GhostHawx1

Banned for combat logging

If anything, I believe it would be singular, not plural.

In case you, too, cannot read - I am not an admin, and have stated that I am not an admin.

edit:

I believe if there's a problem involving GhostHawk's ban, it can be relayed to the admin to deal with when they're online - or you could all feel free to go on the server's public TS and shit those channels up instead of these nice DayZ forums. I'm sure an admin will come around eventually that you can talk to.

I'm sure that most of these thread posters' audible grammar is better than written, anyways.

English is my third language so please excuse the few grammatical errors i have in my writing, and as far as i know, my english is fluent.

Have the admins defend themselves, instead of yourself because you are making the server look really bad right now.

Rules are rules, you cant get around that.

Edited by PkStormx
  • Like 1

just thought i wuld post this for the ADMINS/OWNERS

you are breaking DayZ rules here is a link to the POST MADE BY Ander DayZ staff

A clarification.

We dont want serverhosters to be the judge & executioneer (banning) due to the fact that it will get misused easily. It's sometimes hard for serverhosters to make a coolheaded decision. I've seen this happen way too often.

If you have solid proof of someone exploiting we ask you to file a ticket at support.dayzmod.com with the proof and we'll look into it.

As always, we cant discuss the outcome of an investigation but would like you all to know that we do take exploiting seriously and will give warnings and eventually bans for repeat offenders.

I'd also like to mention that players who see a serverhost abuse can file a ticket too about this to get a fair thirdparty view. We will either contact the serverhost or take action directly depending on severity of the issue.

http://dayzmod.com/f...gging__st__1120

link to his post

Hope you are ready to be judged...from what you did to this player is unjust and punishable since you are acting on your own, shur you are paying for the server but you still have rules to follow.

unbann the player and file a ticket Admin/owners

and as for you player who got banned, file a ticket agains teh server for admin abuse as its clearly agains the rules of DayZ

I will follow this post as to see the outcome and how JUST the system is in the DayZ world....

Edited by scypheroth

What I think is most ironic about this thread are the select few shouting that first-time-offense combat loggers should not be punished, but warned - and you're screaming like children to shut down the supposedly oppressive and unprofessional admins of US88.

If I'm using this forum, correctly, this is the only complaint I can find about this server.

you are making the server look really bad right now.

I consider US88 my home server. I'm not an admin or an HR guy, and if you're taking my post as a message from the admins then you're quite simply a fuckwit.

edit::

I will, however, defend the players / admins of US88 who are clearly becoming the subject of a despicable witch-hunt. I'm sure they'll sort out GhostHawk's ban when they're online, and I refer them to this thread shitfit.

Edited by Austin Wigley
  • Like 4

I consider US88 my home server. I'm not an admin or an HR guy, and if you're taking my post as a message from the admins then you're quite simply a fuckwit.

As I've stated, have the admins defend themselves, instead of yourself.

From my previous post, you should know that i understand that you are just some player on this server, but your statements are incorrect and are honestly making the server look bad.

Admins should have read the rules before opening the server, and therefor they are at fault.

• Like 1

What I think is most ironic about this thread are the select few shouting that first-time-offense combat loggers should not be punished, but warned - and you're screaming like children to shut down the supposedly oppressive and unprofessional admins of US88.

If I'm using this forum, correctly, this is the only complaint I can find about this server.

so what you are saying first time offenders shud be slapped on the hand? WELL FUCK imma go shoot sumone! ill only get a slap on the hand!

or better yet....

Ill go and rape a girl and kill her then bomb the white house! Dont worry im only a first time offender i shud just get a warning right?

Edited by scypheroth

combat logging isnt bannable though it is a exploite, rocket SPECIFICALY said its not bannable. So this server shud be shutdown or the admins removed since they have broken DayZ law. Now what i think shud happen is a STICKy topic where admisn post names of KNOWN combat loggers after a investigation, so that when it becomes a bannable offence guess what! BANNED

NOTE: im not pro combat log but i cant stand admisn who abuse there power...just as bad as hackers and should be punished accordingly

It's not abusing if you give them 2 warnings. Then last is a ban.

so what you are saying first time offenders shud be slapped on the hand? WELL FUCK imma go shoot sumone! ill only get a slap on the hand!

or better yet....

Ill go and rape a girl and kill her then bomb the white house! Dont worry im only a first time offender i shud just get a warning right?

?

I'm fairly sure I did not say any of that. There are other people in this thread shouting that combat loggers should not be punished at first sight, but warned. In the same breath, they're screaming for the shutdown of US 88 because an admin banned somebody for an apparently un-bannable offense.

Do you understand what I'm saying?

• Like 1

It's not abusing if you give them 2 warnings

It's abuse if you ban them for a non-bannable offense.

Sorry, going to have to deal with it.

• Like 1

?

I'm fairly sure I did not say any of that. There are other people in this thread shouting that combat loggers should not be punished at first sight, but warned. In the same breath, they're screaming for the shutdown of US 88 because an admin banned somebody for an apparently un-bannable offense.

The admins have been given strict rules that they must obey, or else they violate the TOS and will have their server shut down.

The example given by another fellow user, is a little extreme and i don't really follow it all that well.

You understand what I'm saying though right?

It's the admins duty to follow the strict guideline, or they will face punishment.

There are no excuses.

It's abuse if you ban them for a non-bannable offense.

Sorry, going to have to deal with it.

Everyone I fire at alt+f4's. Gotta love the BS...

It's a fair amount of people too.

Edited by Venzire
  • Like 2

The admins have been given strict rules that they must obey, or else they violate the TOS and will have their server shut down.

The example given by another fellow user, is a little extreme and i don't really follow it all that well.

You understand what I'm saying though right?

It's the admins duty to follow the strict guideline, or they will face punishment.

There are no excuses.

There are excuses for exploits and hacking, apparently.

• Like 1

There are excuses for exploits and hacking, apparently.

The using of exploits is a non-bannable offense.

So admins are powerless against them.

I'ts in the TOS.

Have a problem with it?

The using of exploits is a non-bannable offense.

So admins are powerless against them.

I'ts in the TOS.

Have a problem with it?

Yes, yes I do - but it's not my job to ban and unban people, and since I'm not an admin of any sort my opinion doesn't matter.

?

I'm fairly sure I did not say any of that.

yup you did, u said first time offenders shud not be punished...and since this is teh first tie this server has ever done this is shudnt be punished, or the player.

you INDEED DID say that....just thought id point it out that you DID say first time offenders shud not be punished but only warned...

Only the guilty would start linking posts and talking about shutting down a server. I bet if you banned these guys who defend dcers and want servers to be blacklisted, we would have a lot less to report for alt-f4ing.

• Like 3

yup you did, u said first time offenders shud not be punished...and since this is teh first tie this server has ever done this is shudnt be punished, or the player.

you INDEED DID say that....just thought id point it out that you DID say first time offenders shud not be punished but only warned...

No, I did not. I implied that it was hypocritical of the people screaming for the death of US88 to also state that combat loggers should not be punished.

• Like 1

combat logging isnt bannable though it is a exploite, rocket SPECIFICALY said its not bannable. So this server shud be shutdown or the admins removed since they have broken DayZ law. Now what i think shud happen is a STICKy topic where admisn post names of KNOWN combat loggers after a investigation, so that when it becomes a bannable offence guess what! BANNED

NOTE: im not pro combat log but i cant stand admisn who abuse there power...just as bad as hackers and should be punished accordingly

-_- They want to play like pussies idc, if they DC in front of me I warn them then if AGAIN kick Then AGAIN KICK I hope you understand why I'm so pissed off about it because they always alt+f4 everyone I shoot at is paranoid and DC's on first sign of danger.

• Like 2

Everyone I fire at alt+f4's. Gotta love the BS...

It's a fair amount of people too.

I feel for you.

I also feel for all the players unjustly banned by powertripping Admins.

Edited by Yurik

Hi Folks,

I just heard about this story recently, was directed to this thread, and I feel like I should step in here.

I am currently an Admin for US 88. I am not the main Admin, he is out of town at the moment. Me and one other person are maintaining the server while Aden is not around.

I was not online at the time of this incident, nor did I have anything to do with this ban. I'd like to be perfectly clear about that fact. I was not online at the time. I just found out about this, this morning.

I've read over the thread, and some other threads, and as far as I can tell, our other server admin did not have to right to ban GhostHawx1. While he shouldn't have banned you, he did at the time feel it was the right thing to do, and was not really aware that Combat logging was not a bannable offense.

So I would like to formally appologise, and I will remove the ban tonight. We hope this has not been a deterent for people to play on our server. We do not by any means abuse our admin privileges, and will ban when we feel like we have the right reason, and enough evidence.

I will be personally making sure that all of the admins (present, and future) are aware that while combat logging. while is considered an "exploit", it is not a bannable offense. From now on we will follow the directions that Ander posted here: http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/6718-disconnecting-to-avoid-death/page__st__1120#entry337225

Thank you.

• Like 13

Only the guilty would start linking posts and talking about shutting down a server. I bet if you banned these guys who defend dcers and want servers to be blacklisted, we would have a lot less to report for alt-f4ing.

so your saying everyone taht brings up lnks to other posts is a alt-f4er? im not defending the guy who combat logged im defending his right to be unbanned as its not a bannable offence....what if you got banned for killing a player? its not a bannable offence but it an still be done by a admin...

just saying two sides to a knife...you think the lawyer likes defending a guy who killed 40 ppl in a theater that were all watching batman?

I am defending the OP because he was banned unjustly.

However if you would prefer to have us all banned who wish to rid the world of Chernarus of corrupt admins, then have fun joining servers and getting banned because they dont want you taking their loot.

I do not ALT + F4 because i am a medic, i only carry around medical supplies and killing me is basically worthless because all your getting out of me is a morphine and blood bag, and as much as i hate those who abuse the system, they cannot be banned because of it.

The world is unfair, deal with it.

You are using a double edged blade.

Edited by PkStormx