Sign in to follow this  
ironman3112

Lone Wolf VS Group Poll

75 members have voted

1. 1. Do you prefer playing as a Lone Wolf or in a Group?

• Lone Wolf
    • Group

So that is the question, do you prefer working in a group? or playing as a lone wolf?

Personally i just recently started playing with some of my extended family who also enjoy the game and i've found that the group experience feels a lot better than playing alone. I've found that playing as a group gives you the extra firepower to deal with threats in large cities and allows for more visual awareness of your surroundings. The downside to the group though is that you're easier to spot and that it takes more food to feed everyone, but if you manage to find a grocery store then you'll usually get enough food to last you a while, and if you're careful then being spotted isn't an issue.

Playing in a group. If you trust them and they are friends it is far more rewarding than being a lone wolf.

Edited by Vices
  • Like 2

Although I play solo a lot, I often play with one of my friends.

Group. I can still have fun being a lone wolf, but in a group your ass is covered, and you feel much safer. Groups tend to have more ambition for getting a particular set of goals done simply because of there being more people(Dur, really?) and that's nice too.

• Like 1

I prefer a 2 man wolfpack its easier and more fun me and my friend took down a bus with 8 people in it, everyone was killed but us. Gotta love that lee Enfield.

I prefer playing alone but it is far more effective playing with 2+ people!

I Love playing both ways.

Driving 4 vehicles with friends is a rush, but at the same time I enjoy going solo to if my friends are not on or if I just want a little alone time.

Id say I group 45% of the time, the rest I solo, both are good fun! Everyone should give both a good chance.

Its nice to have friends to communicate with and to have each others back, but at the same time it also attracts ALOT more attention with more people.

Edited by kozzy

Lone Wolf. I've dealt with too many bandits, so I'm pretty jaded on it.

But if I run across a group in my travels that mean me no harm, I will definately lend them my services towards a goal.

After all, it is expected of Beanbearers.

Group is progressive, singular is more fun.

I go lone if we need to hit a military installation. I go as a group if we need to hit a town, or need to travel.

I prefer to group up with players that play regulary and I add to my friends list.

If not then I prefer to play solo as I wouldnt share my camp or trust with anyone.

I play with two other buddies regularly but also alone when they are off, tried out once a bigger group but i found out that 3 is the perfect number :D

Just wanted to add that i made these two buddies when side chat was still enabled.

Today that would be impossible i think.

Edited by Tex Willer

Lone Wolf. Havn't tried playing with others yet though, seeing as most people just fire a bullet my way or something like that. Don't have any real life friends playing at this point, so it's also pretty hard to team up with them.

As stuck up as it sounds, my friends are massive liabilities. They're accident prone, take inefficient methods to complete tasks which would seem easy to most people that have gamed for as long as they have. They would not be able to take care of their noise and visibility except from a distance. And they sure as hell wouldn't be able to navigate a map without using a self-marker for a crutch.

Not to mention that they'd make predicatble fodder for bandits. Or whine when they get their gun last. Or when they wind up back at the beaches.

I'm enjoying solo plenty. I get a heightened sense of excitement from facing dangers where nobody is going to save me except me. It's like playing out a speechless film where all narrative and subtitles are displayed from my head. In other words, solo is my way easy-access way of becoming immersed.

I play with a group, when we roll we can effectively lock down Cherno or Elektro. Nothing moves unless we let it. We can hit every high value target and be out in ten minutes. Seems like the way to do things.

Lone wolf. Grouping is fun at times too though. Solo is just more challenging which makes it fun. Raiding a town with a group means even if you do happen to die, chances are your stuff will be saved. That kinda removes all the excitement from it.

I have 5 RL friends all former Marines such as myself or prior military/law enforcement of some sort who I play with and I'll be honest, executing tactically proficient kills and MOUT is so satisfying in this game. It's just fantastic stuff... if you're a lone wolf type (don't get me wrong I like going out hunting solo as well) you should really give some thought into finding a solid group to roll with. It's a lot of fun.

When this Mod started, people got together all the time, No player killing, No campers just good old get together's and running around surviving the mod. Now I only feel safe on my own. I can't commit to times and places, I have other things in RL.