pop135899

Server Problems

jesus, even player like me are wporking on the problem

(same issue)

just give this a bit time... we all are not that quick

jesus, even player like me are wporking on the problem

(same issue)

just give this a bit time... we all are not that quick

Yeah, this is a bad issue that none of us likes. It's sucks. I just keep bumping incase someone actually knows the issue.

Ok, so I fixed my Six Launcher problem. Apperently, I had to download it from Six Launcher again, but I still can't seem to join the servers. I am about to check if I can see the servers again.

Sorry, but another bump. I am getting very fed up that I can't figure this out.

As a workaround......use Remote connection button and connect direct....find IP and port number here

http://arma2.swec.se/server/list

Actually, I don't know how to do the direct connection. I was confused on what to do. I know where the remote button but don't know how to connect. :(

Ok, I am about to upload a video of my problem. Hopefully it will give SOMEONE a better thinking.

Damn it. I can't upload today. Too many people on internet. If someone else has something to say. Please say it. I can't join a single server and I want to play the game really bad.

Bump.

I had this problem as well but it ended up fixing itself. From what you can do to find a server, I believe the issue is caused by a Domain Name Resolution server, since you can use the IP to connect but not the name. For the time being I did what Drogur said and used http://arma2.swec.se/server/list to find the IP of the server.

I'll give you the step by step.

Since you say you've found the direct connect button, I'll start from there and use my server as an example (US 1468)

1) Search for "1468" in the filter at http://arma2.swec.se/server/list to find DayZ - US 1468

2) Click on the server's name and a list of things will show up.

3) Next to address, copy the list of numbers that look's like this: 23.29.120.226:2332

4) Load into Arma2: Combined Operations and click on the "Remote" button.

5) In the "IP" field, put 23.29.120.226 (everything before the colon)

6) In the field under that ("port"), put "2332".

7) After these steps your IP field should say "23.29.120.226" without the quotes, and your port field should say "2332" without quotes

8) Click okay and the server SHOULD show up.

Note: In neither of these fields is there a colon.

Note2: You can follow these steps with any server you want, however the IP and port numbers will be different. I simply used mine because I know my server is working perfectly.

Hope to see you in game ^^

Edited by Mozzy4Ever
  • Like 2

I had this problem as well but it ended up fixing itself. From what you can do to find a server, I believe the issue is caused by a Domain Name Resolution server, since you can use the IP to connect but not the name. For the time being I did what Drogur said and used http://arma2.swec.se/server/list to find the IP of the server.

I'll give you the step by step.

Since you say you've found the direct connect button, I'll start from there and use my server as an example (US 1468)

1) Search for "1468" in the filter at http://arma2.swec.se/server/list to find DayZ - US 1468

2) Click on the server's name and a list of things will show up.

3) Next to address, copy the list of numbers that look's like this: 23.29.120.226:2332

4) Load into Arma2: Combined Operations and click on the "Remote" button.

5) In the "IP" field, put 23.29.120.226 (everything before the colon)

6) In the field under that ("port"), put "2332".

7) After these steps your IP field should say "23.29.120.226" without the quotes, and your port field should say "2332" without quotes

8) Click okay and the server SHOULD show up.

Note: In neither of these fields is there a colon.

Note2: You can follow these steps with any server you want, however the IP and port numbers will be different. I simply used mine because I know my server is working perfectly.

Hope to see you in game ^^

Still doesn't work for me. :( I hope to put up the video soon if youtube would even let me upload the video. Thanks anyways!

Edit: I don't mind waiting. As long as I know that it will work soon. :)

Edited by pop135899

Do you have a firewall on your computer, whether it be a windows firewall or another program?

Yes, but I have tried firewall before. Nothing seems to take effect.

Did you try doing what I mentioned with the firewall off?

Yeah, sadly it didn't work.

I can't think of anything else possible, apart from letting me Teamviewer your computer and try to figure it out that way.

I can't think of anything else possible, apart from letting me Teamviewer your computer and try to figure it out that way.

We could try that. As long as nothing happens. :P Let me download it.

Just PM me your ID/Password once it's up and running and I'll see what I can do

Okay. I have sent you my ID/Password. Give me a moment. I need to eat lunch.

Just PM me your ID/Password once it's up and running and I'll see what I can do

Okay. I am done eating. Tell me when.