Sign in to follow this  
lewis.hopkins@hotmail.co.uk

Climbing Trees

Hello:)

I was thinking another cool way to get a vantage point on a town or escape zombies is to be able to climb trees. When climbing you could fall out and break your legs, this would mean that people couldn't sit up in a tree for hours.

What do you think?:)

• Like 1

I think you dont entirely understand the constraints involved with how a mod works.....

I mean that it's a mod. They dont have access to the source code for the arma engine. This could be done in standalone with a lot of additional code, but where we are at now, this is not even possible. Other than that, it's a fine idea.

Hooray! Another way to brake my legs. At this rate there's not going to be enough morphine on the planet to keep me vertical.

• Like 2

worry not OP, this is a good suggestion, i did a thread on parkour a bit ago which might be a lil excessive a term but generally i think there should be alot more dynamic movement in a dynamic destructible environment.

+1

Yay more camping -_-

Oh and the trees would need a lot more detail before any logical climbing could be done.

I wondered if a rope with 'hook' may be a work around in regards to this, see currently the 'hatched' already needs you to be in the woods near a tree (i think atleast the tree needs to be close, i should test this :P anyways: ), so if the game can detect if you are near a tree, then you could toss a rope which has a 'ladder' script attached to it, and it would allow you to climb the rope into the tree :)

• Like 1

The 'rope with a hook' idea could also be used to get onto the roofs of the buildings in Chernarus. I've had much fun using Victor Farbaus 'VFLadderProject' addon to get on to the roofs in Sahrani and it definately makes thing more interesting.

Another idea is for some way to get onto the roof of the International Hotel in Chernogorsk without using a helicopter. It's one of the best vantage points in Cherno yet is inaccessable! (Somebody 'forgot' to make the hotel lift-shafts accessable, the ladder at the rear of the foyer is unusable and so is the lightning conductor which goes all the way up to the roof and the other smaller similarly-unusable ladder which can be found there. (Why haven't these little problems been fixed?)

The M14 rifle has an attachment called the 'Mk 87 Mod 1 line (rope) throwing kit' previously used by the US Navy or there is the 'H&R Bridger Line Throwing Gun' which are used to fire a small diameter line which in turn is used to pull up the larger diameter rope.

Or there's the 'Plumett AL52 air launcher' which fires a grappling hook.

Could these be modded for DayZ or Arma2/3?

Edited by will(uk)