Sign in to follow this  
federik21

How the player's health should be restored

eating sucks.

When I shoot others, and I got some shots on me, I just GNAM GNAM GNAM 10 cooked meat in my backback and restore completely my life.

What is this s*it?

Instead, there should be another way (of course linked to eating and methabolism), to restore your blood.

I suggest to have a Im-Full-meter , so it can show you how much you can eat, and how fast.

And also not an instatly boot of your blood, but a sort of regeneration, slow regeneration, that goes on for a while (tens of minutes).

For Example, only eating stuff, you will recover your health from 2000 fully within at least 4 hours in game, or more.

Here comes the necessity to cooperate again, with bloodpack for example, but i think transfution sucks too.

The health should be stabilized over a medium of the two "patients".

For Example, if i have 2000 and the other guy 12000, we will both have 7000 in the end, and we should recover very slow our health by relaxing for a while, like in the real life.

Blood grouping is realistic, but it will be too hard to play with an only friend, and start to search more persons... wait, this isn't a bad idea through...

Edited by federik21
  • Like 3

I think you have the right idea. Might be a little on the harsh side but a good starting point.

Great starting point. Its alpha stage that we need to throw some crazy shit into the game for tests. Because once this shit hits beta. We get fucked out of any intense changes.

Wait, you get life back by eating...?

I'm new to the game, and this would have saved my life!

Yea, eating coocked meat gives you 800 blood back.

When you have a box of matches, hunting knife and hatchet (very early), just found a cow and kill it.

Harvest wood and cook meat, take always in your main inventory at least 6 cooked meat (=+4800 health).

Perfect main inventory (for me) is 3 mags for your main weapon, 1 painkiller, 1 morphine, 8 raw meat and a free slot, everything else in backpack.

Okay good idea but it may be too punishing.

DayZ is also played solo, so if this was implemented, the solo players will be at a disadvantage.

I know DayZ is trying to take on a real-life-zombie-apocalypse-simulation but it's still a game and should be enjoyable. This might ruin the gameplay :|

I think it should be a bit similar to Minecraft; if you're well fed and watered your blood slooowly increases, but if you're full you can't eat anymore meat/beans.

I think it should be a bit similar to Minecraft; if you're well fed and watered your blood slooowly increases, but if you're full you can't eat anymore meat/beans.

Exactly what I said in the main post.

Plus the transfution thing :)

Okay good idea but it may be too punishing.

DayZ is also played solo, so if this was implemented, the solo players will be at a disadvantage.

I know DayZ is trying to take on a real-life-zombie-apocalypse-simulation but it's still a game and should be enjoyable. This might ruin the gameplay :|

Man, in a zed's apocalipse you won't stay alone, you will always need somebody that watches your back while you are sleeping...

If you get yourself badly hurt, it's not a surprise you will need help from anybody to return full operational ASAP

Edited by federik21

I like the idea of blood always regenerating if well fed and hydrated a very nice idea.

I've thought of a system in which blood/health, food and water work as 3 separate "life meters". Blood always regenerates SLOWLY and if hydrated and well fed. Poorly fed or dehysdrated doesn't drain blood, but slows or stops blood regen.

Realistically a person can spend weeks witohut food before they die, howver the player that is poorly fed will take performance penalties, both in blood regen as mentioned and stamina and perhaps aim etc. Water the same thing except it takes way less, like a couple of days, to die and cause penalties.

Food and water does not regen health by itself but keeps health regen at full pace.

Blood packs and other consumables that need a second player to administer should be available to soloers as well, but perhaps at a price. Something like a player being able to administer blood transfusion to themselves but for isntance it either regains half the points back or perhaps takes 2 or 4 times as long to administer. This is merely to not exclude solo play as viable while still exposing its handicaps.

just my opinion on the mater.

Cheers guys.

Not sure about the transfusion thing. The blood is coming from the blood bag, not the other player. Why would he lose blood?

I think there should be a small insta blood regen when you first eat, then slow blood regen while your food and drink icons are both green though.

Edited by mZLY

I have lost count of the times this idea has been suggested, but yes, it is a very good idea in my opinion.

Yea, i know, but...

Why it's not in game?

Why it isn't officially planned?