Sign in to follow this  
Instinct (DayZ)

ok so about respawning

This is suppose to be a survival mod, not a respawn mod.

The whole reason i got this game is to play with my friends....

So get off your duff and go find them. This is the game we have, deal with it or don't play it. Those ARE your two options.

Why should I have to walk 20000 miles and waste 3 hours just to get killed again when i meet up with my friends. this is a survivle mod but should i get to choice where i survive

To my understanding they disabled the respawn button to reduce server load from people spamming the respawn button. If you really have to respawn instead of just running to your buddies or desired town simply run into a zombie or jump out of a barn and break your legs (this re-enables the respawn button). Otherwise its not fair for others on the server to lag because there are a few people who don't like where the spawn and lag / crash the server trying to get a Cherno / Elektro spawn.

To my understanding they disabled the respawn button to reduce server load from people spamming the respawn button. If you really have to respawn instead of just running to your buddies or desired town simply run into a zombie or jump out of a barn and break your legs (this re-enables the respawn button). Otherwise its not fair for others on the server to lag because there are a few people who don't like where the spawn and lag / crash the server trying to get a Cherno / Elektro spawn.

The reduction in the serverload didnt actually help jackshit because its tens times worse. It takes ages to load in to the server. The removal of the respawn button was unescessary, sure you could argue that rocket is implementing some team spawn futures, but until then keep the damn button. If I wanted to play a running simulator id pick another game.

Why should I have to walk 20000 miles and waste 3 hours just to get killed again when i meet up with my friends. this is a survivle mod but should i get to choice where i survive

Jesus Christ, I don't have a lot of patience for people (children) like you. Why? Because thats the way it fucking IS thats fucking why! So like I said before, play the game the way it's built or don't play it at all. Those are your choices here. (obvious 3rd choice: whine on the forums about something which is completely out of your control).

Breaking your leg doesn't always enable the respawn button. A friend of mine had to crawl for an hour to get to the nearest town just to get killed so he could respawn. What happens if you spawn in the wilderness since he hasn't fixed that problem either? Just take off running in a direction and pray that you have picked the right way? I think Rocket needs to fix all the problems the game has now before he starts making even more.

This game is in a stage.. This is not even a post worthy of the troubleshooting page. It's a free modification; so either accept that it's a privilege ​to play this game and deal with the its quirks, or find something else to play.

Edited by Kye

This game is in a stage.. This is not even a post worthy of the troubleshooting page. It's a free modification; so either accept that it's a privilege ​to play this game and deal with the its quirks, or find something else to play.

I could accept the quirks the game has if it didn't cost me hours of my life every time the game decided to glitch out and kill me. Except now instead of glitching out and killing me it glitches out and makes me crawl to my death. So I am unfortunately going to find something else to play. I'm going to keep up with the forums so when the day comes that the game is ready for release I can see how its doing and decide whether or not its worth coming back.

Instinct makes me smile

ibyDX5cQ2hdFe8.jpg

Breaking your leg doesn't always enable the respawn button. A friend of mine had to crawl for an hour to get to the nearest town just to get killed so he could respawn. What happens if you spawn in the wilderness since he hasn't fixed that problem either? Just take off running in a direction and pray that you have picked the right way? I think Rocket needs to fix all the problems the game has now before he starts making even more.

If you spawn in wilderness, you just need to quit and rejoin, you get put on a coast spawn with all your gear back. this was fixed last patch Edited by internetTAB