Sign in to follow this  
scofieldr

Swimming causes you to lose all of your inventory

sorry for giving feedback to improve the gameplay.

WHY - if u want to report some issues - why is there always someone who says: "it is dayz, has to be realistic" or "you are QQ a little to much"

The game can only become better if people reports bugs or nonsense gameplay features.

Its the same with the noise u make while going across a street. If i do so in real life, MY NEIGHBOURS DONT HEAR ME WALKING! de fuq

This is not a issue, though. We all leave our equipment near the shore, before heading to any waterbody.

1. I just told how it was, I didn't tell you have to love it.

2. And yes you're correct surface sound does play a crucial role in a mod where zombies detects player based on sight and sound. Just stop running everywhere or atleast slow down, when you cross a road. Anyway who the fuck travels by road on foot anyways?!

3. What I did was being stuck on an island, someone stole my boat while I was offline. So after searching the beaches for a boat, I recalled this new feature(being able to disable this feature). I dropped my rifle, ammo, backpack, binoculars and NVGs on the beach. Places a can of beans in my inventory and took a 60 second swim. When I realized dropitem had been disabled, I pickup my shit and swam from Skalisty Island back to the mainland.

You don't lose your handgun, you handgun ammo belt or stuff in your toolbelt.

1. yeah still stupid features

2. i was talking about running across a street. u should be more visible of course but making less noise.

on the street u are even making less noise than running through the woods. It currently like this: in the bushes u are less visible and u are making less noise. on the street etc u are more visible and u make more noises.

I think the game should work with settings like

Street: High visibility, less noise

bushes: low visibilty, more noise

would make the game more realistic and complex

3. The thing is, it happens that u cant pick up items if u are very unlucky, it's very rare, but this bug does exsist.

edit: I also think, people who just post "stop whining" should instantly get banned from the server.

I mean, some people are discussing a problem and some attention whores come across and starts whining about us who are whining in his opinion.

Edited by scofieldr

1. ...

2. Running acorss streets, will increase your visibility and make more noise. Go out and test it youself stomping on grass first, then of asphalt next.

3. Whenever you drop an item, never use the "Drop" button, unless you're throwing stuff away.

Instead use the left part of the inventory window. Press the left arrow < Water Bottle > at the item you want to drop. This way the item is still active in your inventory window after you've dropped it. If you're really smart, tilt your camera down before you do it, then you can confirm the items are on the ground, when using the left side of the inventory window.

Also reward me some beans for being so patient with you.

Edited by Dallas
  • Like 1

1. ...

2. Running acorss streets, will increase your visibility and make more noise. Go out and test it youself stomping on grass first, then of asphalt next.

3. Whenever you drop an item, never use the "Drop" button, unless you're throwing stuff away.

Instead use the left part of the inventory window. Press the left arrow < Water Bottle > at the item you want to drop. This way the item is still active in your inventory window after you've dropped it. If you're really smart, tilt your camera down before you do it, then you can confirm the items are on the ground, when using the left side of the inventory window.

Also reward me some beans for being so patient with you.

He wont, but you can have some of mine

• Like 1

1. yeah still stupid features

You seem to fail to understand its a feature within ArmA2, that happens to port over to the mod. It can be disabled, some servers do, some don't.

What I'm trying to understand is why you feel it's so important to be able to swim. I've been playing DayZ for over a month now and not felt the need to get anything more than my ankles wet. Seems to me you're making a lot of noise because you forgot rule #1, don't get attached to your gear (or your friends gear as it appears).

edit: I also think, people who just post "stop whining" should instantly get banned from the server.

I mean, some people are discussing a problem and some attention whores come across and starts whining about us who are whining in his opinion.

Three words, 'pot', 'kettle' and 'black'.

Edited by Hiptu

begging for beans for your virtual penis? w/e

2. well i still think changes in visibility and audibility would improve gameplay but thats just my opinion

3. i did it like u said and still, the bug still exists, so it's just stupid to make people risking loosing their things but bugs

bottom line, i hope, one day, the dayz community will realize that rocket isnt some never-failing god.

90% of dayz isnt realistic, so stop refusing any advice people make to make the game more fun.

In every thread i read the same. "It is more realistic this way" Welll games are games, so they are not real. they arent fun if everything is realistic. go play trainsimulator if u want a realistic game

im done with this discussion^^

edit: one last word to Hiptu: i also never swam since a month, but we just had a hell of a trouble to get his gear together, just because he accidently ran into the water.

nobody seems to unterstand that games are supposed to be fun, so why are people defending anoying features?

Edited by scofieldr

Well, today, my friend walked through the night and accidentally ran into the water.

He instantly lost ALL THE GEAR HE HAD, EVERYTHING.

Why in seven hells is there a "gameplay feature" like that?

Can someone explain that to me?

There is simply no reason for that

i wont answer that post xD

Edited by scofieldr

edit: one last word to Hiptu: i also never swam since a month, but we just had a hell of a trouble to get his gear together, just because he accidently ran into the water.

nobody seems to unterstand that games are supposed to be fun, so why are people defending anoying features?

Not defending a feature, stating a fact. The feature is part of ArmA not DayZ, but you're attacking DayZ for it. Get the point yet?

so im not allowed to mention problem with your beloved game?!!?!?!?!?

so im not allowed to mention problem with your beloved game?!!?!?!?!?

Again...

Not defending a feature, stating a fact. The feature is part of ArmA not DayZ, but you're attacking DayZ for it. Get the point yet?

Anyway, thought you were done with this thread.

Because I'm feeling nice right now, let me help you out: http://forums.bistudio.com/forumdisplay.php?56-ARMA-2-amp-OA-SUGGESTIONS post there with ya problem (or suggestion), you might have more success.

(Ps. got the point yet?)

begging for beans for your virtual penis? w/e

2. well i still think changes in visibility and audibility would improve gameplay but thats just my opinion

3. i did it like u said and still, the bug still exists, so it's just stupid to make people risking loosing their things but bugs

bottom line, i hope, one day, the dayz community will realize that rocket isnt some never-failing god.

90% of dayz isnt realistic, so stop refusing any advice people make to make the game more fun.

In every thread i read the same. "It is more realistic this way" Welll games are games, so they are not real. they arent fun if everything is realistic. go play trainsimulator if u want a realistic game

im done with this discussion^^

"Go play trainsimulator if you want a realistic game"

ArmA2:

ARMA 2 (stylized as ArmA II) is a Military Simulation for the PC developed by Bohemia Interactive Studio.

DayZ:

The game attempts to portray an authentic scenario, with the environment having many different effects on the player. A player may receive bone fractures from repeated damage to the legs, go into shock from unexpected ambushes, receive infections from both infected zombies or diseased players, or even spontaneously faint due to a low blood pressure. Thirst and hunger must be regularly dealt with by finding sustenance in either cities or in the wilderness, with body temperature playing another key part in the character's survival.

Stop trying to make the game fit to your needs and go find a game for you.

Oh, and i forgot to mention. I'm having fun.

Also, there is this special quote, just for you

Hall has described the mod as something of an "anti-game" as it broke what he felt were generally considered to be basic rules of game design such as balance and not frustrating users.[10]
Edited by TJ_Day

I think that`s a bug and not a feature. I swam with all my gear a couple of times. I even kept my gun and i thought losing your gun if you swim WAS a feature.

Its not a bug its a design feature... there is a command that can be added to the mission.sqm to disable but its only a new command created for the crying dayz players

Its not a bug its a design feature... there is a command that can be added to the mission.sqm to disable but its only a new command created for the crying dayz players

Fuck you, this is a legitimate problem with the game, that's what I hate about this community, ANY criticisms makes you a "QQ crybaby". Fuck off.

yeah as i said my friend lost all his gear within 1 second so whats your point? i'm lying?

DayZ Community just accepts everything.

Rocket could remove everything that makes fun and most of you would try to defend these changes with some ridiculous arugements like "ITS MORE REALISITC"

ITS A GAME, IT'S SUPPOSED TO MAKE FUN!

who of u is happy if he looses gear while he wants to fill the water in a fucking bottle?!?!?!?

what the fuck is wrong with u guys.

i mean seriusly, who benefits from some guys who cant manage to fill water in a bottle because the engine is just totatly broken and looses all their gear by keep trying it

It is not even slightly realistic to instantly loose everything the moment u enter the water!

It would make maybe a little bit sense if he looses some items from his backpacks when he swims for ten minutes or more, but not the backpack itsself.

Also i dont have to argue with someone who is trying to tell me that it makes sense to loose something like a main rotor assembly because it weights so much.

U CANT PUT A MAIN ROTOR ASSEMBLY IN YOUR BACKPACK AT ALL!

just stop thinking DayZ is perfect!

Its not a game , its a mod for a mil-sim get your facts right so its meant to be realistic , doesnt mean it has to be fun , its used to make realistic situations which wouldnt be fun and earlier you said about an experienced soldier in day z you aint youre a fucking civillian with no military background ..... also i just swam to skalitsy island (or whatever) and only lost a crossbow from my backpack