Sign in to follow this  
SomeFatWhiteGuy

Found an M4A1 Holo SD in a tent, is it a legit item?

I came across a tent near the NWAF with this weapon and several SD stanag mags with it and it is a great weapon. A little "too" great...

I just want to know if this weapon is legit or not. If it is not legit, what should I do?

You can keep it but people will accuse you of hacking if you die with in on you.

Ok, thanks. Now that I know I shouldn't have the weapon, what should I do?

I'd use it, but know you might get kicked and reported if admin see's.

Ok, to add to my question, is there some sort of scanning stuff that goes on that would punish players for having illegitimate weapons in their inventory? If so, I will remove my m4a1 holo sd from my inventory without any argument.

Ok, to add to my question, is there some sort of scanning stuff that goes on that would punish players for having illegitimate weapons in their inventory? If so, I will remove my m4a1 holo sd from my inventory without any argument.

If you hack in a weapon, then yes you face a global ban. If you find a hacked in weapon and you use it, no you won't get a global ban, but there is a small chance that people will question if you're legit if they find the gun on your body.

I didn't hack the weapon in, so I guess I don't have to worry about that. Thanks for the info.

However, I still don't feel completely sure.

If a mod (or even rocket himself) could verify this, then I'd be very grateful.

OK, I've decided I'll just leave it in a tent in Elektro or something and watch people fight over it. (And snipe anyone who tries to escape with it!)

That way, I won't actually be using it, therefore I shouldn't get in trouble. (I mean, it's not like i hacked it in in the first place!)

today i found a M4A1 Holo (not sd) in the barracks and the thing is that when i joined the server there were no loot in the barrack so i went out and waited and when i was back in the Holo was right there with 2 stanag mags. Does this mean that the admin was a hacker?

today i found a M4A1 Holo (not sd) in the barracks and the thing is that when i joined the server there were no loot in the barrack so i went out and waited and when i was back in the Holo was right there with 2 stanag mags. Does this mean that the admin was a hacker?

No, that's jsut the way loot works in the game. Loot won't spawn immediately when you spawn in a building that hasn't seen any other survivor within some hundreds of meters.

In fact, people can actually exploit the system by removing all loot from a building, placing it outside, running away from building and returning. The loot will have respawned. Repeat cycle for dirty, dirty loot.

My friends and I dropped a guy today by the name of Majesticshitstain and found a M4A1 Holo SD (with M203) not on database, makes me cry to drop it but one less hacked weapon in the game.

Dont leave it in a tent leave somewhere unknown so noone can find it and use it

Whoa I found a M4A1 Holo in a barrack a few days ago and have been using it for a while. It's a hacked gun? Wtf?

bud, jus put it down in a big field and jus walk away from it, theirs a slim chance of you getting banned, but their so bad at banning people,its a real slim chance,but its still a chance.

I put it relatively close to Cherno because I felt like watching what people would do with it. After all, a person's character can be judged by the actions the person performs when they think no-one is looking.

Unfortunately, no-one dared to stand out in the open and search the tent. I even came back to the same server later and it was still there.

Whoa I found a M4A1 Holo in a barrack a few days ago and have been using it for a while. It's a hacked gun? Wtf?

No, that's a legitimate weapon. Don't worry. :)