tfninja

zombies are bull and ruining the game

All I could do was facepalm after reading each line. It's starting to hurt, OP.

• Like 2

This made me smile.

People thinking DayZ is like L4D or Dead Rising in a sandbox area...

Whiners will be whiners ofcourse, the only thing needed to do is to give them some 'cheese' to go with that 'whine' of theirs.

I'll keep my beans instead.

they chase you FOREVER, and cannot be shrugged off reliably by hiding in bushes or running through trees.

"AAaaaaaaaaaaaaarggghhhhhhhhhhhhh, braaaaaaaaaaaaains.....braaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaains"

*Player hides in a bush*

"Brains gone, zombie sad. Berries, beeeeeeeeeerries......"

• Like 1

the only thing needed to do is to give them some 'cheese' to go with that 'whine' of theirs.

I'll keep my beans instead.

Geez, that sure was CHESSY. :P

Yeah, zombies are crap in the current state, they need to be way harder.

Lol I totally agree with you Op. You would think it was a Zombie game or something.... Oh, wait

Btw, If you can see the zombie why can't he see you?

Hide in Bushes, Use cans to distract, And stay in the shadows and next to buildings

Honestly they're zombies, does anybody have a reasonable reason for why they zig-zag and try to avoid your fire until they're right up on you? If its intended thats retarded, if its not intended they should fix it.

They're not a problem at the coast or in big towns, even when you're unarmed. I find them annoying though when I aggro them sneaking through small towns that just happen to be in my way when traveling inland. That's where there's no place to lose them unless you run to the nearest barn that's 15 minutes away.

/rant

It's really depressing how many threads like this there are... not on this topic but with this whiny attitude of "Man zombies are SOOOO TOUGH. I mean, Nobody has the patience to crawl through all the zombies!" This game is ABOUT THROWING YOU INTO SITUATIONS THAT YOU CAN'T SURVIVE! Thats the WHOLE POINT. Thats what made this game great. And now all of the cry babies that are used to being ushered through a game without ever meeting any real resistance think that this game should be like that too. Doing something like this would RUIN the game. While I agree that zombies aren't coded great and need to be re-done at some point, you need to realise that it's an ALPHA. You're not PLAYING the game, you're TESTING it.

/end rant

whats depressing is the lack of honest feedback due to nazi's like you patrolling the boards,

i made it clear that i know its alpha. my only suggestion was to tone it down, while there are so many bugs. when theyre fixed, then by all means, bring them back to this level and see how it goes.

there is another benefit in that they can test a different meta aspect of the game. what will the increase in survivors do? i bet that most deaths, the vast majority, are by zombies. this is fine, but what change would it make if players could survive for 50% longer? would there be more warbands and interesting things happening? the time to test these things is PRECISELY THIS time, as we are in ALPHA, like you so correctly said.

and one more thing, the "WHOLE POINT", is not to put you into a situation you cannot survive. that would be ridiculous. on the contrary, the whole point is TO SURVIVE, under great adversity. making zombies stop running at freak speeds does not alter the WHOLE POINT of the game, it makes it better, as more people will survive long enough to have meaningful contact with OTHER PLAYERS. which is ALWAYS more interesting.

dimwit dont speak to me.

Edited by tfninja

Actually there needs to be way more zombies and they need to be more of a threat especially in the cities. I'm sorry but you can't call this a zombie survival simulator and then have assholes sitting on top of a roof top waxing players for the fun of it with little to no fear from the zombies or even the fear of wasting resources.

Let me explain further one of the major flaws in this game with the way bandits work. For starters no one in a Zombie Apocalypse world is going to sit on a roof top and shoot people for fun, that would be a complete waste of friggen resources. Another reason there would be no reason for bandits to do it would be that even if they killed people for there resources would be far more dangerous then go for people outside the cities. The second problem with bandits do this is that the second they start shooting at some one they draw the attention of the zombies. In all cases of Zombies when they are attracted to a location they will pound there way in. In cities you're not going to have a hand full of Zombies, you're probably going to have thousands of Zombies all trying to push there way in to that building and the building will be completely surrounded by them, which means the bandits would more then likely be trapped on the roof with no way off. This means there only hope for survival is to kill enough of the Zombies to make it out of the building and to safety. Now in every case of zombie movies I have seen including it takes a headshot to kill a zombie. Now were going to go with the wimpy 28 days version of zombies which you have to make a head shot to kill them as well. Now these bandits are only going to have so much ammo. Now they might and I stress might have just enough ammo that they could kill every single zombie if they don't miss once and all are headshots. However there is no way that they would be able to hold off a horde of zombies eventually they will run out of luck. I would also say they will not make headshots every single time. Want me to prove my point, well I'll be happy to.

Go read the book to black hawk down, two snipers landed at one crash sites There were like 25 of somalis and several that were wounded. Now keep in mind there position were being over run and they were trained snipers and they could only hold the mob off for a certain amount of time before they were over run. Now with Zombies it's going to be far worse because you can only kill them with headshots, Now there is very little to no chance at all that bandits on a roof to killing people for sport or for resources would have any shot at surviving.

Now if Rocket want's to make the game more real he needs to up the amount of zombies, make them only kill able with headshots. Then it needs to be set so once they center on a location they will eventually beat down doors windows in to a building and make there way up to the top of a building.

In short Zombies or Infected which ever you want need to be in greater numbers and need to be way more of a threat then they are. To such a point that even a group of bandits are not going to waste there time and resource killing players in cities. That is just my opinion.

dunno what game you are playing the zombies aggro ridiculously now from gunshots since the patch

its borderline retarded

this is my thought after trying to play for 5 days or so.

they are just broken. almost completely unneccessary, as the main struggle is against humans.

they move WAY too fast, making aiming IMPOSSIBLE

they see you from FAR too far away, making it impossible not to attract them

they chase you FOREVER, and cannot be shrugged off reliably by hiding in bushes or running through trees.

they walk through walls, can spawn right next to you, and can knock you out in one touch, which basically means your dead.

there are too many of them unless you have a team, or the patience to crawl around every town in prone position. you ALWAYS get seen by one that you didnt know was there, ALWAYS get chased forever, which becomes so tedious it is little more than harassment in the end. It doesnt add tention to the game because you know if you run in a straight line theyll never get you.

you ALWAYS get hit because you cannot shoot them until they are right next to you.

i would love to play this game but with fair rules, that can be predicted.

zombies really dont ADD much to the game at all, infact in their current state i really think they detract from the game. i dont think many people have the patience to constantly be screwed over and lose their characters due to zombie bugs and super human abilities.

why dont they get scaled right back, in numbers and abilities, until the game is in a more solid and less buggy state?

really i think this would be a wise move by the dev/s to keep people happy and playing instead of becoming infuriated and not wanting to invest the time anymore, like i have become.

So, you've played for 5 days and decided you know what's best, despite the fact it's an unfortunate fact that the majority of this forum believes zombies are just scenery? The problem with that, their not very attractive scenery either.

So, quit whining and learn how to deal with them. You don't get to come here after 5 days whining about the focal point to the whole game, which sadly, is the easiest part.

zombies too hard? are you kidding me?

they are way too easy, but bugged as hell

I just started playing dayz, have had less than 10 hours and allready wasted 6 characters but the Zombies themselfes are OK.

As long as I am prone in tall grass they pass me by in 5-10 meters distance without noticing. Crouching for a moment can allready attract them but thats fine.

What I don't get is, why the engine immideately gets them off my trail as soon as I climb a ladder. In similar games the Zs crowd at the ladder howling in frustration their prey is out of reach but in dayz....thank you sir, no more interest...

But what makes the game unneccesarily tedious is the spawning and re-spawning. Apart from the fact that sometimes I have a flickering Z out of thin air right by my side that makes me waste ammo (or just wet my pants) because he never acutally spawns there, the respawning is hellish unrealistic. It should be possible to kind of clean an area - at least for longer than 5 minutes.

Edited by TheStoryteller01

I'll be honest, I didn't even read your post but you are obviously retarded based on the title alone. Therefore everything you posted was completely pointless and invalid.

Zombies are to easy I honk also sneaking around places shouldn't involve speed it's a slow process and it's meant to be so if you can expect that fact than your fucked.

Edited by TheCenturion

I agree that the zombies are too retarded in this update.

Definitely don't think they're ruining the game.. they just need work.

It would be nice to see them pursue a little more ruthlessly, I made a video last night where they seemed to stop for breathers every few seconds..

Not very dangerous atm. :P

Thread will easily spiral out of control, zombies are apart of the game and are staying.

If you truly feel this is an issue with the game, consider making a well constructed suggestion with well made points?