Sign in to follow this  
mgsloth

Get rid of no respawn

I understand the need to have something to prevent players from leaving while bein attacked but to get rid of respawn to me makes no sense whatsoever.

maybe make that a server option for admins rather then deleting all together.

today I was spawned in the wilderness, so do I spend half a day to find a town or friends in the game? no .. I loose interest really fast.

yes I get the fact that this is a reality mod and making it realitstic is key, but remember that this is just a game and if people have to spend half of their time trying to get population because they can't respawn closer then they will loose interest as I did.

• Like 1

The Respawn button was never actually planned to be in DayZ. It was a Arma 2 feature. They removed it to reduce server lag because people kept using it to find Cherno/Elektro spawn and therefore there was always a ton of bodies everywhere. They are thinking about introducing spawn points which lets you decide where you wanna spawn.

/Fluffy

Edited by Fluffs
  • Like 2

The Respawn button was never actually planned to be in DayZ. It was a Arma 2 feature. They removed it to reduce server lag because people kept using it to find Cherno/Elektro spawn and therefore there was always a ton of bodies everywhere. They are thinking about introducing spawn points which lets you decide where you wanna spawn.

/Fluffy

now that makes sense... thanks for your reply..

I understand the need to have something to prevent players from leaving while bein attacked but to get rid of respawn to me makes no sense whatsoever.

maybe make that a server option for admins rather then deleting all together.

today I was spawned in the wilderness, so do I spend half a day to find a town or friends in the game? no .. I loose interest really fast.

yes I get the fact that this is a reality mod and making it realitstic is key, but remember that this is just a game and if people have to spend half of their time trying to get population because they can't respawn closer then they will loose interest as I did.

Respawn wasn't removed to keep people from leaving when being attacked. Using it basically commits suicide and you respawn at the coast. One of the best things to me is navigating, pull up a internet map on another comp/monitor or just minimize and find where you are with land formations, trees and roads.

And I hope they don't do the spawn point choice, everyone is well aware where everyone wants to spawn. Cherno, Electro, Sol, or Balota. No need for any other spawn locations.

http://dayzmod.com/f...on/#entry480983

I've thought about it and I think it makes the game more boring.

I wouldn't want to walk from the side of Kamenka and run all the way to the town then proceed to Balota.

I think, you should be able to choose where you want to respawn, but once you do the next time you respawn, its greyed ou so you have to choose another one.

It could reset every 1 hour?

Just an idea.

how about just a fix for the people that spawn in the wilderness or glitch in bugged locations

* [NEW] Players spawning in debug area or "water world" will spawn on beach on next login (with their gear)

* [NEW] Client will automatically spawn player out of debug and waterworld to last known position

Why not make it so there's a timer, so you can only respawn an half an hour (or so) after initially spawning? That way, people would have to make their way over to cities, and add some sort of way to kick players after 5-10 minutes of AFKing, so they don't just leave Dayz open, and wait for the timer to end?