Sign in to follow this  
NoseDragon

Medics: When to shoot?

I patched up a broken leg at Zelenogorsk a few hours ago, and we went off into a field to cook some steaks. After the meal, we decided to loot. I went to go grab a tent I had seen in the store, the other guy started heading across the field, when I saw another survivor, crouched and looking at me about 100m off.

I ducked behind a wall and checked my flank. He was gone, but I kept my eyes open. I tried hailing him, but no response. My buddy sighted him coming around to my flank, so I headed out. He came around the corner with a Lee Enfield about 80m away and I dropped him with my AKM.

I don't like to kill on sight, but I felt like I had to. How have you guys reacted in similar situations?

It is very dangerous to be a lone medic. I appreciate U trying to help others, that is the same business I am in. But when U come across someone that doesn't respond to you saying "friendly" or whatever phrase U use, then what are his intentions? Especially if he is armed and trying to sneak around U. If he meant no harm then he would have move away from U are lower his weapon, hell even put it away for a moment and try typing to U. It is always best to travel in a group and help others just in-case U find yourself in that kind of situation again ;)

• Like 1

i was busy looting elektro when i spotted a survivor crawling through a house. as i went after him i realized he had a broken leg and offered my help if and only if he would put the weapon he had into his backpack. but as he said he only had the coyote backpack and wasn't able of doing so, so i told him i would help him anyways if he would not turn around to me but look in the other direction... he agreed and i went forward to help him.

as i wanted to leave the house backwards he turned around looked at me with his lee enfield in his hands so i shot him screaming "i told you to not turn around!".

he went unconscious and i went the hell out of elektro..

since then i got some sort of trust issues i guess :(

Since I'm too paranoid in this game, I tend to leave survivors alone... If I accidently bump into them & they have a gun, I shoot them. I haven't had anyone stalking me on my travels to patients so far except a few people who I avoided by using the ghillie suit :P

i was busy looting elektro when i spotted a survivor crawling through a house. as i went after him i realized he had a broken leg and offered my help if and only if he would put the weapon he had into his backpack. but as he said he only had the coyote backpack and wasn't able of doing so, so i told him i would help him anyways if he would not turn around to me but look in the other direction... he agreed and i went forward to help him.

as i wanted to leave the house backwards he turned around looked at me with his lee enfield in his hands so i shot him screaming "i told you to not turn around!".

he went unconscious and i went the hell out of elektro..

since then i got some sort of trust issues i guess :(

Been there :)

Thats a common story in DayZ, you help out and get bitten in the arse right afterwards...

Thats why I prefer travelling with atleast 1 other trusted person, to cover your back as i don't like to KoS either.

Been there :)

Thats a common story in DayZ, you help out and get bitten in the arse right afterwards...

Thats why I prefer travelling with atleast 1 other trusted person, to cover your back as i don't like to KoS either.

usually i'm with 3 to 4 other guys as well but it seems that every time i would need that backup i'm playing alone

The Geneva convention says never.

Regrettably both Zombinia and Bandtopia are not signatories of the Geneva Convention.

OT If you have tried talking to them with no response, they are sneaking around you and they are armed your better off shooting and taking no chances.

Medics and Doc's provide a valuable service and so you should be ready to defend that service if it feels threatened.

Yet we're able to arm medics in self-defense.

The Geneva convention allows medical personnel to carry arms and they are allowed to use it in self defence and in the defence of their patient.

Edited by Cerberus_25