ECH0

DayZRadio.com - Your best chance of survival. ( 5PM GMT / 10AM LA / 1PM NY )

DayZRadio.com - Chernarus's Most popular radio station!

Backup link

http://engagegaming.co.uk/dayzradio/

When?

Live Daily @ 17:00 GMT / 13:00 NYC / 10:00 LA

(duration depending on listeners) so get everyone to listen!

Where do you broadcast from?

A Church in Chernarus. I Can't tell you exactly where/what server i'm in but I am alive and can be captured. (I leave the church for brief periods for food, supplies and to hide)

Updates?

https://twitter.com/#!/DayZRadio

Next Broadcast

1st June (Zombies came into the church and the end of todays broadcast and I had to leg it with the equipment... I dropped my battery and am now looking for another one.

How do I send in updates?

You can send in news updates from any server so everyone can hear. The updates will be broadcast globally. including shoutouts.

Go to DayZRadio.com > "Send a News Update" at the top to send an update for your server.

What to update?

1) Bandit locations, especially if they are in groups

2) Safe Locations that have been secured by groups

3) Safe trade locations that are guarded by players for security

4) Transport routes

5) Emergencies i.e. I am dying, this is a broadcast for help near 'X'

I would say it has potential to bring out the Emergent gameplay in DayZ.

How can i help?

Spread it around as much as you can. Word of mouth is key to get this station off the ground. Tell the entire server you are on to listen & Tell your friends and post as many important updates as you can.

Can I be a host?

For now, no. But there are More Hosts Coming in the next few days!

- ECH0 (DayZRadio Host)

PAST STREAMS:

http://www.twitch.tv/dayzradio

A very interesting idea, may be a little bit tricky to execute since there are about 100 servers to report on :P

Wouldn't be a great idea to tell everyone of "safe havens" a group of people set up. Bandits will reign down upon them. And same to bandits, if I was a bandit I wouldn't want a radio show telling everyone my location.

I mean it's a good idea I like these radio shows.

This is a new station - nothing to do with the stickied one, focused on information rather than music (there is music) but information takes priority. Think of it like an emergency broadcast system.

I'm quite confident that with the next update taking out the automatic Humanity system clothing change that this radio station will be your only warning of bandits nearby.

Thank you all for your feedback.

ETA to broadcast: T-1:15:00

p.s. @Macenzie - All people have to do is go to the site and submit news, then as it comes in through a live feed I update everyone. It should work fine with 100 servers.

So will it be done in character as if your a survivor in Chernarus?

I was just talking to my bro about doing something like this but as a pod cast, he then came up with the idea that in game the only way you can globally broacts in game with the VoIP is from green mountain. It would mean that wars would break out for control of the radio tower and those that control the radio tower control the information....

Yes it will be done as a survivor. As realistic as possible.

I could add some metagame around it, like control regions etc... but for now its an emergency broadcast system in the middle of chernarus. I'll email the dev's later to see what they think of the idea.

I quite like this idea, not sure how well it'll work with the 50 different alternate dimensions but okay. It'd be cool if got some survivors and/or bandits on to discuss survival strategies with each other etc.

Just so everyone knows, you can report news before the broadcast and I will announce when live.

To people sending in news, try to keep it short and simple.

Thanks.

:)

- ECH0 (DayZRadio Host)

You should make the twitch stream offline until you actually start broadcasting, that way I will know when to put my headphones in, instead of having to check every 20 minutes (I know you gave a start time, but it should still be offline)

reports from all the servers will get messy quick

Get a 50 slot server, name it dayzradio.com and have that as your focus. It will also server as a advert, peeps in steam will be able to connect using the in game browser and listen to streams while playing.

Oh ok, thanks for the heads up blackfuse.

It should be set to auto-play though. If not then Ill change it.

Sounds interesting, but can you comment to the question a few people have raised -- how does this idea work across multiple servers? Is there just one in particular that it's targeted for?

If you go onto the website you will see "Send a news update" on the top of the page, that update gets sent to one of my monitors stating what server it is from and then I can announce it Live. I have three monitors, one on the left for song requests/shoutouts the monitor in the middle for controlling music and the monitor on the right for news updates.

Doesn't have to be server specific. It's basic and should work fine globally.

well... that's the plan ;)

I expect a lot of spam and false reports.

Yup I expect that... speak of the devil :P

I hate to say it. But this is exactly what i already do, and will be broadcasting my own show in approximiatly 2 hours 10 minutes. Although if you wish. We can merge stations. As i am already set up, with my own forum sticky and viewer base.

pingzite I sent you a message earlier.