Sign in to follow this  
She'llberight

Why does it take ten mins to log in and why is there no loot?

It is taking me ten minutes to log in to any server and when I get in there is no loot anywhere. Sometimes I see loot and then I come back and its disappeared, like a whole supermarket full, gone.

Anyone else having these issues?

I made a thread about this before and some people said server owners can set their servers to make loot despawn if someone logs into the area to prevent server hopping.

Edited by Sakeoe

some servers take 20 seconds to log in some take 10 minutes. if you wait a minute or two items will spawn in an area.

20seconds? maybe 5-6 patches ago. rocket needs to wake up and upgrade the hives hardware already to handle the amount of people playing the game. cannot play until login times are fixed.

• Like 3

Something is apparently fubar with loot spawns. Yesterday I played off and on all day on the same server. The supermarket in this particular town I was in had the same loot all day. If something changed it just changed to tin cans. I killed zeds in the supermarket and came back 2 hours later from another town that was empty also. The zed were still lying there AFTER TWO FREAKIN HOURS! One had a bandage on him and the other had a tin can. The same thing with all the other loot spots in the town including the church and the houses.

I thought the server was supposed to re spawn loot every twenty minutes or so when you got within 200 or so meters but it is not working.

Something is out of whack with loot spawns.

• Like 1

I have also been encountering continuous areas with no loot at all or just crappy stuff. usually just empty. just happening a lot more now.

maybe this story about despawning if you spawn into that area is partly the explanation

Edited by Clatterbridge

Loot can de-spawn if you log into a building. Seen that happen. Just leave and come back and it should be populated with new stuff. The issue I am encountering is loot not spawning or changing at all for hours... The same loot that was on the server LAST NIGHT is still there this morning and probably will be until the server restarts at noon. Maybe this particular server needs to restart more often. Once per day seems insufficient to keep things fresh.

Edited by rjack85

I've had mixed loots. The first time I went to the army barracks at NWA, there was an M4A1 CCO SD, 2 AK variants and a shotgun. Next time I went, no weapons and almost no ammo as well. Third time, I think 1 weapon etc. I haven't seen a good spawn at the barracks since that first visit. And it's unlikely it was all taken because I generally play on servers with less than 10 people, and there's no way someone could carry all the loot. Sometimes there's not even any empty tin cans.

I got lucky this morning as well. New spawn (after being killed by hacker), head to firestation north of Elektro, find an M9 SD, DMR and AK-74 all with ammo. Was so happy.

So, as I said, mixed bag.

I've seen it happen when a server is full or near full. no loot and sometimes no zombies. there's usually other symptoms, like random lag, and it taking a long time to pick up items. I think it may mean they need to reset the server, or the server just can't take the load of that many players