Sign in to follow this  
BuzzBurridge

Worst Weapon In Dayz

M9SD is great. learn to aim for the head

It's meh for Zeds, and after the nerf, it will do such a small amount of damage to players it will be laughable. Try headshots on a player that is moving, and firing back..

It's meh for Zeds, and after the nerf, it will do such a small amount of damage to players it will be laughable. Try headshots on a player that is moving, and firing back..

I take it your not an FPS player by nature? Generally speaking, people don't stand there and let you shoot them so in reality, what you're saying is "I can't aim at a head unless it's not moving, which means no one can"

I take it your not an FPS player by nature? Generally speaking, people don't stand there and let you shoot them so in reality, what you're saying is "I can't aim at a head unless it's not moving, which means no one can"

I play FPS games occasionally, just not on the PC(I play this game and occasionally another), so yes, perhaps that is an issue. But I'm positive every kill you have is not a headshot. Headshots are inherently difficult, which is why it is so valued. But go ahead and try to take on a player with an AKM or Winchester with that M9. You will not win, unless you are extremely lucky with a headshot, or extremely good and can focus on hitting him in the head while being riddled with bullets. I know I wouldn't bet my life on my ability to hit someone in the head with the M9, while being fired on.

Edited by Ratfever

M9 SD!This weapon has too much hype! who cares if its silent! Im referring to the DayZ M9 SD. The things a pea shooter, it takes 4 - 5 rounds for our average player to successfully take down the zed. Scavenging for ammo for this piece is a pain. Just makes me laugh when i see it in pvp. Though this is just all my opinion. Worst Item of All? = M9SD

Not to mention that POS is horrible inaccurate. I tried to shoot a goat on a field with it for some stakes, propably from 20 meters, all my 5 shots missed. You have to be literally couple of meters away to hit anything with it. But it is silent, has a 15 round clip, so i guess its better than Makarov.

since the weapon dmg adjustment there are lots of weapons now that are totally garbage.

crowbar or lee enfield. the sound off the lee enfield is too ridiculous to use. only useful for homocide.

It's not any louder than a bunch of weapons anymore. That was reduced too.

also, homocide

• Like 1

Secondary Gun - M9SD - The Hype killed this gun along with it actually being bad. Rare spawn, Rare Ammo, 5 shots to kill. Garbage.

Primary Gun - L85 Thermal OP gun - Its garbage in terms of shooting. Its only good if your in a group and one person carries it to do town and city scans due to its OP thermal scope.

Crowbar > crossbow (one bolt a slot is retarded) > markov

Crossbow could be a beast of a weapon if implemented realistically and functionally.

Needs more bolts per stack

Actually have iron sights

Put the bolt in the gear section of the zombie (loosing your only bolt up a zombies ass is annoying)

I have a friend who is new to the game that thinks the lee einfield is the greatest thing ever. I had an extra AK47 with 5 clips if he wanted it and he said he would rather have his lee einfield. Granted he was using a crossbow before this and was thinking of using that over the Lee Einfield.

I've tried to tell him countless times just about every main weapon is better than the lee einfield, but he just doesn't listen. The funny part is he doesn't PVP either he just uses it to kill zeds.

I swear he just doesn't want to listen to someone who has more experience in this game.

Edited by Bobicon

haha these Ning nong's saying the L85 AWS and AKM are bad? Silly Billys!

M9SD is bad, i find the iron sights difficult to use on only this weapon, out of every weapon in the game.

Shame considering its my "Go to" sidearm for ACE insurgency/Arma2 Domination. Im Kinda 50/50 with my headshots just because the iron sights suck, i just dont bother with it on dayz really.

M9 SD!This weapon has too much hype! who cares if its silent! Im referring to the DayZ M9 SD. The things a pea shooter, it takes 4 - 5 rounds for our average player to successfully take down the zed. Scavenging for ammo for this piece is a pain. Just makes me laugh when i see it in pvp. Though this is just all my opinion. Worst Item of All? = M9SD

You have a silent weapon -_- Why would all of your shots not be headshots? If it takes you 4 - 5 rounds to take down a zed then you are doing it wrong, I'm afraid.

You just suck. The point to using a silenced weapon is to silently headshot zeds without aggro (or alerting other players). the m9sd lets you do this while keeping a high powered primary for pvp (the bizon does WAY too little damage, especially post-patch, the m4sd is pretty good, but rarer IME).

Im Kinda 50/50 with my headshots just because the iron sights suck, i just dont bother with it on dayz really.

You're 50/50 with the headshots because YOU suck.