beans

Scripters, Hackers, have more control than me, an admin.

Oh it is. I have never seen so many cheaters in ANY game at one time like this. It's EVERY single server, multiple hackers per server.

They control the game now, DayZ's death-clock is ticking. I'll give it to September. :(

Also, How do i enable this?

http://forums.bistud...g-kill-messages

Pretty sure this requires editing the mission file... Which can get a server blacklisted. Another roadblock.

https://community.bi...addEventHandler

I would post a thread asking Rocket to add a server file for Kills. Infact, this might have to do with Arma2. It allows us to enable it, but its clearly not preenabled for DayZ, Crossing into DayZ territory for their mission file. Which we cannot touch. Like people who reenable sidechat are not supposed to do that and they can get blacklisted.

There might an underlying problem I am not aware of. Like Zombies being counted as units and death logs of zombies might become stressful on the server clients. I don't know Rockets reasoning for disabling kill messages or the reason why they are currently not enabled.

Edited by U.B.C.S. Ravin
  • Like 1

So my group is about 8-10 people strong, we've got all of the equipment in the game including rocket launchers, SVD camos,GPS range finders etc. We're fucking packed.

My character was about 15 days old, only 2 murders and almost 500 zombie kills.

Had some pretty intense missions to the airfield and a lot of close calls, it's been great.

Today we got a chopper, fixed it all up and had a great time doing it!

Did a mission to Cherno just after spending 30minutes fully refuelling the thing and my friend drops 2 of us of, he then proceeds to fly around just watching over and for some reason decides he needs to stop but does so far to harshly and crashes the thing in the middle of Cherno which in turn kills him and 2 teammates.

The other guy I was with and I decided to head back north to get a vehicle and pick these guys up. They decide they want to romp around cherno for a while so my friend and I log out.

After an hour or so, I decide to log back on and run northwards to our base and get a vehicle to do some people picking up.

After a 30 minute run to base, I'm there. I go to grab some ammo pew-pew-pew-pew-pew-pew-pew-pew-pew-pew-pew-pew-pew-pew-pew-pew-pew

Some mother fucking hacker has spawned right next to me, possibly invisible, and fires at least 15 shots to kill me at pointblank range.

Mother fucker... I lost my SVD camo,M4A1 SD,Range Finder,NVGs, GPS etc... Fucking ridiculous.

My friends that are down on the coast then tell me they've been teleported to our fucking base along with the rest of the fucking server.

Sweet, there goes all our gear and vehicles.

Just talked to the server admin about it, he can't do anything about it because the logs are so fucking shit.

Fuck this shit man, fuck this.

So my group is about 8-10 people strong, we've got all of the equipment in the game including rocket launchers, SVD camos,GPS range finders etc. We're fucking packed.

My character was about 15 days old, only 2 murders and almost 500 zombie kills.

Had some pretty intense missions to the airfield and a lot of close calls, it's been great.

Today we got a chopper, fixed it all up and had a great time doing it!

Did a mission to Cherno just after spending 30minutes fully refuelling the thing and my friend drops 2 of us of, he then proceeds to fly around just watching over and for some reason decides he needs to stop but does so far to harshly and crashes the thing in the middle of Cherno which in turn kills him and 2 teammates.

The other guy I was with and I decided to head back north to get a vehicle and pick these guys up. They decide they want to romp around cherno for a while so my friend and I log out.

After an hour or so, I decide to log back on and run northwards to our base and get a vehicle to do some people picking up.

After a 30 minute run to base, I'm there. I go to grab some ammo pew-pew-pew-pew-pew-pew-pew-pew-pew-pew-pew-pew-pew-pew-pew-pew-pew

Some mother fucking hacker has spawned right next to me, possibly invisible, and fires at least 15 shots to kill me at pointblank range.

Mother fucker... I lost my SVD camo,M4A1 SD,Range Finder,NVGs, GPS etc... Fucking ridiculous.

My friends that are down on the coast then tell me they've been teleported to our fucking base along with the rest of the fucking server.

Sweet, there goes all our gear and vehicles.

Just talked to the server admin about it, he can't do anything about it because the logs are so fucking shit.

Fuck this shit man, fuck this.

I'm gonna play devil's advocate.

How do you KNOW a hacker spawned behind you. All i see right now is the tale of someone pretty butthurt.

Usually instead of criticising peoples that work in a field i know nothing about, i shut the hell up.

You do know nothing about me.

You do know nothing about me.

I know enough to figure that you don't know anything about game development or we wouldn't be having this discussion.

Edited by Lady Kyrah
  • Like 2

I know enough to figure that you don't know anything about game development or we wouldn't be having this discussion.

That's not a discussion. Again, you know nothing about me.

Pretty sure this requires editing the mission file... Which can get a server blacklisted. Another roadblock.

https://community.bi...addEventHandler

I would post a thread asking Rocket to add a server file for Kills. Infact, this might have to do with Arma2. It allows us to enable it, but its clearly not preenabled for DayZ, Crossing into DayZ territory for their mission file. Which we cannot touch. Like people who reenable sidechat are not supposed to do that and they can get blacklisted.

There might an underlying problem I am not aware of. Like Zombies being counted as units and death logs of zombies might become stressful on the server clients. I don't know Rockets reasoning for disabling kill messages or the reason why they are currently not enabled.

Got a suggestion where to start it? Seems most of these threads go unread by Moderation/Rocket... ;)

Maybe i'll report my own thread LOL

Edited by Beans
  • Like 1

Exactly, servers need a "killed by" option or at least "Killed by" in the logs. Servers that don't run name plates are prime targets for hackers, they can port everyone around and kill them and no one will know who it is because there are no name plates and nothing in the log!

Name plates are fucking noob. You can scan woods from 400m away and see names come up. Fucking hell it is retarded.

• Like 1

I'm sure the problem is dire Folic, but I'm not sure you are being fair when you say that this could affect the standalone version as well. If it runs on a different engine, all the Arma2 cheats that hackers use in DayZ should be become useless...

Of course, nothing prevents them from conjuring up new ways to cheat, but still...

Either way people and players are very unforgiving. If the cheaters destroy the player base before the standalone it could very well be a contributing factor to how it succeeds. Further more there is also the War Z on the horizon which could end up taking players away. They are boasting the same features as DayZ on their own engine which could eliminate the hacking problems and push the game ahead of DayZ.

Edited by jackcrow

Rocket can't do crap about it. People at BI and Battle Eye are the only ones working on it and can work on it. This is a mod, the problem is in the engine itself.

The hacking is indeed getting out of hand and people are purposely trying to ruin the mod. Every time I go to Cherno for some PvP a hacker that I kill gets pissed and teleports me to his location to unload a rifle clip in my torso. Only time I've managed to play without being killed by a hacker was during the low population hours of a server. Hackers apparently don't care to grief the 10> servers that much when there's +30 servers out there.

I strongly believe when we get around the curve of hackers, due to this game being a MOD, it is going to be a much more pleasant game

Though, Most of my time is spent replying to the forums or playing DayZ. I potientally run into hackers maybe every other week. Sometimes twice in a row because they often come back for seconds.

So, my time is roughly spent... 1/10th dealing with a hacker, 4/10ths replying to forums, 4/10th playing DayZ, 1/10th debating rules/posting about bugs.

That is why I say its not as bad as CS:S... It maybe different for you as... I don't know what server you play on or admin. Mine are pretty popular and push 30-50 people daily. So I must either be doing something right, or hackers just like Resident Evil.

Fuck if I know.

Edited by U.B.C.S. Ravin

Well I got directed to this thread, when I bitched about how hackers are ruining this game, so here I am.

Someone explain to me, how in the HELL does the game not keep track of who is running scripts on the server?

That seems like the worst fricken design I have ever heard of.

Also, VBS2 (Which is the military version of arma) DOES keep track of who killed who. I've played it.

Because DayZ staff doesn't want server admins to be the judges and executioners. Generally, when you host a server you don't control the loot and equipment one person has. DayZ staff has said that if you have a FRAPS of an individual who is cheating and you ban them, report it with the FRAPS, they will not blacklist you.

Basically, all you are doing is 'claiming' someone is hacking because Arma2 servers don't tell you much about anyone breaking scripts or hacking, so ANYONE can deny it, even if you SEE it. You have to have proof. DayZ staff just wants you to provide proof before you start taking away all of peoples equipment, cars, tents, ect. You aren't just removing one person from your server. You are potientally removing a persons entire game if you mess up or just assume. Sadly, A lot of admins DO assume.

And so what? They can go to one of the other 1000+ servers.

Option 1: Hackers ruin experiences for entire servers, abuse hundreds of players, ruin hundreds of hours of work, etc.

Option 2: Some players get abused by admins and can choose to move to a server without asshole admins, or start their own.

Yep, option 1 is definitely the way to go to prevent abuse!

/sarc

• Like 2

I agree with with everybody suggested, there should be a way that admin can get more information about a player would be cool to let the admin know who is spawning vehicles that shouldn't be there. Also you should name your vehicles in the Day Z and if a vehicle that spawns without a name should be immediately removed. Hope you know what I mean by naming. Like vehicle1, vehicle2 and etc. Also somehow if you can name your weapons and items that spawn to but don't make it public but make it like to where if players are in a area it should only name them in that area. If possible if you can detect when a player gets an item out in middle of no where and flag the player in a FLAGGED.txt file with their Name > GUID > Reason for Flag > Timestamp. Yea man rocket you really need to add some sort of way for admins to better track down hackers. We can't always rely on Battleye its been known for years to be able to bypass it isn't all that great. If you built an In game anti-cheat, admin information menus, and all that you should have yourself an almost anti cheat proof mission. Also as well each dayz_server.pbo should be where the anticheat and admin systems go and also randomize the file names so hackers can't bypass it by disabling the file. Or atleast have the admin of the server be able to name it to whatever they want it to be.

I had my first hacking encounter last night. I had finally gotten some good gear (after seemingly getting killed by either zombies or other players). I was running through the woods, rather happy to be heading up north with all of the gear I had. All of a sudden I get teleported to some encampment and hear this horn going off. I'm thinking, "Oh god, did I cheat? I don't know how to cheat, but maybe I got in trouble for something that I didn't realize I did." I turn around and get shot inside a tent of some sort. I'm dead and have to start all over.

I had no clue where I was or how I ended up there. But I'm fairly sure it was some sort of hacking trick. It was truly frustrating. Overall, hackers haven't ruined the game, but it's definitely made the game a bit annoying.

Wait, I keep hearing that Rocket can't do anything about the armaII engine or influence change, it's all on Bohemia Interactive etc. etc. This is a mod only yadda yadda yadda. Are you so called self proclaimed soap box standing armaII/dayz Rocket ass kissing experts so out of the know to not realize Rocket is a Bohemia Interactive employee? Dayz is now (or always was) likely the property of Bohemia.

Many are in here speaking for dayz devs as if they actually know what they are talking about. You answer with why this can't be done or why that can't be done. Save it. You don't know anything. To know something implies true knowledge. Unless you are a BI employee/dayz dev team member you don't KNOW shit. Again save it.

So quick to defend the devs, stop being fanboi ass kissers and stop trying to repress those that want something better.

So quick to point out this is an alpha, we are testers. This is ABSOLUTELY true so stop trying to repress those that report issues and want something better. Just stop, the fanboism and ass kissing is sickening.

If they can put stupid bear traps in the game (fwiw, they really might be fun to watch :P ) they could certainly entertain 700K or 800K fans of this game and try to work on something, anything that might help with the hacking issues.

They can't write some code to identify and ban users that have illegal inventory or ban users that use scripts to gain access to that illegal inventory? Really? Can't copy the game engine and simply remove the illegal items and release the mod as full stand alone alpha right now and work on cleaning it up? Really? Really?

Can't or wont?

I'd really like to hear something from the devs on this, not their fanbois. damn.

Could be that Bohemia is waiting for someone else to do the job for them? Free labor is always a good thing.

• Like 4

I strongly believe when we get around the curve of hackers, due to this game being a MOD, it is going to be a much more pleasant game

Though, Most of my time is spent replying to the forums or playing DayZ. I potientally run into hackers maybe every other week. Sometimes twice in a row because they often come back for seconds.

So, my time is roughly spent... 1/10th dealing with a hacker, 4/10ths replying to forums, 4/10th playing DayZ, 1/10th debating rules/posting about bugs.

That is why I say its not as bad as CS:S... It maybe different for you as... I don't know what server you play on or admin. Mine are pretty popular and push 30-50 people daily. So I must either be doing something right, or hackers just like Resident Evil.

Fuck if I know.

Half-Life hacks are basically speed hack, aimbot, ESP, wallhack, no-flash, etc. You can't teleport other players, make yourself invisible, duplicate and spawn items, incapacitate players, kill the entire server, etc. Arma 2 and its scripting engine are horribly flawed and should be abandoned for something that isn't a poorly designed piece of shit.

Edited by drmantistoboggan
  • Like 4

Hackers are DayZ biggest problem IMO, tons of players are stopping due to them. good luck getting them back if WarZ is ANY good.

Hackers are DayZ biggest problem IMO, tons of players are stopping due to them. good luck getting them back if WarZ is ANY good.

Arma 2 is to blame for this one, the engine doesn't give sufficient data to track players who hack and it is an engine that is very easy to hack.

When day Z goes standalone it will need a major upheaval of code to get this changed, hopefully arma 3 engine is more inherently secure

Option 1: Hackers ruin experiences for entire servers, abuse hundreds of players, ruin hundreds of hours of work, etc.

Option 2: Some players get abused by admins and can choose to move to a server without asshole admins, or start their own.

Wait, I keep hearing that Rocket can't do anything about the armaII engine or influence change, it's all on Bohemia Interactive etc. etc. This is a mod only yadda yadda yadda. Are you so called self proclaimed soap box standing armaII/dayz Rocket ass kissing experts so out of the know to not realize Rocket is a Bohemia Interactive employee? Dayz is now (or always was) likely the property of Bohemia.

Many are in here speaking for dayz devs as if they actually know what they are talking about. You answer with why this can't be done or why that can't be done. Save it. You don't know anything. To know something implies true knowledge. Unless you are a BI employee/dayz dev team member you don't KNOW shit. Again save it.

So quick to defend the devs, stop being fanboi ass kissers and stop trying to repress those that want something better.

So quick to point out this is an alpha, we are testers. This is ABSOLUTELY true so stop trying to repress those that report issues and want something better. Just stop, the fanboism and ass kissing is sickening.

If they can put stupid bear traps in the game (fwiw, they really might be fun to watch :P ) they could certainly entertain 700K or 800K fans of this game and try to work on something, anything that might help with the hacking issues.

They can't write some code to identify and ban users that have illegal inventory or ban users that use scripts to gain access to that illegal inventory? Really? Can't copy the game engine and simply remove the illegal items and release the mod as full stand alone alpha right now and work on cleaning it up? Really? Really?

Can't or wont?

I'd really like to hear something from the devs on this, not their fanbois. damn.

Could be that Bohemia is waiting for someone else to do the job for them? Free labor is always a good thing.

These are both spot on.

Arma is a MilSim.

It is designed for and sold primarily as this, to the Military.

That's why client-side scripts are trusted. Why would anyone in a MilSim aimed at the Military hardcores need scripts?

To set up scenarios on the fly.

Sure another engine could have been picked, but in terms of moddability, it's right up there.

Yep, a guy just destroyed my camp with 7 vehicles in it with a satchel charge, but Im lucky that I was the server admin and restarted and got the bastard banned, but yes, Its really out of control, 40% of DayZ players are cheaters, is almost becoming worse than Counter-Strike!!!

Sorry. How do you know this guy was not legit? People trade for Satchel Charges all the time, doesn't mean they hacked it in. I'm glad your admin buddy restarted the server though so you could horde 7 vehicles in your camp.

yeah I have found a few C4's spawn at the barracks so they are not just a hack. A usefull tool would be for server admins so see the hackers online. If ther admin could see everyone on the map then it would fix this. he would be able to see people teleport and ban their IP addrsss or whatever it is. when people are being hit the server admin can see if the guy is playing legit or cheating. he would see that the hacker was killed and should be omn the coast but when he can see him suddenly at the NW airfield then you know somethings up

Considering almost all servers are run by clans, and in my experience none of them have any problem restarting a server if their vehicles get taken or destroyed - adding this kind of ability is a very bad idea. I think a better idea would be one reserved slot for dedicated volunteers or game staff, or perhaps more could be reported to the (a different?) hive where it can be actioned from there.

As a server admin I also agree that being able to see everyone on the map can be abused way, way too easily. A lot of you guys are forgetting your actions on one server can be carried over to others. This is a big reason why we do not have that many permissions. DayZ staff can't even do some of the things you are suggesting. x3.