Sign in to follow this  
Stoch

Cannot Take Backpacks

I've mistakenly dropped my coyote backpack while i was trying to take an alice pack. Now the 'take backpack' option wont show up and i cant take any backpack. It's just 'open backpack' and my pistol.

Use your scroll wheel when pointed at your backpack. It will give you the option to either take or open. This goes for any situation when there's an object on the ground, use the scroll wheel to see what other options you have.

What usually causes this is if there is another object near the pack (tin cans, empty bottles etc.) the other object can bug the pack so that it does not show an option to pick up. First, take ALL objects around the pack (if you dont have room then take them one at a time and drop them away from the pack). Once you have done this you should have no problem picking it up.

• Like 2

Also, the safest way to take a new pack is to first transfer all your items into the new pack while it is still on the ground, THEN take the new pack. Dropping your original pack on the ground first will sometimes cost you the pack and everything inside it.

I wasn't clear about my problem obviously. :) I can see the open backpack option and there's no other items anywhere near it. I've also tried this out on other ones and it's still the same.

Bump, i really need help :/ I'm traveling without a backpack and its becoming to be a pain.

Edited by Stoch

This only happens to me when there is another object in the way.

I always click "G" to remove all the items in the way, then the option to take the backpack appears.

If this doesn't work for you then i honestly don't know what the problem is.

I CAN see the option 'open backpack' its just that 'take backpack' option isn't there...

I CAN see the option 'open backpack' its just that 'take backpack' option isn't there...

I had the exact same problem. I respawned or logged in ( i can't remember which) and found that I had lost my backpack. Ok, no problem. I'll just find another. But I was unable to "Take" the backpacks I subsequently found. There were no objects lying in the way of the backpack, I just had the options "Open Backpack" and change to my other weapon. It's as if the back pack was still in my inventory but glitched and therefore was preventing me from replacing it with another.

I wasn't clear about my problem obviously. :) I can see the open backpack option and there's no other items anywhere near it. I've also tried this out on other ones and it's still the same.

Sometimes you can pick up an un-up-pickable(?) item by looking at it and pressing enter. Also make sure, as SystemiK said, to remove all the junk around it first.

• Like 1

I think it's a bug. To those explaining to move mousewheel, that's kind of you but that isn't available. Sometimes there's nothing or somethings a circle and you see the little green rifle. Get's boring moving around for five mins and the zombies get so bored queueing to kill me outside. :blush:

Edited by Sula