tristantrill

The Best Sidearm In Dayz

After all the updates/patches lately i understand that a few guns have been nerfed or damage has been edited since Arma2 1.62. I am posting to ask if the revolver or m911 is better than one another.

Both are the same. Revolver has a slightly larger range than the 1911.

They both have the same damage now, 1911 is still quieter than the revolver, but in terms of power they are both equal. granted they are both worthless now anyway =/

I used to like having a m1911 and hatchet for killing zombie's quietly, and it would give me good protection against human players... Now, not so much..

Thanks for the specs! i already had the m911 and just ran across a revolver and was like ehhh let me do some research.

Same as before the ArmA2 OA nerf - the M1911 and Revolver offer the same damage.

Also, as before the nerf, the Revolver has better damage and accuracy at range - the M1911's damage will drop off sooner than the Revolver's, and will be less accurate (as an added bonus, the Revolver's iron sights are better, too).

However, the M1911 offers a faster rate of fire and an extra bullet per magazine. I believe it also reloads a little bit faster, but there's not much in it.

I used to prefer the M1911, but even before the nerf patch I switched to the revolver for the benefits it offers. Still find myself expecting that extra shot, but it's a better gun overall.

Since the nerf I have grabbed a G17. Very easy to go for headshots. I used to carry around a M1911

G17, I used to rock the M1911 most of the time but since they don't OHK zombies anymore you have to go for headshots, and with the terrible iron sights of the M1911 that's pretty hard to pull of.

So yeah, G17, plenty of ammo, great iron sights and free flash light.

WOW... tabbed back in game then a bandit runs in and trys to kill me but i pop off enough headshots to save my life!

Haven't found a g17 yet but when i do ill be sure to use it.

I used to have a m1911, but after the nerf I said fuck it. Now I'm back to my trusty makarov.

Edited by Caz

WOW... tabbed back in game then a bandit runs in and trys to kill me but i pop off enough headshots to save my life!

Haven't found a g17 yet but when i do ill be sure to use it.

never alt tab while in game, i carry around the pdw. since pistols do about the same damage you get 15~20 shots in one clip with the uzi

Still revolver/m1911 in my opinion. Which one to use is your personal preference.

After the nerf, I'd say the M9SD, no contest. 15 round mag + silenced.

M9SD is the only even remotely decent sidearm. If you have a primary weapon and don't have M9SD, you might as well just carry 8 bandages or even better: bandages and some M203 HE grenades if you happen to have a launcher in your primary.

Pre-patch it was M9SD or Revolver/M1911 depending on preference and availability. While the sidearms are now closer to each other in terms of quality and the 9mm stuff is actually probably better than .45 stuff, sidearms in general are just pure garbage apart from M9SD thanks to being silenced, which is always a hugely helpful thing

Edited by Elmokki

I don't think sidearms are useless, at least as far as I've gotten (raided airfield for loot - been from Chernogorsk to every town in a straight line to the airfield). I was looking for a M1911 but couldn't find one in Cherno so I kept a revolver I found although I didn't like it very much as it was slow firing. Once I got to Stary Sabor I found a G17 and have used it since and I find it to be very good. It's very easy to headshot with and the recoil is low enough that I can quickly triple or even quadruple tap a zombie before it gets to me. The 17 round magazine is also very nice to have along with the flashlight which I used to navigate parts of the airfield at night.

Sidearms are nice; I use them to get easy and discreet headshots against zombies.

i am using a pdw and i have a loud dmr. however i use m9sd mags for it so i can still shoot with out making too much noise, also the pdw can use lots of mags so i rarely run compleatly out of ammo.

I'm definitely a G17 fan. Flashlight and large mag size. Nice sights. And I've used it a lot before DayZ, so I'm pretty good with it.

There is no such thing as a best sidearm, only one that's most suited to your line of work.

If you're a sniper, then bring along a M1911 or Revolver for zombie killing and defending yourself at close range.

G17 if you're looting and need a high capacity gun to pick off the zombies that follow you from building to building.

Or M9SD if you want to stealth around and not attract aggro.

PDW can replace G17 as a looting gun, but the G17 is always my preferred looting gun.

No such thing as a useful sidearm in Day Z anymore. Keep your hatchet sharp and carry on, my good sir.

Used a G17 before the M1911 nerf, and I am still using it, very quiet, good iron sights and good magazinesize.

Searched a M9SD for a week and finally found one, just to notice that the iron sights are off, shots are way higher and its hard to land headshots at more than 10m

(and it takes like 6 bodyhits for a Z kill -.- ) .