skurcey

Remove chopper radar

It s pretty much cheated and is totally a game breaker. You can see all the camps that have vehicles, all the destroyed choppers, and ammo are refilled at each restart server.

(if it s hard coded, maybe you could put a blank image on top of it)

If you manage to get a chopper you should be rewarded, so leave it i say

since vehicles were removed i say remove choppers completely.

why would some elitist clan members be allowed to use what "regular" players cant ?

If you manage to get a chopper you should be rewarded' date=' so leave it i say

[/quote']

Your reward is the chopper.

You get guns, transportation, storage, and most importantly--the ability to stay so far off the main map when you're not using it that you're pretty much able to set up an unreachable base.

You honestly think that you need more reward for what could be considered stumbling on a lucky spawn? Really?

Well, i m not sure of this, but it s totally unreallistic no?

It s not a metal detector, how could a radar spot a vehicle hidden in a forest?

If you could see only heated up vehicle, i would still think it could be possible but this ...

Well' date=' i m not sure of this, but it s totally unreallistic no?

It s not a metal detector, how could a radar spot a vehicle hidden in a forest?

If you could see only heated up vehicle, i would still think it could be possible but this ...

[/quote']

A vehicle could easily be picked up in a forest like that. look up SAR and GPR Radars. ;) Radar is an amazing tool. SAR can even penetrate the ground to an extent picking up objects in bunkers.

@unsobill

Elitist clan members? i think you mean people working together... get some friends on skype, work as a team and you could have one to!

Im a regular player, and have found one, got shot before i got to it. but also found a bus, and drove it... got sick cus it had no windshield lol... but vehicles were still there as of yesterday.

@DrBowe

The spawns arent just random, and are often camped. You also put a big target on your back. Choppers have radar, its a fact, why would they not just because some zombies popped up?

I dont know what Rockets back story on the Zs is but im pretty sure its not, hey other zombies lets start an uprise, but first lets take the chopper radars away. :P

If you're not good enough to get one yourself, dont sook about the people who are.

@DrBowe

The spawns arent just random' date=' and are often camped. You also put a big target on your back. Choppers have radar, its a fact, why would they not just because some zombies popped up?

I dont know what Rockets back story on the Zs is but im pretty sure its not, hey other zombies lets start an uprise, but first lets take the chopper radars away. :P

If you're not good enough to get one yourself, dont sook about the people who are.

[/quote']

I'm sorry, what? You do realize this is still a game, no? This game strives for realism, sure, but balance has to come into play as well. When you get a chopper, your 'reward' should be that chopper. Nothing more to it.

You should not be able to then fly around and find hidden camps, stockpile vehicles, and just cause general havoc all around. Rocket himself said he likes to switch around spawns to mix things up, so Heli's are not always set spawns--though there are some common spots. In any case, there is no such thing as 'being good enough' to get a chopper. There is only numbers. You need multiple people to lock down a heli spawn, there is hardly ever skill involved. Sure, if your sniper is a bad shot, it could be argued in that way.

Anyways, my point here is that this is a game where you should be struggling to survive at all points in time. As it stands now, a properly used Heli can be considered 'set for life', provided you make your base of operations far, FAR off the map. I really don't think this suits the spirit of the mod, but opinions will be opinions.

Wasn't aware that the radar showed locations of supplies and other vehicle spawns. I would say take it out. Your reward is the chopper itself, which can be a pretty big game changer in its own right.

Wow really? Thats a little bit over the top, now a lone wolf or anyone else that doesn't have an army behind him to protect 24/7 that tent+truck that you carefully hidden somewhere deep in the forest will always get his loot vehicule stolen, how great is that?

NOT super duper bqqsauce greatish. :'(

I can agree with this for sure. That technology isnt included in your basic huey configuration, certainly not from a 3rd world apocalypse country.