Sign in to follow this  
Fenwich

Spawning in a building that players are looting

So I went into a supermarket the other day, and for some reason there was nothing spawned in it at all. No tin cans, no anything. I knew I was the only one in town because there weren't any zombies until I got there.

Anyway, I logged out in the back of the supermarket thinking I'd get a chance to loot stuff next time I logged on. Well, tonight, I logged into the supermarket with a huge road flare turning everything red on the other side of the wall. Obviously, other players were nearby.

I felt like it might be unfair to shoot them since I had just spawned in, but they came into the back where I was and left me no choice. They had to be pretty surprised that I was in there, as it was the middle of the night and I had no light at all. I felt bad after killing them.

Please, help me justify the murders I have committed!

Oh me, there were 2 of them, I don't think they even saw me in the corner.

Edit: And to be fair, they were both carrying guns. It still feels like kind of a bitch thing to do, maybe I should've just logged off and gone to a different server.

Edited by Fenwich

Fair game.

They could've easily shot you while you were loading in (if they would've seen you first) and left you like: "Wow, I just spawned in and some asshole kills me before I have a chance". Luckily for you, it worked out in your favor this time. In the future, play it safe and logout in a less popular location (such as in the forest).

• Like 3

Oh me, there were 2 of them, I don't think they even saw me in the corner.

Edit: And to be fair, they were both carrying guns. It still feels like kind of a bitch thing to do, maybe I should've just logged off and gone to a different server.

Well I guess this has been said too many times in the DayZ forums but...

Kill or be killed.

I would had shot you if I saw you with a gun in the corner, in fact I'd cough my heart out in surprise.

And a tip... Do not disconnect in looting buildings ESPECIALLY in a Supermarket.

Edited by Etmer

If they've played DayZ long enough they won't get attached to their characters. It's okay. =]

Edit:

And yes kill or be killed. You would have been zombie food if you hadn't shot em'!

Edited by CerebralZombie

Fair game.

They could've easily shot you while you were loading in (if they would've seen you first) and left you like: "Wow, I just spawned in and some asshole kills me before I have a chance". Luckily for you, it worked out in your favor this time. In the future, play it safe and logout in a less popular location (such as in the forest).

Best comment ever

• Like 1

Fair game.

I shall take this advice to heart! Thanks =)

Han shot first.

I would say it was justyfied. They would have probably shot you.

However I would recomend you to always log out in the woods -> no problem.

I have what could be the same predicament staring me in the face next time I play. I was booted from 3 servers (weird battleye errors) while inside one of the hangers at NW airfield. One of the times I spawned in there was a raging gun battle going on outside. I stayed hunkered down for about 2 mins till I got the boot. Another time I watched a guy get sniped within a minute of loading in... then I crashed.

I completely refuse to join an unpopulated server just to get out of it. I went in there knowing this could happen and will have fun trying to get out of it!

Should be an interesting escape tonight.