Sign in to follow this  
Xterminator (DayZ)

US 1524 (30ms ping or kicked)

I joined this server, and was kicked for not having less than 30ms ping. Now i can see someone setting that to 100ms, but 30ms, that is someone wanting to farm it with his friend for the best stuff. Is it not admin abuse if its set that low?

I believe it is an admin abuse. There was a topic from DayZ mentioning that ping-kicking should not be abused.

Yeah its a dallas server and my ping was like 40ms which is really good for where am at.

Then you weren't kicked for ping. We had the ping set to 100, then set it to 175. What was your in game name?

PS: I know you're full of shit because I run 52 ping on that server and Battle eye would have kicked ME had that been the case.

My ping is worse than that there and I'm fine.

You probably had a ping spike, the lowest that the server was set to was 115 because we got hit with 20 European players at once.

Edited by NinjaJake

I joined this server, and was kicked for not having less than 30ms ping. Now i can see someone setting that to 100ms, but 30ms, that is someone wanting to farm it with his friend for the best stuff. Is it not admin abuse if its set that low?

max ping is set by server admin via battleye config when the server boots up. unless a admin is kicking you directly i dont see much of a problem. my server is set at a lowball of 20 but i see people with 100~140 ping log in with no issues. but everytime i check the logs it mainly kicks people with 160+