mantas191

English road signs mod

I am sorry if this is the wrong section to post this in i wasnt sure because this is a suggestion but i dont know if its got to do with dayz, But here goes

Well i was just thinking if somebody is good at modding whatever and maybe they could possibly make a mod that would translate all the signs in chernarus into english .This would be a far easier way to know your surroundings etc.

Comment bellow of what you think

Mantas

So if I were to kidnap you, drop you on a russian coast and say "Good luck" and hand you nothing, but painkillers and a bandage. You would be able to insert random knowledge into your brain to translate signs to english?

• Like 1

Its a game bro,ingame modifications cant really be made in real life cant they ? As i said its just an opinion for a mod like any other mod for the game .

Its a game bro,ingame modifications cant really be made in real life cant they ? As i said its just an opinion for a mod like any other mod for the game .

So wait you want a mod for a mod for a game so terribly put together I myself consider it a mod of all the glitches in the world put into a single game?

And even though it might be so glitchy it still is all about the realism. And realism we shall have. And using a map. We have that too. And we have periods. And sentence fragments. Lots. And lots of segment fragments.

If I'm not mistaken, you can't mod this mod--and I'm not sure adding English subtype would be good. The way I see it, it would ruin the immersion and the feelings of being lost and helpless.

The signs aren't hard to read once you've been around the map a few times.

The game takes place in a Russian country basically..... so learn Russian instead it's more cost effective for developers and modders alike :beans:

... And even though it might be so glitchy it still is all about the realism. And realism we shall have. And using a map. We have that too. And we have periods. And sentence fragments. Lots. And lots of segment fragments.

So why doesn't anyone get infected when attacked by The Infected?

Seems like a realism must - And again if it's realism - Why doesn't everyone spawn as a civilian instead? But if they're supposed to be whats left of the military, I doubt they'd be at eachothers throats.

• Like 2

I personally enjoy standing at a 3-way intersection in the dark looking at road signs with my friends trying to figure out which one takes us to the NW airport.

So wait you want a mod for a mod for a game so terribly put together I myself consider it a mod of all the glitches in the world put into a single game?

And even though it might be so glitchy it still is all about the realism. And realism we shall have. And using a map. We have that too. And we have periods. And sentence fragments. Lots. And lots of segment fragments.

Please i dont need any of your critisism. as i said its "just a suggestion" never said i wanted it,

From the looks of things and while starting to think about it myself its acctually way more fun playing while trying to acctually find out where you are :) thanks for your posts anyway guys .

The game takes place in a Russian country basically..... so learn Russian instead it's more cost effective for developers and modders alike :beans:

thats false.

The game takes place North in Czech republic, but the signs are in Russian for whatever reason.

• Like 2

I'd think this would be pretty easy. Just find the texture files for road signs and replace/edit them. Whether or not you'll need to do some unpacking or file conversions will have to be answered by someone with experience doing this with ARMA II.

Textures are usually the simplest thing to mod, and they'll only appear different to you.

I'm not entirely learned on the relationship between the server and files local to your computer, but I'm fairly sure it doesn't give a shit (at least when it comes to texture files).

Edited by Strogg
  • Like 1