Sign in to follow this  
Condork

Your GFX Card And How It Runs.

Plan on buying a new GFX card very soon, simply to play Day Z.

I have a budget of around 100-200£

Just simply post your graphics card and how it runs and your processor if you wouldn't mind :)

I will do some research into them etc.

Thank you, much appreciated.

I've got an i5 2500k and a gtx 560ti twin frozrII and it runs dayZ fine on decently high settings. but my system is balanced and has no bottlenecking so...

AMD Phenom 2 Quad 955 running at 3.4

AMD 6950 2GB softmoddded to 6970 firmware

Everything runs great at high. Haven't met a game I had to tone down yet, but I also play at 1680x1050, so there's that.

Sapphire Radeon HD5850 Toxic(overclocked) - runs at an average of 45 or so fps. Minimum of 30ish. Maxxed out all settings except AA and the god-awful post-process effects.

I also run a AMD Phenom II 1090t.

Although good luck finding a 5850 that isn't second hand.

running an i5 and a single gtx 680, 8gb ram and an ssd. I can run full settings with hdr dropped one to high. This is after much system tweaking on my end though PM me if your having issues with the gtx 680 as nvidia cards or not optimized for this game as much as radeon cards.

GeForce GTX580 Lightning

i7 2500k clocked to 3.8ghz

played at 1920x1080

Eats everything I throw at it.

GTX 570, but I have a shitty fucking dual-core processor due to my ancient motherboard. (They stopped making the motherboards I use like 5 years ago. It's old. And I can't afford to buy a new motherboard/processor at the moment. :( )

Runs pretty decent. Hiccups sometimes, but nothing terrible. Sometimes I guess you can say it runs smooth. Depends how large the town is that I am in.

Edited by Phronq

PNY Geforce 550 ti 1 GB Ram

i7 3770k Clocked to 3.9Ghz

Always go with a Nvidia Graphics Card, Geforce series, prob in the 600 series.

Radeon GFX cards are shit, If you want a long lasting card that performs well, go with Nvidia.

FX-6100 (Was given as a gift) and GTX 560ti OC'd to 900mhz. I run it max everything, 50-60 fps in the wilderness and 40ish in the cities. The performance gets better every patch. About a month ago I got no better than 30fps in the middle of nowhere, and 18ish in cherno.

Phenom II X4 980 and a GTX 670. Have not had any problems running anything. I run dual monitors aswell and never disable one when gaming and everything still runs perfect.

I only upgraded to the 670 a few weeks ago from a 560ti. The 670 is a beast of a card. If you could splash out the extra money for it I would highly recommend it.

But if you don't wanna spend the extra money for the 670, my old 560ti was great aswell. It would be in your price range and it runs DayZ well.

For a game like Dayz and ARMA you need a great Harddrive as well as a decent gfx card. You can get a huge fps boost with a nice harddrive. You don't really need a modern top of the line video card to run this game on the highest settings.

For a game like Dayz and ARMA you need a great Harddrive as well as a decent gfx card. You can get a huge fps boost with a nice harddrive. You don't really need a modern top of the line video card to run this game on the highest settings.

I have an older machine yet still manage to run Day Z. Coincidentally enough, I tried to start a similar system specs thread not too long ago.

SPECS:

Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo E7500 @2.93GHz

MoBo: MSI P6NGM-L LGA 775

Memory: 4GB DDR2

Video Card: XFX NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT 512 MB

SETTINGS

Quality Preference: High

Interface Resolution: 1280x720x32

3D Resolution: 1280x720 (100%)

Texture Detail: Normal

Video Memory: Very High

Ansiotropic Filtering: Normal

Antialiasing: Disabled

Terrain Detail: Normal

Objects Detail: Normal

Shadow Detail: High

HDR Quality: Normal

Postprocess Effects: disabled

Interface Size: Large

Aspect Ratio: 16:10 - Wide

V-Sync: disabled

AMD Phenom II quad core 3.6GHz, AMD Radeon Sapphire HD 7850, and 8GB DDR3 RAM. I play with everything on very high and 1920 x 1080

Edited by Hendrix27

I've been very pleased with my Sapphire 6950 (running 6970 shaders / clocks). I was planning to use this in the interrim while waiting for 7xxx series to launch but I soon realized there was no need to upgrade just yet. Not sure if they have changed this since I purchased my card, but the one I bought has a dual Bios. With a simple flick of a switch it loads the 6970 bios with unlocked shaders. Bumped up the clocks just a bit and woilla. My card is now identical to a 6970. Not bad for a five minute out of the box upgrade.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814102987

Ive got a i7 3770K and a Evga GeForce GTX 480. Sure the cards a little dated but im running arma 2:CO at somewhere in between very high and high for 45 fps average even when the action is intense. The card is going for $199 on amazon and is great for games like BF3 (Ultra-47 FPS). Overall its a great card for the value and I highly reccomend it. :thumbsup: :beans:

Phenom II X4 980 and a GTX 670. Have not had any problems running anything. I run dual monitors aswell and never disable one when gaming and everything still runs perfect.

I only upgraded to the 670 a few weeks ago from a 560ti. The 670 is a beast of a card. If you could splash out the extra money for it I would highly recommend it.

But if you don't wanna spend the extra money for the 670, my old 560ti was great aswell. It would be in your price range and it runs DayZ well.

Your signature is awesome! Gief.