tired of this mentality that as long as there is an urgent threat, we should break our own rules to deal with it instead of going at it the proper way.

Frankly IF i was on the dayZ team, my first suggestion would be to make a server hosting package that function as an encrypted "black box". You have one config file for the things you are allowed to customize and that's it, you just run it. You get no administrator access or any form of Rcon. Because in the case of DayZ that's essencially what your rights as an admin are, you accept to help the project, that doesn't mean you have any power on said project. You agreed to lend processing power for dayZ, but the dayZ server you are running isn't your property, it is licensed to you for as long as you follow the rules.

I know a few "good" server admins, and sadly they are few and far between, they understand the rules and get their server visited by hackers often. They deal with it very professionally, try to gather decent proofs and then send it to the team. They understand what their role is in this project and accept it.

• Like 2

HOWEVER - Dealing with cheaters should be #1 Priority. Look at the '20 New Threads' being started on right side the main page, look at how many consist of hacking.... It's way out of control. IF ONLY TEMPORALLY - ADMINS NEED CONTROL - OR THE GAME WILL DIE.

I don't know how many times this needs to be repeated, but DayZ staff cannot do anything about the hackers... Saying something needs to be done to your Plummer while your electricity is out isn't going to get anything done...

I don't know how many times this needs to be repeated, but DayZ staff cannot do anything about the hackers... Saying something needs to be done to your Plummer while your electricity is out isn't going to get anything done...

He's asking for DayZ Devs to give Admins control over their own servers. That's what he's saying. The current system sucks. You can't look back through logs to catch hackers and name tags are normally off so you can't catch the guy doing it even with video evidence. I've seen numerous topics on this and have been killed by numerous hackers. It's out of control. Go on any popular game forum and you never see this many complaints and those games have much larger communities then DayZ.

• Like 4

He's asking for DayZ Devs to give Admins control over their own servers. That's what he's saying. The current system sucks. You can't look back through logs to catch hackers and name tags are normally off so you can't catch the guy doing it even with video evidence. I've seen numerous topics on this and have been killed by numerous hackers. It's out of control. Go on any popular game forum and you never see this many complaints and those games have much larger communities then DayZ.

You can't relate DayZ to other games because other games do not have a HIVE system where anything you do on one server is carried over to another.

For example, If you give admins more control, they can ban whoever they want, whenever they want. Even if its assumed to be a hacker or not. "Omg they killed me they must be hacking." Not to mention Clans and other individuals can have conflicts of interest.

So, if I run three servers, and I have more power on my server, by your logic if I am allowed more control I should do what I want with my server. Thing is, things done on my server can be carried over to other servers. So whats stopping me from farming loot, kicking people who join for whatever reason then going to someone elses server and causing a problem.

Do you not see how that can get abused very, very quickly and easily? Very few admins would act on key with DayZ's ideals, while many others would do whatever else they wanted to give themselves and edge.

If you want more power, its not going to happen with how the HIVE is setup. Just not possible without breaking the game more-so then it already is. you can claim all you want "I wouldn't do that." Well, you might not. But that doesn't mean the other thousands of other server admins WOULDN'T.

• Like 1

I just don't see that. if someone wants to play alone in peace without dying to outside players, you can Tunggle a server very easily. Avoid the HIVE all together...

The rules can still apply. Just. Need. Too. Control. Hackers. Until. Battleye. Does.

Edited by Beans

Yep, a guy just destroyed my camp with 7 vehicles in it with a satchel charge, but Im lucky that I was the server admin and restarted and got the bastard banned, but yes, Its really out of control, 40% of DayZ players are cheaters, is almost becoming worse than Counter-Strike!!!

Erm? That just sounds like you are the one who are cheating, how is destroying your camp not a legit way to play the game?

• Like 1

And you get admins being banned for spawning stuff in their server, when hackers can do it and get away scot free.

If someone wants to screw around and spawn stuff like helicopters and jets in their servers, they should be free to do so. Obviously people would want to start messing around in DayZ once they get bored of the usual repetition.

Edited by dra6o0n

Hackers must not be dealt with through ingame mechanics,

Must not? Why?

Do you even play this game? Have you not seen the cheat reporting forum here? It's ridiculous how many threads there are there. Our own server has hackers on it multiple times a day, often employing hacks that kill everyone and ruin the game for everyone.

There's also something I don't understand, too. You keep saying that we need proof to submit to the devs for their consideration. Ok. What proof? How can I find that proof? It's not in the logs (any hacker worth his salt uses a BattleEye bypass), and it's not anywhere else. I'm not going to keep Fraps running the entire time I play, since that wouldn't really capture anything other than my magically being teleported into the air and dying. What, exactly, am I supposed to get?

For example, If you give admins more control, they can ban whoever they want, whenever they want. Even if its assumed to be a hacker or not. "Omg they killed me they must be hacking." Not to mention Clans and other individuals can have conflicts of interest.

So, if I run three servers, and I have more power on my server, by your logic if I am allowed more control I should do what I want with my server. Thing is, things done on my server can be carried over to other servers. So whats stopping me from farming loot, kicking people who join for whatever reason then going to someone elses server and causing a problem.

Can't that be done now? Ghosting is always a problem, as is duping.

In any case, for some reason, there seems to be a fundamental lack of trust of server admins at work here. I'm not sure why, since that's never been a problem with any other game that I've been involved with. No other game developer has told me who I can and can't kick/ban. I'd honestly like to know why the devs don't trust us to police our own territory. I realize that there are some petulant folks out there who will kick/ban for any perceived slight, but frankly, I'd rather risk that than allow the game to be completely overrun by hackers as it is now.

Very few admins would act on key with DayZ's ideals, while many others would do whatever else they wanted to give themselves and edge.

Why do you think this?

Ok... then why are they preventing ME from doing anything about the hackers? Why are the DayZ staff asking me to submit proof of hacking (which I can't do) to them when they can't do anything?

• Like 1

Ok... then why are they preventing ME from doing anything about the hackers? Why are the DayZ staff asking me to submit proof of hacking (which I can't do) to them when they can't do anything?

Why do we require proof in court before we send someone to jail? To make sure we do not punish innocent people (which happens anyway btw). I'm not a server admin for a dayz server so I don't know what the logs look like, I can understand the frustration if they are as bad as you say they are. But THAT in it self is the problem, not that you cannot ban people without proof because in the end that would lead to as much abuse as the hackers are causing atm.

From my experience from other games server admins (not all) tend to abuse their powers by kicking/banning legit players by claiming they are cheating or not playing by the rules they think should be played by. That if anything would RUIN this game, think of all idiots posting about pve servers etc if they actually started banning people for killing each other just because that isn't the way they want to play? Giving admins more power is a double edged sword on one hand we will get more hackers banned sure, but we will also see loads of admins abusing the admin rights, frankly that is not even slightly better.

So what your saying it you would rather have hackers than a chance of abusive admins?