mgsloth

Optional PVP

I would like to suggest that player versus player (pvp) be an option for server admins just like difficulty or 3rd person.

Why? some people just don't like it and would rather conquer the game just with the zombie aspect.

No.

Banditry makes the game fun.

Here's an idea. Move north. Be sneaky. Spot us before we scope you.

So what about those of us who dont want to fight people, and would rather band together in this game? Those of us who like and love this game, in every aspect, but the banditry system?

• Like 6

Then there would have to be like 80% more zombies.. Or else it would be way to easy to get good stuff...

• Like 6

Then there would have to be like 800% more zombies.. Or else it would be way to easy to get good stuff...

FYP

No.

Banditry makes the game fun.

Here's an idea. Move north. Be sneaky. Spot us before we scope you.

Funny how banditry automatically involves a sniper rifle.

Funny how banditry automatically involves a sniper rifle.

Who is dumb enough to scope zombies with a loud fucking rifle xD

haha, well I see posts from obvious bandits, and who said i am not one of them? haha.

I am just suggesting some people do not like it and would like it an option. of course "not" the bandits themselves ; P

Why not? I wouldn't play on those servers but if you want to set one up and there's enough demand to make it worthwhile for Rocket I can't see why not. So many intolerant whiners on here, everyone doesn't have to play the same way as you. It makes me laugh when anti-bandit threads pop up and these same people jump to defend their own freedom of play but wont support others.

One condition is that you can't hop into PvP servers with your PvE character.

Edited by Ollox
  • Like 1

Who is dumb enough to scope zombies with a loud fucking rifle xD

I didn't suggest to use the rifle for something else. I meant that it seems that bandits never use anything but a sniper rifle.

You think it will be fun suggesting it now, but once the adrenaline and the fear is gone you will wish you hadn't suggested this.

You can not have a true, no rules, sandbox game if you restrict human interaction. If you do not like PvP, then stay away from people and places that are high risk. Not that you will not ever encounter people doing such, but if you go to the hot lootspots you know you will find people.

Just like in real life, the more you now the man, the more you will love your dog. The only thing that keeps balance in real life are consequences. Without consequences life would be a living hell due to human nature. Games get no consequences. If you are of the few that doesn't fit into that nature, there is only one advice possible. Avoid all human contact.

EDIT: Fixed typo.

Edited by necroslord

No. There is literally no survival aspect without pvp. Zombies are easy as shit to get away from, just run into a building or zigzag your way up a hill.

Bandits are a fact of the game. Rocket even said he would never remove them.

Why can no one quit their bitching and realize this is a game. If you die big deal.

Not all bandits camp the coast and kill new players. In fact most of us will stay up near the NW airfield or Stary and kill players who are good enough to get up to there.

Also @necro Snipers are the most effective against players. I use a bizon SD for zeds.

Also @necro Snipers are the most effective against players. I use a bizon SD for zeds.

Of course I know they are the best against players. It's kinda obvious. I was going to contest the argument but it will only lead to a contrast in points of views of the kind that can't ever be resolved and end up in and open forum war. I've seen it already.

I will just close my partcipation with my overall thought that I have placed at some other places in smilar suggestions:

A server without PVP would be boring. I don't suport the idea of turning PVP off. However I find current PVP ridiculous. So I keep supporting the not popular idea of getting rid of sniper rifles. Ambushes, betrayals and gunfights are more appealing to me. Much better than just dropping dead without even seeng your killer and with no fun for it. Tactics, "gank squads" and groups of survivors to fight back would make the game more dynamic.

At this stage in the development, I don't see the reason to have a PvE server as there is little enviroment to fight against. Maybe in the standalone when zombies become less bugged and more of a serious threat, a PvE server would make more sense. If it appeals to a certain type of gamer, then so be it.

Claiming that bandits is a central aspect of the game is a viewpoint and a stance on how to play the game. Some people prefer to see the game as a zombie survival game, with a focus on the zombies. Others would prefer to see and combat the more variable aspects of another human player. By allowing both types of servers, you serve the interests of different types of gamers.

Bandits are a fact of the game. Rocket even said he would never remove them.

Why can no one quit their bitching and realize this is a game. If you die big deal.

Not all bandits camp the coast and kill new players. In fact most of us will stay up near the NW airfield or Stary and kill players who are good enough to get up to there.

I don't see how the fact that this is a game affects anything. Some people would prefer to die to the game rather then to another human. Call it pride or whatever you will, it's a matter of personal preference. Allowing the option of no PvP allows both preferences to enjoy the aspect of the game they wish to focus on, be it the zombies or the bandits.

Incidentally, 'most' bandits don't camp the coast. This still means that there's a minority that do. Looking at the amount of complaints and considering the large population of the mod, it seems that there's still a significant number of people who do camp the coast.

Getting rid of PvP is detrimental to DayZ, and ruins the entire prospect of it.

I, however... am NOT A BANDIT.

I avoid other players, and kill in defense.

Simply avoid bandits. Easy.

Getting rid of PvP is detrimental to DayZ, and ruins the entire prospect of it.

I, however... am NOT A BANDIT.

I avoid other players, and kill in defense.

Simply avoid bandits. Easy.

Not bothered if you're a bandit or not. It doesn't change how I'll view your argument.

If you avoid other players, you're actions tend to lean towards the creation of a PvE server. After all you are doing the same thing as what the PvE server would enfore, except with more time spent. However, if you enjoy the excitment of outwitting the bandits, fair enough. Some people don't. Let them play in their own server, with their own seperate stats so the PvE server's aren't abused for loot.

Removing PvP ruins a large aspect of the game, I admit, but it doesn't destroy the entire game. The other aspect of the game is the zombies which is currently ruined though I do expect it to get progressively better in the standalone. I don't expect to see a PvE server during the alpha stage to be honest, I'd expect it more during the standalone production of DayZ.

Just like in real life, there more you now the man, the more you will love your dog. The only thing that keeps balance in real life are consequences. Without consequences life would be a living hell due to human nature. Games get no consequences. If you are of the few that doesn't fit into that nature, there is only one advice possible. Avoid all human contact.

Stop mentioning Real life, Real life, THIS IS NOT REAL LIFE GOD DAMNIT.

But yes, what we need here is consequences for killing people, like getting a fucking meteor on their head!

jk

but needs consequences

Edited by MinxinG

Just like in real life, there more you now the man, the more you will love your dog.

Exactly, dude. Exactly.

Stop mentioning Real life, Real life, THIS IS NOT REAL LIFE GOD DAMNIT.

But yes, what we need here is consequences for killing people, like getting a fucking meteor on their head!

jk

but needs consequences

Take it easy, I mentined real lfe exactly to bring the theme of consequences. If you see state Real Life = Consequences, Game = No consequences. Maybe this is not real life, but it serves as a good model for comparisons.