GhostHawx1

Banned for combat logging

It needs replies, honestly. And this issue needs to be front paged.

Sure, Rocket and his team are placing a system to take care of it, but in the meantime, players are suffering because of the idiocy of a few. There are very few things that cause frustration, personally, in video games.

Exploiting and hacking are the two. But what agitates me to no end is the lack of control the admins have over their own servers.

If it were up to me, there wouldn't even be a discussion. If I saw a log that had you logging out even within one minute of a firefight, you'd be gone, plain and simple.

"Admins are ruining the game with bans," I see that a lot. Okay, I'll admit there are a few bad apples out there. Chances are they are alt+4ers themselves on other servers, but there are also admins like the fine people of the server in question. They want to create an environment that people can enjoy and alt+f4ers, ghosts and script kids are ruining that fun for EVERYONE, including themselves (the game loses all purpose when you do crap like this).

To recap: Give admins the power they need, hurry up with this so called "fix" that's in the works, and until you have it, make events like these bannable. I don't personally know anyone on US88, never played there, and have no stock in this argument other than the fact that my own server experiences a lot of this. Even if it already is a hot button issue, it still should be thrown in the devs' faces everytime they log onto the forums.

As I understand it, even if you do file a ticket, either nothing happens or it takes so long that the issue becomes irrelevant.

• Like 4

I don't personally know anyone on US88, never played there, and have no stock in this argument other than the fact that my own server experiences a lot of this.

You should come play with us. I've invited people to our public TS like four times in this thread, gotten no takers - not even the people who appear to be completely assmad at me.

As for the accusations of hacking/spawning that I've seen in IRC as well as this thread, I spent four hours with two admins looking for a functioning boat and hiding from a goddamn death train of a guy on a tractor and a bicycle.

Why was I looking for a boat? To find a helicopter.

So, to reiterate - I would really like it if the guys who think our admins spawn shit in would just shove my newfound helicopter up their ass.

<-- This is what happens when you drive a hacked vehicle, regardless of who spawned it. [Note, it wasn't us]

Yes I run the game in 800x600 fuck off

[bump]

Edited by Austin Wigley

Yeah lets have a list of names! I wonder how many times the name "user" pops up :) Names just doesnt cut it and is a brainless idea xD

Absolutely fucking brainless. I personally have met a character with alts who have the same name - names are useless. I hope he means "IP", but retroactive banning is fucking retarded anyway

I'm a troll because I'm right and you're wrong. Okay.

Evidence that US 88 was running without sig-checking?

None?

There we go.

edit: bumplol

Edited by Austin Wigley
  • Like 1

This is getting old. Its done, ban lifted, the Admins listened to me, it got straightened out. Whats the problem here? I wasnt planning on looking at this again but I had to. Look, maybe the Admins have too little power, or maybe too much. But regardless its all at their whim. Comes down to personality. Like adding cute little smile faces after the YOU BEEN BANNED FOR COMBAT LOGGING screen. Rage ban? " We're going to get the logs and report you for driving a hacked truck", not Im going to check the logs and see what happened...... conclusions jumped to are never reached. You get a Admin, like UBCS Ravin, he resets his server on time, lists everything, answers when you email him, and used to issue bans for people who dc'd in pvp. They, Dayz Devs, FORCED HIM TO STOP IT AND LIFT THE BANS. We went to UBCS because he could and would do it, ban you for being a dick and ghosting or dcing. Admins are people too, and not infallible. They, us 88, did the right thing in my case. And Austin, you were speaking for the Admins, because it was a long time before they got in contact with me. So yeah it was your mouthpiece I read the most. Speaking as you did, when you couldnt prove or disprove anything about me? Saying they were and they think and they said..... You couldnt just keep it real with me and say sorry dude, its all effed up, sorry you got blamed for shit you didnt do........ so yeah. All of you or any of you can make of this what you want. us 88, thanks for a few great days of play, had fun, sorry about the misunderstanding and thank you for listening to me and rectifying the situation on your server. Rest of you? It wasnt about you, or attacking admins or US88. SOOOOOO STFU AND GO PLAY COD.

• Like 1

- " We're going to get the logs and report you for driving a hacked truck", not Im going to check the logs and see what happened......

-And Austin, you were speaking for the Admins,

- Incorrect, sir. I said that if the server restarted and the truck my mates acquired from you disappeared, I was going to report your group for hacking in vehicles, because I said that was potential evidence. I don't have access to the logs, it wouldn't be up to me to go check them and see who spawned in a truck. :/ [Which clearly, you did not. My group was under the assumption that the truck may have been hacked in because it had no damage when I got in it, but it has been explained to me by RagoTag that the truck is glitched and autorepairs, like many vehicles.]

-Also incorrect, sir. I did not once say something an admin told me to say, because I was in this thread of my own accord and forwarded the thread to SolarFlare to deal with when he logged in. :/ I was under the impression you were rightfully banned for combat logging, as that's what I was told - but I am now under the impression that I was utterly wrong.

I don't really know what the issue in this thread is, now, but as long as people continue to post false information about US 88 [like, for example, user "Chernarus" or "James",] I will be there to shit that thread up.

My offer for people to come play / talk with us still stands, but it appears that some users would rather stay in this thread and IRC where they can quietly try to get a server blacklisted.

Hopefully we will battle again, one day, GhostHawk. See you around. edit: You have my beans.

Edited by Austin Wigley

props to the admin that popped in, you did the right thing under the circumstances, if i played US servers youd have just got a new regular player

now IF the log shows he did combat log, report him for double props

• Like 1

props to the admin that popped in, you did the right thing under the circumstances, if i played US servers youd have just got a new regular player

now IF the log shows he did combat log, report him for double props

DID YOU NOT READ ANYTHING? READ ALL OF IT ITS PEOPLE LIKE YOU THAT KEEP STIRRING IT ALL UP. RETARDED MUCH?

• Like 1

Much anger in you I sense.

Edited by ninjaholic
  • Like 3

DID YOU NOT READ ANYTHING? READ ALL OF IT ITS PEOPLE LIKE YOU THAT KEEP STIRRING IT ALL UP. RETARDED MUCH?

nope :P

and not stirring up anything except maybe ya caps lock ;-)

good admin is good and deserveres a well done,

• Like 2

Us88 Is a stand up server. I had fun and got alot of loot, good player interaction, trolled a few into the woods so my partners could snipe them from 827 yards out. Admins are online and attentive to the problems of the players. I got banned and it was lifted, after they checked the logs, and they know I was in posession of a glitched self repairing IronMan style vehicle.... NOT A HACKED ONE. It has been proven to my satisfaction that someof you are total retards who keep sending me mail telling me to blacklist it. Screw a porcupine. Why, if it was fixed, would you break it again? Stop with the trolling my email. lmao, delete button got overtime.

• Like 1

Us88 Is a stand up server. I had fun and got alot of loot, good player interaction, trolled a few into the woods so my partners could snipe them from 827 yards out. Admins are online and attentive to the problems of the players. I got banned and it was lifted, after they checked the logs, and they know I was in posession of a glitched self repairing IronMan style vehicle.... NOT A HACKED ONE. It has been proven to my satisfaction that someof you are total retards who keep sending me mail telling me to blacklist it. Screw a porcupine. Why, if it was fixed, would you break it again? Stop with the trolling my email. lmao, delete button got overtime.

I just want to point out that while I don't want you to try and get US 88 blacklisted, you totally have the right to file a complaint. Up to you, mate, you'd still have my beans. Sorry that this garbage didn't get fixed, more quickly.

I got banned and it was lifted, after they checked the logs,

Oh, also, like I mentioned earlier - the context of the situation matters. The admin who B& you has apparently banned / assisted in the tracking / global ban of something like 20-30 ACTUAL hackers, people who do things like wallhacks or spawning in helicopters - so he doesn't seem like such a bad guy to me. Obviously a lapse in judgement occurred, however. It's good to know that when somebody is unjustly banned, it's righted by another admin who double-checks.

Fortunately, some of us US 88 guys pay attention to the ban appeal list, just in case.

Edited by Austin Wigley
  • Like 1

admins on this server alt-f4 all the time. Hopefully something will be done to bring this server off the list. One of the biggest power abusing servers i have been on in the last couple weeks.

admins on this server alt-f4 all the time. Hopefully something will be done to bring this server off the list. One of the biggest power abusing servers i have been on in the last couple weeks.

Evidence?

Edit: I'm especially curious since this is a "hardcore" server - no 3rd person, tags, or crosshairs. I imagine it's awfully difficult to identify who's standing in front of you and disconnecting.

Addendum: Just because he's in ghillie doesn't make him an admin.

Edited by Austin Wigley

why do i need evidence?

its quite obvious the admins on this server ban with no evidence why should the player need evidence to call them out?

hmmm

If you are accusing someone of doing something then YOU should provide the proof. Pretty basic...innocent until proven guilty. If an admin bans you then he is accusing you of something that he needs to prove to be validated. If you accuse the admin then the converse applies and you need to provide the proof. The accused is not required to prove his innocence but doing so never hurts. That's just how it is.

• Like 1

If you are accusing someone of doing something then YOU should provide the proof. Pretty basic...innocent until proven guilty. If an admin bans you then he is accusing you of something that he needs to prove to be validated. If you accuse the admin then the converse applies and you need to provide the proof. The accused is not required to prove his innocence but doing so never hurts. That's just how it is.

yet in this thread admins are banning people on this server with no evidence.

if thats the case why should a player need evidence to call them out for abuse of power and alt-f4ing?

yet in this thread admins are banning people on this server with no evidence.

if thats the case why should a player need evidence to call them out for abuse of power and alt-f4ing?

I saw you teleporting around and invisible yesterday. I think you had some hacked weapons also, but you combat logged before I could get a good look.

• Like 1

I saw you teleporting around and invisible yesterday. I think you had some hacked weapons also, but you combat logged before I could get a good look.

and....

BANNED because im an admin and im a dick.

This server needs to come off the list.

and....

BANNED because im an admin and im a dick.

This server needs to come off the list.

So, what you're saying is, you're a fucking moron?

Did I read that correctly? Did he miss the "ban reversed" bit? He thought he had evidence, you fuckwit - he was *WRONG*.

Edited by Austin Wigley

Did I read that correctly? Did he miss the "ban reversed" bit? He thought he had evidence, you fuckwit - he was *WRONG*.

Are you STILL arguing in this thread? You really should just give up.