Mahne

Deaf Gamer

I played with no sound for about two weeks before i fixed the issue. It was defiantly playable, the only time i really felt it was a problem was to hear gun shots.

I would say as a deaf gamer you've probably learnt to adapt your gameplay to compensate, so will be the same in Dayz. Of course it will be a challenge as audio does play a large part, but you'll adapt to the challenge as i'm sure you do in real life when your disability presents you with problems.

Oh and welcome.

Edited by z-layrex

This game is meant to be a realistic zombie apocalypse simulation. You are deaf in real life and thus will be deaf in the simulation. Will it make surviving more difficult? Yes. Will it be less realistic? No. I don't want to sound chavalier or insensitive, but this is according to facts as you've presented them.

Enjoy the challenge =) I sometimes play with the sound off when I'm watching a movie. Stick to low population servers if you're scared. Otherwise, go @#$! some people up!

I'd recommend looking around at various guides / wikis to give yourself an extra edge.

Also, check out DayZDB Map. Make sure to read the second line that appears when you first spawn to locate yourself.

Good luck out there. And stay away from me! Nobody takes my beans... nobody!

if you play on " recruit " level servers, you are given lots of visual indications which will certainly help level the playing field somewhat, on more advanced settings these go away placing you at a disadvantage i'd imagine..

Those worst community ever posts are just rage quits from people hoping for this type of game but in an easier fashion.

Old school game nerds are the most friendly ;]