bogroll (DayZ)

Weapons Nerf - Rocket responds

Looks like Rocket was not aware of the change. Seems like Bohemia is doing their own tinkering with DayZ. Not good.

Edited by bogroll

Quote:

[ No one in ArmA2 ever said "Hey, my Lee Enfield is too loud and that guy's M1911 is thee times more powerful than it should be!" BIS, please stop breaking my milsim because a few kids wanna fight zombies and gank newbs before the next CoD comes out in a few months.]

A lot of the comments go like that.

• Like 1

Has this been fixed or are they still "nerfed"? I'm just curious because I saw comments about it taking four shots to kill a zombie with the revolver, and I just killed a zombie with one shot from a revolver last night with a fully up-to-date copy (and it wasn't even a headshot).

The 9x19mm us more pwoerful than the 9x18mak round.. This does not make sense...

nice to see rocket responding to this. totally destroys the feeling of pvp for me if it takes so many i.e. AK shots to kill someone.

So basically all weapons are 1/2 to 1/3 of the previous damage?

Well that's bullshit.

Now an AK round is almost as weak as the previous makarov rounds?

The fuckady fuck?

Edited by TheMachine

I guarantee you that i would not be standing after two or three Ak rounds to the body. I do not like this at all maaaan.

The 9x19mm us more pwoerful than the 9x18mak round.. This does not make sense...

Makes pretty much sense since the 9x18 has only half the muzzle energy of a 9x19 in the real world.

All of the changes for ammuntion and weapon values do make sense in ArmA 2 and are just a correction made to reset the lethality after a rise in lethality in 1.59. Assault rifles like AK74 were never meant to kill armoured soldiers in one hit at 300m. Precision is reduced too.

In ArmA you will barely notice the change at less than 150 meters, he changes kick in only at range, one or two 5.45x39 rounds will kill for sure at 0-100m in ArmA II, but DayZ uses a completely different damage management. It's now in Rocket to make changes to DayZ since the changes are fine for realims sake in ArmA II.

Edited by Ulanthorn
  • Like 3

Makes pretty much sense since the 9x18 hs onyl half the muzzle energy of a 9x19 in the real world.

All of the changes for ammuntion and weapon values do make sense in ArmA and are just a correction made to reset the lethality after a rise in lethality in 1.59. Assault rifles like AK74 were never meant to kill armoured soldiers in one hit at 300m. Precision is reduced too.

In ArmA you will barely notice the change at less than 150 meters, he changes kick in only at range, one or two 5.45x39 rounds will kill for sure at 0-100m in ArmA II, but DayZ uses a completely different damage management. It's now in Rocket to make changes to DayZ since the changes are fine for realims sake in ArmA II.

Thanks for clarifying that... Beagle is it?

This appears to be the CEO of Bohemia doing his own thing to revise DayZ according to how he sees the game developing. He must have known that he would be muscling in on Rocket (who didn't know jack about this).

Seems like there is some behind the scenes politics going on. Follow the money.

This new shit is detrimental to the original concept of the mod.

Edited by bogroll
  • Like 1

rocket is laughing at us and he don't care i think, seeing his interviews on youtube. I realy don't see much progress server tech sucks many bugs never solved sinds lanch mod and there are every patch eather new bugs and errors or old ones reappear again lol.

And yes i know its alpha but some bugs already should be solved after 4 months come on and no im not gonne make my own game if i critic Rocket take it or dont read im not gonne suk up his.... you dont improve this game by putting feathers in his ass:P

Worse at moment are loading times going ingame, no respawn items(elektra was completely empty no spawm items), zombies bugged and still walk through doors and lagging and graphical glitches. Lag with items picking up or inventory lag.

Edited by peetgamer

Looks like Rocket was not aware of the change. Seems like Bohemia is doing their own tinkering with DayZ. Not good.

The change was to Arma, not DayZ. Bohemia can do whatever the fuck they want with their own game.

And now all the Rocket lovers can stop talking about how awesome the nerf is. Because it's the lame.

• Like 1

This appears to be the CEO of Bohemia doing his own thing to revise DayZ according to how he sees the game developing. He must have known that he would be muscling in on Rocket (who didn't know jack about this).

Seems like there is some behind the scenes politics going on. Follow the money.

This new shit is detrimental to the original concept of the mod.

Rocket works for Bohemia last I checked. The DayZ and ARMA2 teams may not be totally in full communication with each other. That is a much more believable explanation than "Bohemia is out to mess with DayZ without Rocket's knowledge," which is just silly.

Edited by Max Railgrave

MAx R: You are right, he is employed by BiS directly; however he has been relocated to a substudio which develops DayZ.

I am frankly dismayed that he wasn't told about this modifation to the beta file. He works for them but was kept in the dark.

Rocket is getting lots of offers from other developers by his own admission. He'd be wise to stick to the Arma engine for the obvious reasons .But then Thai hookers, a crate of beer and beach can sway any man. We will never know what is going on behind the scenes at this moment but I suspect there exists a lot of toing and froing with regards the direction of the game. Far far more work was done on Arma 2 than in the mod (again obvious).

Max - you don't tell a hugely successful author of a mod that you employ; who has brought huge profits, that you're going to bork his mod (let alone the original game) because of some of some miscommunication?? Shurely shome mistake mush munnypenny

Edited by bogroll

Bohemia didn't do this to screw over DayZ. Read some of the thread on the BIS forums. It sheds a lot of light on what happened and for what reasons. The general idea of it was to bring some weapons more in line with real-life counterparts. It just happened that the new damage values didn't translate over to DayZ well. As said above, it seems to be a communication mishap.

Edited by CommodoreFrank
  • Like 2

Weapon effects on Humans were always "nerfed" in DayZ. In vanilla ArmA II you do not even have a chance to log off after a single AK hit to the chest from 50m because you're already dead. ArmA II was always much more unforgiving in pure PvP compared to DayZ.

The "nerf" is barely noticable in ArmA II and just a long time overdue and often requested fine tuning.

DayZ has to adopt, it's that simple.

Last time i checked DayZ was labeled Alpha.

Edited by Ulanthorn

Bohemia didn't do this to screw over DayZ. Read some of the thread on the BIS forums. It sheds a lot of light on what happened and for what reasons. The general idea of it was to bring some weapons more in line with real-life counterparts. It just happened that the new damage values didn't translate over to DayZ well. As said above, it seems to be a communication mishap.

So why not tell Rocket about this??

Weapon effects on Humans were always "nerfed" in DayZ. In vanilla ArmA II you do not even have a change to log off afer a single AK hit to the chest from 50m because you're already dead. ArmA II was always much more unforgiving in pure PvP compared to DayZ.

The "nerf" is barely noticalbe in ArmA II and just a long time overdue and often reqiested fine tuning.

DayZ has to adopt, it's that simple.

Last time i checked DayZ was labeled Alpha.

You're right. It's not quite Halo yet. In due time

• Like 1

So why not tell Rocket about this??

Your guess is as good as mine. Maybe they didn't think it would affect DayZ as much as it did. At least Rocket is aware of it now.