ryahn

[Dedicated] DayZ Freezes or Stops Working

Ok for some reason my dayz server likes to pop staying it has stopped working and I have to kill it and restart. Is this due to 1.7.2.4 or the beta? I would like to find out the cause so I can keep it from happening. I am also having the issue where the server will not show up on any list except by connecting via IP. The server config has stayed the same since day one of when I installed at DayZ 1.7.2.3 Beta 94876 was out.

My server is US 850

I concur, this is a new issue with our server as well. Crashing randomly and SUPER high ping loads as well after some time. If I reduce the max players on my server it takes LONGER for it to occur but still loads up over time.

US267, 1.7.2.4 (with 0.7.2 hive files) and Beta 95417

Well it depends on what is causing it. If the server itself has crashed thats one thing, but Windows generally pops that message up anytime the Window stops accepting user input (generally caused by the UI thread blocking because it's doing some work for a long period of time).

If this is the case, the application/server may still be running, but you just cannot interact with the application.

Regardless, it's a bug.

I will do that and I am making a restart script

Is nobody else having this APPCRASH for arma2oaserver.exe? I have tried reinstalling all server files, still no avail. Re-installed Beta, no change, lag is something of a problem now to.

Yes mine crashes, I am in the works making a heart beat script to keep it running

Please post this up, or share the file if possible, I would be very interested in pursuing the same course of action. Thanks!

Few times on my server too but I'm about 90% sure it's due to dumbass hackers doing stupid stuff like Thunderdome and spam nuking it. I use TCAdmin so it just restarts itself when it crashes.

Does anyone know why i can connect to any server, except the my home serve, everytime i try to login, it freezes at the screen where you select okay. and i have to ctrl+alt+del out of it, its super annoying, and my friends wont leave the server because we have a crap ton of shit on the server.

How long does it take for it to crash?

My server runs the 6 hours between every restart just fine.