Sminky

Winchester rifle personal Death sentance

finally found one of these after a lot of hunting, thought i'd try it out. One shot at range and in the open resulted in a satisifing Dead Z but it seemed to bring the whole world down on me 20 zombies appeared from nowhere and i was swamped. The area looked more or less empty before firing.

Was that a bug, otherwise i'm staying clear of that rifle in future, 2 days in alive and killed due to that rifle.

The Winchester used to be a very quiet gun, however this was a tad unrealistic. Each gun has a different noise level, that level determines what range you will draw zombie attention from.

Alas firing the Winchester in the current build now attracts zeds from pretty much a whole village. So no it is not a bug, it is a mechanic to make you think twice before engaging.

I didnt find it over loud i was aware that higher caliber firearms do more quickly attract more Z. However it seems in the current build no matter what situation your in it's prefreable not to use it. Due to the almost definate death of firing that rifle.

I think I read in a thread earlier it now has a 140m sound radius.

This means every Zed in 140m will come running when you fire...

the CZ (the scoped Hunting Rifle) is 150m so the Winnie is only just quieter...

if you don't want to pull everything use your Rifle for +150m engagements and your side arm for up close

A buddy and I shot our Winchester's at two zombies and attracted a horde in a village. One bandage and 48 zombies later we left the village. Adapt to survive my friends. Use your surroundings to your advantage.

I love the new Winchester sound level. It means I have to do half the running, whereas beforehand I'd have to lap the village a few times to get the full horde experience.

It's all about the Silence'ed weapons.

MP5SD is by far the fav, but ammo is so rar.

I also don't understand why there is MP5 ammo and MP5SD ammo.

It's all about the Silence'ed weapons.

MP5SD is by far the fav' date=' but ammo is so rar.

[/quote']

Yeah it's dumb. I think you should be able to use both sets of ammo, but the non-SD should have some sound to it.

You can fire normal rounds out of silenced weapon in real life, but they aren't anywhere near as quiet as subsonics.

To my knowledge you used to be able to change out ammo types.......... could be an ACE thing though.

I didnt fire it in a town (although it was close to a small encapment). Drawing the entire attention of all Z's would be fine but seeing as once they have 'targeted' you you cant shake them off no matter what (well unless you cheat and quit out).

Even at a disntance 140m they will still come running and won't stop, so it's kind of a counter productive wepon.

and 48 zombies latter? even if they weree all headeshots where did you get that much ammo from and where did you store it?

I've been using the winny ever since the patch, and its still my preferred main.

Saying this, though, it spends most of its time on my back, and I use my 1911 for everything

and 48 zombies latter? even if they weree all headeshots where did you get that much ammo from and where did you store it?

ive currently got 15 or so slots of winny ammo, though i also have a 24 slot bag

You can fire normal rounds out of silenced weapon in real life' date=' but they aren't anywhere near as quiet as subsonics.

[/quote']

Actually, there really is no need for MP5 SD ammunition: the MP5SD has holes drilled in the barrel that reduces the velocity of normally supersonic bullets to subsonic by releasing gas pressure from the barrel.

So a normal MP5SD would be able to fire the MP5 ammunition at subsonic velocities, because that's how it's designed.

Kinda wish this was taken into account in DayZ, since most of the time I see no reason to grab an MP5 over an M4A1.

I never shoot zombies. I have been alive for probably 20+ hours and I only have 28 zombie kills. It is much safer to just Sam Fisher around them.

Kinda wish this was taken into account in DayZ' date=' since most of the time I see no reason to grab an MP5 over an M4A1.

[/quote']

I'm running a DMR, MP5, and Glock combo right now. Obviously the DMR is for the range and the MP5 is for CQC. I love the MP5 right now since it accepts so many mag types; PDW, Glock, MP5... This means my ammo count for the MP5 doesn't necessarily hinder my looting potential minus the 10 slots in my pack.

A silenced MP5 is just icing... the MP5 is already Makarov-like silent.