Sign in to follow this  
carnosaurus

You've got to be kidding me....

I had a really good start, not only did I find a Sub-Machine but I also found a GPS. I searched through two towns, and come to find out no food or water was to be found. I killed 7 zombies but all I got was an empty tin can and an M1911 mag. In a panic I mistakenly ran on the road and a zombie 50 feet away ran after me... for 10 minutes.

I eventually died of thirst, but it wouldn't have mattered anyway because my character was starving too. Seriously, who dies of thirst and starvation in 45 minutes? Very realistic. <_<

I dunno about you man, but running around for hours with nothing but cans of beans and shitty soda/water can wear you down pretty quickly.

I have an idea. Have a canned bean diet, drink only unfiltered tap water and/or soda, and run around for 45 minutes and tell me how you feel.

Good thing this is only a video game and not real life! But that is what you want... right?

• Like 2

If you don't like it go play another game.

^Age old reply to such threads, well said.

Edited by Buddha

Keep yet beans and bean diet.. I could eat cooked meat 3 meals a day with water/pepsi/coke/mt. dew and be just fine. Hell, who wouldn't enjoy a stockpile full of cooked steaks?!

• Like 2

A good start is matches, hatchet, hunting knife, and water bottle. Go scavange food and water. You can live forever after getting those items. Guns? Who needs 'em. Plus if you were running for a zombie for ten minutes when you had a sub machine gun you did something wrong.

Welcome to DAYZ :lol: :beans:

As tradeoff you can run forever :D

Have you ever tried to survive without drinking and eating in 45 mins while fulltime running?

I know there are some permarunners out there but your survivor is an average survivor named bob :P

I dunno about you man, but running around for hours with nothing but cans of beans and shitty soda/water can wear you down pretty quickly.

I have an idea. Have a canned bean diet, drink only unfiltered tap water and/or soda, and run around for 45 minutes and tell me how you feel.

Good thing this is only a video game and not real life! But that is what you want... right?

He said he just started, we have no idea what the survivor was eating pre spawn so instantly jumping to "Beans and Soda water" is stupid. Hell maybe he's a prisoner and they served him a 3 coarse dinner before dropping him off on the shore of Cher. =P

Also I find it stupid that standing still for 50 minutes gives the same effect as OP's full on sprint =P Idk about you but I had a slice of pizza 2 and a half hours ago and i'm still feeling pretty good.

Edit: on top of that if this was realistic I could take this empty whiskey bottle or empty can, make a fire in the forest and purify your "unfiltered water" Making it the best possible thing to drink for any living creature.

Edit 2: and on the food case, realism would allow me to harvest from the forest, not just meat from animals but nuts((A very high in carbs and protein food)) wild vegetables and even insects. While not tasty can provide a ton of carbs and protein for survival. So don't toss the "The game IS realistic" card around without looking at both sides.

Edited by Jswah
  • Like 1

No excuse to be chased for 10 minutes. Zeds can't follow up steep hills, find one next time. There are plenty.

Edited by cogwheel

It's amazing how many people result to shooting Zeds to get them to stop following them, I only shoot them when i absolutely have to or don't want to have to run off and lose them just to loot a pile, and when I do, I do it as quietly as i can.

Just zig zag through a few trees in a forest or go through a building then get out of their sight and you're fine.

Edited by Cschlue

It's amazing how many people result to shooting Zeds to get them to stop following them, I only shoot them when i absolutely have to or don't want to have to run off and lose them just to loot a pile, and when I do, I do it as quietly as i can.

Just zig zag through a few trees in a forest or go through a building then get out of their sight and you're fine.

Yeah one of the open barns with the small haystacks in them are just perfect.

Allthough its easy enough to shake of a horde of zombies uphill like Cogwheel said.