GhostHawx1

Banned for combat logging

I was banned from US88 after a gunfight at Pobeda Dam in the early morning hours. Was firing on three guys, got shot up after one got dropped and ran off to bandage. Ate meat and spent ten minutes running around the mountain. Got to my secondary and everyone was gone. Both enemies, truck, and the guy that got shot. Two of my mates, Saiter and Codenamedalex, were killed there. I went down and checked for their bodies and they were hidden. I ran off into the woods and logged out. Get on this morning and was banned for combat logging. Whats going on? I was in for a minimum of fifteen minutes after the last shots were fired, and i ran and layed in a tree for another few just to chill out on mic. Sorry, should say I was only banned from us88 and im only banned from that server by battle eye.

EPILOGUE: I was banned because the guy that got his skull cracked, or one of the other two with LWS's, was or has admin rights. out of the four guys up there we had, and the three they had, I survived, and two of them did. Us88 admins, you guys are foul.

Edited by GhostHawx1

Hey, Ghost.

Just want to point out that you shot me in the face after I killed your mates in the truck, and I don't have admin rights.

*edit*: However, I will divulge that the three men we had at the dam [including myself] were confused as all hell as to how your truck survived both encounters with us without taking any damage. While I don't personally think that you're hacking, you combat logged rather promptly after shooting me in the face and taking fire from my mates.

You did not check the bodies, as they were never hidden. You are clearly mistaken as to the area of their death, because I assure you I wanted their gear very badly.

In regards to the truck, if it disappears upon the next server restart, I believe that will be sufficient evidence to request a permaban for you and your two mates, as well.

Edit: Logs say you didn't kill me. Irrelevant, but context matters.

Edited by Austin Wigley
  • Like 1

Also please note that the admin will determine whether or not to shorten the length of your temp-ban, as he's out of town for a couple weeks and there's sub-admins running the server right now.

They don't feel the need to respond to you, as I believe have server logs to prove that you combat logged, should they be needed.

Anyways, you're a bad shot with an [l85?] I believe you spent 9 rounds before you hit me, and that one appeared to be a lucky shot as I was sprinting all serpentine-style.

Hey, Ghost.

Just want to point out that you shot me in the face after I killed your mates in the truck, and I don't have admin rights.

*edit*: However, I will divulge that the three men we had at the dam [including myself] were confused as all hell as to how your truck survived both encounters with us without taking any damage. While I don't personally think that you're hacking, you combat logged rather promptly after shooting me in the face and taking fire from my mates.

You did not check the bodies, as they were never hidden. You are clearly mistaken as to the area of their death, because I assure you I wanted their gear very badly.

In regards to the truck, if it disappears upon the next server restart, I believe that will be sufficient evidence to request a permaban for you and your two mates, as well.

Win.

• Like 5

So far, it's just your word vs. his. Just because someone escapes a firefight, doesn't mean they combat logged. It is entirely possible to escape even a close quarters encounter, which I know from experience.

• Like 5

combat logging is as far as i know NOT a bannable offence....

• Like 3

Combat logging is not a bannable offense. Player should be unbanned regardless of what the admin thinks or how he feels.

Win.

Fail. He just admitted that the OP was banned for a non-bannable offense.

Edited by Vertisce
  • Like 4

combat logging is as far as i know NOT a bannable offence....

You are correct.

http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/1251-want-to-host-a-dayz-server-read-in-here/

- Their are only two reasons why you, as a server owner, should ban a player on your server. Those two reasons are: Malicious talk, and racism. You may not ban a user for stealing your loot, killing you, spying on you, etc.

• Like 4

- Their are only two reasons why you, as a server owner, should ban a player on your server. Those two reasons are: Malicious talk, and racism. You may not ban a user for stealing your loot, killing you, spying on you, etc.

Popular quote taken out of context for forum warriors attempting to legitimate their exploiting.

Rocket has specifically stated that combat logging is an exploit, and by common standards all exploitation done with intent (combat logging, duping and so on) are bannable offenses.

It should also be stated that if you truly believe that your "two reasons" are the correct reasons, then hacking is allowed as it's not stated as one of the two reasons stated.

In a different thread, I saw a Dev answered that server admins should provide proof to the dev's about the combat logging, if they have it.

In the end I'm unable to say what the official stance is, Rocket has stated specifically that alt-f4'ing is an exploit, however he has not stated (to my knowlege) specifically that admins are free to ban people for it.

By all means, they should be banned.. and repeat offenders should be banned globally.

Edited by Thornir
  • Like 7

Combat logging is not a bannable offence no.

But as of now, combat logging is not punishable by default. So admins take matters into their own hands.

I applaud them for doing so, I have been ambushed by and have attacked combat loggers... Damned pussies should rot.

• Like 8

Shut down server please, the admins are irresponsible and cant even follow simple rules.

• Like 2

http://dayzmod.com/f...-able-offenses/ Here's the link saying combat logging is a banable offense. Also I thought this was my server, granted I haven't banned anyone recently.

The link you provided did NOT state that combat logging is a banable offense....

It states...Updated 17th July: Please file a ticket to support.dayzmod.com with your evidence about people who DC to avoid death. This should preferably be accompanied by playerlogs, timestamp.

It doesnt say that server Admins can ban for this offense.....it says that server Admin shall make a ticket to support about it.

• Like 1

Posted 17 July 2012 - 09:32 AM

A clarification.

We dont want serverhosters to be the judge & executioneer (banning) due to the fact that it will get misused easily. It's sometimes hard for serverhosters to make a coolheaded decision. I've seen this happen way too often.

If you have solid proof of someone exploiting we ask you to file a ticket at support.dayzmod.com with the proof and we'll look into it.

As always, we cant discuss the outcome of an investigation but would like you all to know that we do take exploiting seriously and will give warnings and eventually bans for repeat offenders.

I'd also like to mention that players who see a serverhost abuse can file a ticket too about this to get a fair thirdparty view. We will either contact the serverhost or take action directly depending on severity of the issue.

http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/6718-disconnecting-to-avoid-death/page__st__1120#entry337225

• Like 1

Read Whole Post

If you don't want the server admins to keep the server clean go fuck your selves, we all try to keep it a clean and fun experience without dickheads. If people combat log on me and they mostly do ALOT I'm most of the time recording my raids so I just ban them. I've not gotten into many firefights but if they do combat log they're gone and told to find another server and if they do not comply bye bye for them. First a warning, second time kick next time ban that's the way the system should work.

• Like 4

Why oh why are combat loggers getting worshipped and protected... :( They all need go away! :C

Edited by Venzire
  • Like 2

combat logging isnt bannable though it is a exploite, rocket SPECIFICALY said its not bannable. So this server shud be shutdown or the admins removed since they have broken DayZ law. Now what i think shud happen is a STICKy topic where admisn post names of KNOWN combat loggers after a investigation, so that when it becomes a bannable offence guess what! BANNED

NOTE: im not pro combat log but i cant stand admisn who abuse there power...just as bad as hackers and should be punished accordingly

Edited by scypheroth

Shut down server please, the admins are irresponsible and cant even follow simple rules.

Can you read?

Jackass. Would you prefer to leave a server unattended?

Also please note that the admin will determine whether or not to shorten the length of your temp-ban, as he's out of town for a couple weeks and there's sub-admins running the server right now.

Edit:

Another guy who can't read:

combat logging isnt bannable though it is a exploite, rocket SPECIFICALY said its not bannable. So this server shud be shutdown or the admins removed since they have broken DayZ law. Now what i think shud happen is a STICKy topic where admisn post names of KNOWN combat loggers after a investigation, so that when it becomes a bannable offence guess what! BANNED

Edited by Austin Wigley
  • Like 1

Can you read?

Jackass. Would you prefer to leave a server unattended?

Edit:

Show me where it says that admins are allowed to ban players for combat logging.

As for now i believe your server should be black listed/shut down since you are breaking the rules that have been stated multiple times in this thread already.

If you have a problem with people logging off during combat, then file a support ticket and they will take care of it.

in other words admins are not to take action against them.

The owner would be at fault here because he put immature admins on his server, I feel sorry for him because his server is going to get a black mark because he left a few idiots in charge.

Edited by PkStormx
  • Like 2

you are breaking the rules

If anything, I believe it would be singular, not plural.

In case you, too, cannot read - I am not an admin, and have stated that I am not an admin.

edit:

I believe if there's a problem involving GhostHawk's ban, it can be relayed to the admin to deal with when they're online - or you could all feel free to go on the server's public TS and shit those channels up instead of these nice DayZ forums. I'm sure an admin will come around eventually that you can talk to.

I'm sure that most of these thread posters' audible grammar is better than written, anyways.

Edited by Austin Wigley

oh i can read...but its still abuse, i JUSt read the post about banning for combat logging and NO WHERE does it say its a bannable offence, you got killed plain n simple dont liek it go cry about it. If i was this user i would file a ticket with dayz dev team agains teh server for abuse and to show proof that i was combat logging and such...cuz here we got two stories....you say he logged off IMMEDIETLY after HE is saying he was on for 10 mins b 4 logging...who do we believe?

Now i have had issues with admins before so i have a hard time believeing them unless shows the log as proof, i even got some servers shud down for admin abuse due to banning for clan members and rage cuz they just got killed.

OH YES I CAN READ

but i can not acknowledge you as you are one voice and his is also one voice.

So i simple say again....

got Proof? otherwise this ban is unjust and i hope the banned user files a complaint agains the server with a DayZ Dev, unless proof is shown...

Its one think for adins to say " the log shows you ______, so you are banned"

what is stopping me from saying that you didnt even check it and are just saying that cuz your on a power high?

physical proof of the log is needed....

So basically....Put up or STFU

P.S in the previous post i did i say this to you Austin Wigley.....WAS I TALKING TO YOU!?!?

you sinply assumed i was talking to you i guess since u pointed out i cant read....i coudnt give a shit if you are a admin or not...i wasnt talkign to you i was talking to the Op and Admins of the server and thus dosnt not reflect to you

Edited by scypheroth
  • Like 1

-- you got killed plain n simple dont liek it go cry about it.

-- show proof that i was combat logging and such...

---cuz your on a power high?

---physical proof of the log is needed....

- I don't believe I cried about dying. My character was a couple hours old, no biggie.

- I'm sure the admin would be happy to comply. I don't think it's your responsibility to ask for the logs, I believe that falls on the shoulders of GhostHawk.

- I don't have any admin powers. I just play on the server.

- Yes, you've mentioned that.

• Like 1